• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT14| Ruthless: The So Well Spoken Story

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mobile Suit Gooch

Grundle: The Awakening
I've done this before but maybe none of you know who I am. (Perhaps I should post more?)

Where you're from -North Carolina
Where you live - North Carolina
What is your age? - 24
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy - I need help with this one.
Do you know your roots - Not really
Favorite musical genre - Hip-hop/ R&B/ Gospel/ Alt. Rock/ Video game and anime music/ some J-pop
Your profession/major/career interest -Keyboard player at church, IT/ interested in Game development.
Your religious affiliation - Christian-Baptist
Hobbies - Roasting and hangout with my friends, Video games, internet, Pro Wrestling, attending anime cons (well only the one that takes place in Raleigh.), cooking.
KFC, Popeye's, Churches, or Bojangles? - Bojangles all day.

andthebeatgoeson

I've done this before but maybe none of you know who I am. (Perhaps I should post more?)

What is your age? - 24
Favorite musical genre - Hip-hop/ R&B/ Gospel/ Alt. Rock/ Video game and anime music/ some J-pop
Your profession/major/career interest -Keyboard player at church, IT/ interested in Game development.
Hobbies - Roasting and hangout with my friends, Video games, internet, Pro Wrestling, attending anime cons (well only the one that takes place in Raleigh.), cooking.
Welcome. I think I would be interested in Bojangles but I never see them.

Aside:
Instead of Disney, we need another question: All lives matter or fill in the blank? That fill in the blank would really force people to think. You can find out quick who ain't shit.

Johndoey

Banned

What is your age? - 24

How do you feel about chitlins?

Malyse

What is your age? - 24
What's your favorite Disney movie?

andthebeatgoeson

How do you feel about chitlins?
Not in my house. Put that shit on the back porch. And carry it around the side of the house, don't walk thru the house.

First time I ever had it, my mom in law must have put some voodoo on her house and made the smell go away. It wasn't bad. And I fully knew what it was.

Second time, she did it in my house. That smell. Banned her from ever doing that. Hell, I banned them from getting them at the store, already cooked and reheating them. They should put that stipulation on leases. Last Christmas, father in law got them on his way to the airport, going home.

Fuck every chitlin ever made.

Malyse

Welcome. I think I would be interested in Bojangles but I never see them.

Aside:
Instead of Disney, we need another question: All lives matter or fill in the blank? That fill in the blank would really force people to think. You can find out quick who ain't shit.

Who would be stupid enough to come in the Black Culture Thread with some all lives matter? That's an obvious trap.

Malyse

Back in the day? that's hard...It's either The Lion King or Mulan.

or Current? I wanna see Zootopia.

It's fucking great!

Also:

Marvel or DC? Favorite superhero?
Anime or nah?

-----

56e6b4b71500002a000b1e09.jpeg

Johndoey

Banned
If you three candles on Monday night at 8pm, then whisper the word of our savior Cena three times, Vince McMahon will surely rise from the tomb.

I thought you were dead.

Where the fuck have you been? The minute someone says wrestling you pop up.

He's too good for "the blacks"

Fifteen years from now, we gonna address him as Sir John Boyega.

Here's a true fact: When he visited the kids, he was in character as Finn. He pointed at a car outside of the window pretending to not understand the concept of a car and the kids explained to him what cars did.

Boyega da GAWD

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

zeemumu

I don't understand these people who say that networks shouldn't air new shows and should just keep re-airing old ones from when they were growing up. If the generation before them had that mentality you wouldn't have those shows in the first place.

Mobile Suit Gooch

Grundle: The Awakening
I don't understand these people who say that networks shouldn't air new shows and should just keep re-airing old ones from when they were growing up. If the generation before them had that mentality you wouldn't have those shows in the first place.

But I love In Living Color.

Kreed

Rufus T. Wild/"Buck Wild, Mercenary Man" – First appeared in Icon #13 "It's Always Christmas" (May 1994); Buck Wild possessed "belief defyin' strength" and "tungsten hard skin", but spoke as if he came from a blaxploitation film. He was a hero to the local folks, but he also took money for his work. It was revealed in his first appearance that when he received his powers in 1972, his brain had been frozen, which explains his outdated speaking patterns. Wild was clearly a parody of Marvel's Luke Cage, complete with afro, gold headband and yellow shirt unbuttoned to the navel. In his next appearance, he is recruited to take Icon's place—costume included—when Icon returned to his home planet. Rocket (Darnice) used her Inertia Belt to carry him, making him appear to fly. Buck's time as Icon II was short-lived, as he gave his life in order to stop Oblivion, a mass murdering alien foe of Icon. In an issue devoted to his funeral, it is revealed in a series of eulogies from his enemies (although it is unclear how trustworthy these eulogies are) that he had taken several other costumed identities, all of them parodies of other famous black superheroes. According to these eulogies, Buck once used an experimental growth serum which turned him into the gigantic "Buck Goliath" (a pastiche of Black Goliath). While working with a Captain America-type known as Patriot, he called himself "Jim Crow" and wore a winged costume allowing him to fly (as with Falcon). As "Buck Lightning" (Black Lightning), Buck wore a wrist apparatus that generated lightning bolts. At the funeral, Kingfish (a take on Kingpin) used the legendary Ruby Begonia gemstone to bring him back to life, now able to generate green smoke, the sound of drums tolling doom, and a ghost-like double which could possess others and make them do his bidding (Brother Voodoo). Darnice, however, tells him that his time on earth is over, at which Buck removes the Begonia stone and allows himself to die. Icon recounts that Buck serves as an example to all of us of how we can be heroes wherever we are.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Icon_(comics)#Supporting_characters

This sounds hilarious.

Johndoey

Banned
Half of every Blindspot episode is people staring at each other with their mouths hanging open. And the other half is the leads eye boning (eye banging?).

JLynn

Stop. Seriously? I need to read up on that. Someone posted the girl asking where Rey was.

Daily Mail reported that.

It is cool Disney does shit like that for the kids
Wait until it is Chadwick's turn

Imagine him on BHM.

I loved the fact that Chris Pratt said that he snatched the Star-Lord outfit so he can wear it to visit kids in hospitals.

One time he visited a hospital as Star-Lord, and a kid recognized his voice from The Lego Movie. Chris sat next to the kid and answered every question he asked about the movie and recited scenes with him.

Marvel or DC? Favorite superhero?
Anime or nah?

Both. DC has better literary stories that are great works of fiction. Marvel has the best heroes. The Shadow, Hulk, Black Panther, The Phantom, and Spider-Man are my favorite superheroes. Favorite American comics characters are Scrooge McDuck, and Howard the Duck.

Anime, hereby meaning animation, which is a storytelling medium? Yes. Moeblob stuff? No. 60s - 90s anime. I don't like most modern shows. Fullmetal Alchemist 2003 is my favorite, my Star Wars, and the big fantasy epic I grew up watching. Brotherhood can lick my butt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom