• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT16| - I'm blacker than you'll ever be

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dave Chapelle is a dumbass. Full stop. No excuses. Just stupid as shit down to his draws.

But I been knowin that. And I been appreciating his art.

GOD, I just wish all my faves would just shut the fuck up sometimes. You don't NEED to have an opinion all the damn time. Especially an opinion you know is fucking stupid. Dave KNOWS he has black gay fans. He KNOWS he has black female fans. HE SHOULD KNOW how offensive that bullshit he just said is. But he really thinks he's got a fresh-off-the-presses type of opinion.

GAH. Just shut the fuck up!

First is Jill Scott defending Bill Cosby.

Then it was Erykah Bodu with her Hotep shit.

Then Trick Daddy. NOT TRICK DADDY. Trick Daddy tried to put you lousy niggas on to the glory of eating ass. But then he had to fuck up and say some dumb shit about black women.

And now Dave Chappelle with his ol stupid ass.

I need my faves to SHUT. THE FUCK. UP.

I feel the same way. Which is why I just try to ignore their voice and appreciate their art. But it doesn't help when you're 100% aware. It doesn't help when you're woke and you see these other representative black folk in mainstream media conforming to the white senses so they can get a "You're one of the good ones." pat on the back. And the average poc gets the "Why are the rest of you people complaining then?" retort from white folk.

Trick luh da kids
dude-loves-wings.gif

Kelsdesu

Dave Chapelle is a dumbass. Full stop. No excuses. Just stupid as shit down to his draws.

GOD, I just wish all my faves would just shut the fuck up sometimes. You don't NEED to have an opinion all the damn time. Especially an opinion you know is fucking stupid. Dave KNOWS he has black gay fans. He KNOWS he has black female fans. HE SHOULD KNOW how offensive that bullshit he just said is. But he really thinks he's got a fresh-off-the-presses type of opinion.

Then it was Erykah Bodu with her Hotep shit.

Then Trick Daddy. NOT TRICK DADDY. Trick Daddy tried to put you lousy niggas on to the glory of eating ass. But then he had to fuck up and say some dumb shit about black women.

There a link for the Erykah Badu shit?

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"

Then it was Erykah Badu with her Hotep shit.

You actually took anything trick daddy said with a grain of salt?

Ross61

A part of black twitter is arguing over this reddit r/legal advice post about a supposed man who convinced this women to keep a pregnancy only for her to soon leave and now he wants her back in the childs life. While reading through this and the comments that are roasting him, I'm now becoming more convinced that this is a well executed troll. And everyone breaking it down in the comments are making it more clear too me that this is successful troll. I do have some thoughts on this and the comments tho.

Man, I always wanted to watch Dave Chappelle's stuff since I haven't seen but a couple skits of his, and now I don't know if I want to anymore. :/

I've have seen news about a New Jersey woman swinging on a man and then being hit back which led her to being in a coma on almost every forum but here. Don't know the backstory , something could of happened off screen and before hand .

Just wondering why no one has posted it , would be a good discussion.

I've have seen news about a New Jersey woman swinging on a man and then being hit back which led her to being in a coma on almost every forum but here. Don't know the backstory , something could of happened off screen and before hand .

Just wondering why no one has posted it , would be a good discussion.

A discussion on why men shouldn't hit women or on why women shouldn't hit men? Conversation goes one way..

Johndoey

Banned
Conway is pretty much fracturing on State of the Union. Barely keeping up with the talking points.
---
Weld isn't even beating around the bush anymore when it comes to supporting Clinton.

hbCEJ6N.jpg

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Is there a vid or audio?

That's the problem. There was none, but this is the comedian who talked about fucking chimps and orangutans. Children being molested or abducted. Rape jokes, and extended stereotypes to all races and genders. Drug addiction. Breaking the law. Defended bill cosby, and told poor kids to play basketball or sell crack to get out of the hood. But nobody had a problem with it then. Because it was all taken into context of jokes. Hell, this last paragraph sounds like I'm defending all those things if you take it out of context.

I'm not about to burn this man on the stake because of some text I read in this overly sensitive and offended time we live in. Who knows how the author wanted to depict him as or what agenda he/she has.

Sorry but I'm good. In every interview of Dave I've seen there is a definite difference between the comedian and the man.

Kreed

Doctor Strange was good. I don't know how I'd rank it, but it was at least Ant Man tier.

Man, I always wanted to watch Dave Chappelle's stuff since I haven't seen but a couple skits of his, and now I don't know if I want to anymore. :/

Check out this thread on GAF from 2013 reacting to a story from TMZ on Dave Chappelle having a "racist rant", back when you could sneak cell phones into Dave Chappelle's shows.

Read the OP and the highlights from the article, and then listen to the 4 minute audio in the same OP. If you find it offensive, you should probably skip Dave Chappelle stuff. If you're like me going "Ok, that joke came off a lot different than how TMZ described it", I'd say give Chappelle a chance, because if there's one thing I've learned from articles criticizing comedians and comedy shows, whether it's Al Sharpton blasting the Boondocks for being disrespectful to Martin Luther King's legacy while admitting he had never actually watched the cartoon at the time, or the link I just sent you, you just never know how different a joke may come off to you personally when you actually see and hear it in it's context as opposed to getting the story second hand from someone and having to use your imagination.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Doctor Strange was good. I don't know how I'd rank it, but it was at least Ant Man tier.

Check out this thread on GAF from 2013 reacting to a story from TMZ on Dave Chappelle having a "racist rant", back when you could sneak cell phones into Dave Chappelle's shows.

Read the OP and the highlights from the article, and then listen to the 4 minute audio in the same OP. If you find it offensive, you should probably skip Dave Chappelle stuff. If you're like me going "Ok, that joke came off a lot different than how TMZ described it", I'd say give Chappelle a chance, because if there's one thing I've learned from articles criticizing comedians and comedy shows, whether it's Al Sharpton blasting the Boondocks for being disrespectful to Martin Luther King's legacy while admitting he had never actually watched the cartoon at the time, or the link I just sent you, you just never know how different a joke may come off to you personally when you actually see and hear it in it's context as opposed to getting the story second hand from someone and having to use your imagination.
Agreed on both statements.

Strange was good, and I think the chappelle stuff is being overblown without context.

andthebeatgoeson

I'm assuming it was a comedy bit that doesn't translate well onto text but i won't cape for him.

Or cape for him until i see some video. And probably not cape but side eye.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom