• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT14| Ruthless: The So Well Spoken Story

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeemumu

4755174-captain-america-vs-batman-crossover-photo-2.jpg

What comic is this from, Slayven?

Edit: nevermind, found it.

Johndoey

Banned
I don't really get what the Devil need Damien for, it seems like he can do whatever.

Churches are his kryptonite, not an aversion like his body starts shutting down.

I don't really get what the Devil need Damien for, it seems like he can do whatever.

Churches are his kryptonite, not an aversion like his body starts shutting down.
This doesn't look connected to the movies in the slightest..Or am I crazy? Digging his girl tho.
I don't know what that means, but I just went to South Park Mall once with my brother and cousins and they followed us around in every store.
To be fair, y'all were walking while black..

lol..this shit is embarrassing. Boo! I liked the other sister better..

Edit-

Oh no..the flashbacks!!! If that isn't the most out of place, laziest shit ever. Yeah..thinking I've seen enough.

Was gaming and catching up with a few weeks of back episodes of 99% Invisible and, despite BHM being over, caught an episode on The Negro Motorist Green Book. It was an old travel guide for black people specifically for writing down black friendly stops such as gas stations and restaurants during the Jim Crow era. About 20 minutes of really interesting history and if your grandparents have 1 or 2 of these lying around, they could be worth a couple thousand.

Was gaming and catching up with a few weeks of back episodes of 99% Invisible and, despite BHM being over, caught an episode on The Negro Motorist Green Book. It was an old travel guide for black people specifically for writing down black friendly stops such as gas stations and restaurants during the Jim Crow era. About 20 minutes of really interesting history and if your grandparents have 1 or 2 of these lying around, they could be worth a couple thousand.
That's cool shit. Thanks for sharing!

Bronx-Man

Banned
I don't know what that means, but I just went to South Park Mall once with my brother and cousins and they followed us around in every store.
Yeah, that sounds about right. You walk in there looking anything darker than tan, they bout to sound the alarm and put the women & children into lifeboats. Real upper-class snobbery there.

akira28

They need to be happy someone decided to walk into their mall instead of shopping on Amazon.

that happened when I went to my old mall hang out after 20 years, and the security guard was all "sir can I help you find something" when I standing at the mall map trying to find the candy shoppe. I'm really doubting that he can help me find shit.

just because you traded Montgomery Wards for Macys don't mean you're suddenly not ain't shit.

Was cleaning my glasses. See a blurry figure walking real slow in a shuffle thought it was a disabled person. Put back on my glasses and see its just this nikka with his pants starting where be boxers ended and can't walk because of it

Shy

Do any of you guys watch Blu-rays on PC, if so what do you use. ? (i've tried to get VLC to work, but it won't listen)

Dereck

Do any of you guys watch Blu-rays on PC, if so what do you use. ? (i've tried to get VLC to work, but it won't listen)
I use DVDFab. Players won't work unless the protection on the Blu-ray disc is removed, (or you could find a dedicated Blu-ray player software).

Jacir

Cool interesting article.

Nice pics.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
She could have invited the third wheel along to see how you interacted with them, but if she was feeling the same way about you in terms of chemistry, she might have invited the third wheel along to improve the date.

It's definitely tough having discussions on "lack of faith" with older family members so I don't blame you not wanting to tell the rest of your family. I had the discussion with my immediate family almost immediately after I decided to abandon Christianity and made the decision to just keep it to them and not my entire extended family, although I'm pretty sure at this point they all know/have talked about it among themselves since I can't think of the last time I've had a conversation about going to church/have been invited to go to church outside of weddings. Although my immediate and extended families will still ask me to participate in saying grace/prayer/etc... without a second thought which I do with no problem since it's just going through the motions now. It definitely took my mom a while to accept it, and even now we will still have arguments from time to time. Example, one night I was at my parents and we were watching an episode of the Carmichael show and the episode was about the girlfriend, Maxine, not being religious and I was laughing and "mmhmm"-ing a little too much at the episode, so that became a debate. Thankfully guests came over which gave me an excuse to end it.

My mom knows better than to battle wits with me. I'll always listen because she's my mom but she was actually impressed by my thoughtfulness on this, hence the whole analytical stuff. I don't take solace in the fact others experience this though.

jmood88

I actually just asked my grandma about those books a couple days.

JLynn

Fifteen years from now, we gonna address him as Sir John Boyega.

Here's a true fact: When he visited the kids, he was in character as Finn. He pointed at a car outside of the window pretending to not understand the concept of a car and the kids explained to him what cars did.

andthebeatgoeson

Good morning, peoples. Beautiful morning.

Good thing about global warming is you can work on your tan, amirite?

*sees which one of you raises your hand*

andthebeatgoeson

Fifteen years from now, we gonna address him as Sir John Boyega.

Here's a true fact: When he visited the kids, he was in character as Finn. He pointed at a car outside of the window pretending to not understand the concept of a car and the kids explained to him what cars did.
Stop. Seriously? I need to read up on that. Someone posted the girl asking where Rey was.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom