• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT16| - I'm blacker than you'll ever be

Status
Not open for further replies.
So other than that news, how was everyone's day?

For me, work was okay. Now I'm watching some bugs bunny cartoons and probably gonna go huntin' in Bloodborne later on.

Gattsu25

Banned
So my hotep cousin decided to drop by and gloat over his early vote for Trump. I cut ties with him then and there.

Me? I got all but one of my family members to vote over the last two days.

So my hotep cousin decided to drop by and gloat over his early vote for Trump. I cut ties with him then and there.

Me? I got all but one of my family members to vote over the last two days.

You don't have to share, but I'd really like to know what fucked up brain patterns caused a hotep, who is ostensibly /for/ the black family, to vote for a man who is pretty much against it.

D i Z

You don't have to share, but I'd really like to know what fucked up brain patterns caused a hotep, who is ostensibly /for/ the black family, to vote for a man who is pretty much against it.

Anti women in power, and all about their pockets over community. There are some Hotep pro trump comments around.

Shy

That 3D so good it makes me wanna take all the drugs and shit over salted chops in Slayven's grits..
zEyhk6p.gif

Hoteps claim Democrats done nothing for the black community, especially during the last eight years. They feel that every other group (mainly the LGBT community ) was put in front of black needs.

Other Hoteps think that letting the white supremacists win by letting Trump in the White House, black folks would finally wake up and realize they have no allies and start practicing group economics.

Somehow they forget all the bullshit he GOP has pulled or tried to pull on us but hey, hoteps ain't the brightest bunch.

Doctor Strange was so good. Marvel is taking characters no one knows and having huge success and DC can't do shit with Batman and Superman.

People were losing their minds I the theater just now. Every single person was a fan..from the little kids to Slayven's roommates here on winter break from Lenbrook..

For me, work was okay. Now I'm watching some bugs bunny cartoons and probably gonna go huntin' in Bloodborne later on.
Pretty good. I turned 20(I don't celebrate my birthday) and went to visit my older brother with special needs. We visit him on the weekends, but it's hard because the drive to his group home is 80 minutes at least. It was a good time and he liked the Popeyes we brought him.

Got my new Jem and the Holograms shirt, looking fresh as a motherfucker.

Went to go eat lunch today and had someone pay for my check. It was a black mother with her daughters. I was sitting across from her.
I'm not sure why she did, but it could've been that she saw me reading the New Jim Crow or when I said "It's good to see more black people in here because usually I'm the only one" and then a white man with his family asked me what did I say and I told him. He said something to the effect of "what a weird thing to say, this is America people can eat whatever they want to," he sounded mad and I was just like "okay."

So later the black waitress walked up to me and told me that sista paid for me my meal. I had one of those when it's the shit to be black moments.

Pretty good. I turned 20(I don't celebrate my birthday) and went to visit my older brother with special needs. We visit him on the weekends, but it's hard because the drive to his group home is 80 minutes at least. It was a good time and he liked the Popeyes we brought him.

Well happy birthday to you!! Glad you had a good day with your brother!

Got my new Jem and the Holograms shirt, looking fresh as a motherfucker.

Went to go eat lunch today and had someone pay for my check. It was a black mother with her daughters. I was sitting across from her.
I'm not sure why she did, but it could've been that she saw me reading the New Jim Crow or when I said "It's good to see more black people in here because usually I'm the only one" and then a white man with his family asked me what did I say and I told him. He said something to the effect of "what a weird thing to say, this is America people can eat whatever they want to," he sounded mad and I was just like "okay."

So later the black waitress walked up to me and told me that sista paid for me my meal. I had one of those when it's the shit to be black moments.

It's the small gestures from others that makes a day brighter. That woman did a real nice thing for you.

Shy

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SENPAI.

Zekes!

happy birthday fam

I'm out here writing a literature review on family therapy with multiracial/multicultural families. My cursory search gives me the impression that there ain't a lot of good reading out there about this specific topic

Mizerman

Happy B-Day.

Ross61

Thought Doctor Strange was decent, not in a hurry to rewatch tho. It was a visual spectacle that's for sure. Nice spin on the villain act too.

Ah, Chapelle. If the news is true, here's another straight black man who forgets that the black community contains LGBTQIA folks, too.

Ah, Chapelle. If the news is true, here's another straight black man who forgets that the black community contains LGBTQIA folks, too.

I bought that dude's show on dvd. But now I regret in a way because of that story. But I guess it's true about you being better not meeting your heroes, or knowing they might have flaws...major flaws.

Malyse

I'm glad y'all seeing Doc in 3D. Legit worth it.

-----

My weekends been terribad. Too depressed to write like I should, might have a real bad infection with fevers and shit, I'm exhausted for absolutely no reason, and the little writing I did get was attacked by writers block.

T__T

2016 was a mistake.

Shy

My weekends been terribad. Too depressed to write like I should, might have a real bad infection with fevers and shit, I'm exhausted for absolutely no reason, and the little writing I did get was attacked by writers block.

T__T

2016 was a mistake.
Damn. Sorry to hear that D.D. Hope next year is much better for you.
cmf7hDd.gif

-----

T__T

2016 was a mistake.

Hope you feel better, friend. Get some rest, you need it. And everyone has a mental block now and again. It's happens to all of us.

Edit: I was this close to adding a virtual hug gif in this post. Opportunity missed.

Ugh.

-----

T__T

2016 was a mistake.

Be easy out there Malyse. I didn't get any writing done either. I got distracted. I'm going to see if I can pull something tonight.

My mother got my father a keyboard (music) for his birthday. She sent me the video of him playing it and it brought an insane smile on my face because he hasn't seriously played since he had Tekken 3 Lei Wulong length hair in the early 80s.

Malyse

Happy realization: people are coming to be cosplaying Riri which is great cause she's great. Also, I want a Moon Gurl TV show like ASAP.

----

Remember to set your clocks.

My day was cool. Got a mani/pedi. Saw Dr.Strange. Got drunk and watched Zootoopia. Yours?

Eh, slow day at work. Just relaxing at home, watching cartoons as I usually do. Might play Bloodborne later on. Also debating what kind of pizza I want to make for election night. If I'm gonna watch an orange turd cry his eyes out yelling 'rigged!', might as well do it while eating something tasty.

Thanks BCT.
Feel better Malyse, it seems like everyone is catching a cold atm.

I started watching Lucha Underground this week, and it's amazing. That Mil Muerte v Fenix #Grave Consequences match was godlike, and I love "Punished" Big Ryck getting a push. As someone who never really watched WWE, Lucha's production values are selling me on wrestling like nothing has before.

andthebeatgoeson

Saw Trolls with the kids. It was alright but u feel asleep. The last part was decent. Ugly art but it was more of a Justin Timberlake vehicle. The 'ethnic' character was a caricature. That's unfortunate. He can't just be normal, he had to shuck and jive and make funny faces.

Got the TV. It looks nice. The box was too big so we removed it from the box and drove home with in the back seat, upright. I should have planned better but i was determined to get it this weekend.

Watching foosball tomorrow, soccer games for the youngins, enjoy that extra hour.

Trying to see if i can easily cast to a Samsung TV or do i just need to get a chrome cast. Shouldn't PCs and lap tops have this standard in a few years?

I'm late but Happy birthday SENPAI. 🙌

Also, Dave Chappelle news isn't suprising. My SO was all omg 😱 about it. Regardless if he was joking or not I don't expect all black comedians and celebrities to hold 100% Liberal views. He didn't vote for Donald Trump so we're good.

The comedian wasn’t feeling so much love for women’s rights, gay rights, and transgender rights activists, saying, “They should not be having that conversation in front of black people. You go ahead and feel something about your rights. But if you’re putting sexism and homophobia and transphobia in front of racism, you should be ashamed of yourself.” Chappelle still slammed North Carolina legislation stating that transgender people must use the public restroom that aligns with the sex stated on their respective birth certificates. “If you need to show your birth certificate to take a dump at a Wal-Mart in North Carolina, that’s insane.” Chappelle noted he would rather not have “a woman with a dick” stand next to him at a urinal. He also said he wasn’t happy about rumors that Caitlyn Jenner would pose nude for Sports Illustrated. “Sometimes I just want to read some stats.”
Dave Chappelle Defends Trump, Rips Clinton.

royalan

Dave Chapelle is a dumbass. Full stop. No excuses. Just stupid as shit down to his draws.

But I been knowin that. And I been appreciating his art.

GOD, I just wish all my faves would just shut the fuck up sometimes. You don't NEED to have an opinion all the damn time. Especially an opinion you know is fucking stupid. Dave KNOWS he has black gay fans. He KNOWS he has black female fans. HE SHOULD KNOW how offensive that bullshit he just said is. But he really thinks he's got a fresh-off-the-presses type of opinion.

GAH. Just shut the fuck up!

First is Jill Scott defending Bill Cosby.

Then it was Erykah Badu with her Hotep shit.

Then Trick Daddy. NOT TRICK DADDY. Trick Daddy tried to put you lousy niggas on to the glory of eating ass. But then he had to fuck up and say some dumb shit about black women.

And now Dave Chappelle with his ol stupid ass.

I need my faves to SHUT. THE FUCK. UP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom