• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT16| - I'm blacker than you'll ever be

Status
Not open for further replies.

vonStirlitz

Unconfirmed Member
I am seeing George Clinton & Parliament tomorrow. So f'kin amped.

Dude has been sampled by just about everyone, most famously in Dre's Let Me Ride, and he was at the forefront of that uber strange Afrofuturism movement (if you can even call it a movement - and not that it was ever called Afrofuturism until recently). All UFOs and Egyptian mythology, mixed with an insane amount of funk.

D i Z

Any of y'all ever play Dishonored?

I'm trying to figure out why it isn't doing anything for me. It has a reputation as the best thing since sliced bread, but I keep starting it and then losing interest.

Good for a while, but extremely overrated. It's got style, but the world building is not what people would lead first timers to believe. Still better than Thief, so that might be one reason why people held it up so high. It's one of those games though where the dlc makes the game better.

Sch1sm

The Jason Bourne movies was loosely based on Shy

Several iterations later, they finally settled on Project Shy. The lean, mean, fighting machine with a gentlemanly streak?

I'm trying to figure out why it isn't doing anything for me. It has a reputation as the best thing since sliced bread, but I keep starting it and then losing interest.

Eh. It's not for everyone. I enjoyed it in a stealth play run.

Slayven

Several iterations later, they finally settled on Project Shy. The lean, mean, fighting machine with a gentlemanly streak?

Eh. It's not for everyone. I enjoyed it in a stealth play run.

The Jeremy Renner version no one saw was based on Jandro

Numb

She's fine, back of her car is fucked. Shit briefly scared me, since my brother in laws mother was killed around this time nine years ago by a drunk driver.

But since it was a cop, I'm hoping she gets broke off something proper for fucking up her vehicle.

That's good to hear

Mizerman

She's fine, back of her car is fucked. Shit briefly scared me, since my brother in laws mother was killed around this time nine years ago by a drunk driver.

But since it was a cop, I'm hoping she gets broke off something proper for fucking up her vehicle.

Glad your moms is okay, bro.

I played Dishonored. It's a pretty fun game to play, powers to use at your disposal but to get the good ending you have to get rid of them non violently, which leads to the targets getting "taken out" in different ways. But yeah, fun game.

hope y'all had a great Thanksgiving!

everyone loved the Jerk Turkey i made!
OdnYzKw.jpg

DAT PLATE

also got this. Target x GameStop.

Zekes!

I enjoy Dishonoured quite a bit. Got pretty late into the game but never finished it. Plan on eventually getting around to picking up the sequel when it drops in price. I wouldn't call it the best thing since sliced bread, but there's a certain satisfaction I get from playing it

My projector was on when I got home from work. I know damn well it was off when I left last night because the standby is a blue screen projected out. Maybe it knows I bought a new tv last night and its trying to make me feel guilty about it.

mr jones

Ethnicity is not a race!
Sup y'all.

Want to play Gears 4 for that double XP. Meanwhile my avatar is bored, and wants someone to play with him.

This father stuff is real.

Enzom21

I made it about 10 minutes in. Boring, boring boring.

I had the same issue with it. It sat in my Steam library for a year after I bought and played it for 10mins. It's a slow burn like The Wire. You need to give it a chance to ramp up.

I think breeding in Sun did my circle pad on my 3DS in lol.
I was playing Animal Crossing this morning and now my character sometimes move down in his own.

Malyse

CyM0MG8XcAAJ1JU.jpg

• Logan; 97 days
  • Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2; 160 days
  • Wonder Woman; 188 days
  • Spider-Man: Homecoming; 223 days
  • Untitled Fox/Marvel movie; 314 days
  • Thor: Ragnarok; 342 days
  • Justice League; 356 days
  • Untitled Fox/Marvel movie; 412 days
  • Black Panther; 447 days
  • Avengers: Infinity War; 524 days
  • Ant-Man and the Wasp; 587 days
  • Aquaman; 608 days
  • Untitled DC movie; 678 days
  • Untitled Fox/Marvel movie; 706 days
  • Untitled Fox/Marvel movie; 810 days
  • Captain Marvel; 832 days
  • Shazam; 860 days
  • Untitled Avengers movie; 888 days
  • Justice League 2; 930 days
  • Untitled DC movie; 1070 days
  • Cyborg; 1224 days
  • Untitled Marvel movie; 1252 days
  • Untitled Marvel movie; 1322 days
  • Green Lantern Corps; 1336 days
  • Untitled Marvel movie; 1441 days
  • Deadpool 2; TBD
  • Deadpool 3; TBD
  • Gambit; TBD
  • New Mutants; TBD
  • Suicide Squad 2; TBD
  • The Batman; TBD
  • The Flash; TBD
  • Untitled Harley Quinn movie; TBD
  • Booster Gold/Blue Beetle team-up; TBD

So I was fortunate enough to get ahold of a game before release. How do I go about not getting banned from my account so I can play this?

Edit - Nvm someone on my friends list is already playing

//Rogue One

• Logan; 97 days
  • Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2; 160 days
  • Wonder Woman; 188 days
  • Spider-Man: Homecoming; 223 days
  • Untitled Fox/Marvel movie; 314 days
  • Thor: Ragnarok; 342 days
  • Justice League; 356 days
  • Untitled Fox/Marvel movie; 412 days
  • Black Panther; 447 days
  • Avengers: Infinity War; 524 days
  • Ant-Man and the Wasp; 587 days
  • Aquaman; 608 days
  • Untitled DC movie; 678 days
  • Untitled Fox/Marvel movie; 706 days
  • Untitled Fox/Marvel movie; 810 days
  • Captain Marvel; 832 days
  • Shazam; 860 days
  • Untitled Avengers movie; 888 days
  • Justice League 2; 930 days
  • Untitled DC movie; 1070 days
  • Cyborg; 1224 days
  • Untitled Marvel movie; 1252 days
  • Untitled Marvel movie; 1322 days
  • Green Lantern Corps; 1336 days
  • Untitled Marvel movie; 1441 days
  • Deadpool 2; TBD
  • Deadpool 3; TBD
  • Gambit; TBD
  • New Mutants; TBD
  • Suicide Squad 2; TBD
  • The Batman; TBD
  • The Flash; TBD
  • Untitled Harley Quinn movie; TBD
  • Booster Gold/Blue Beetle team-up; TBD

So much of this list is garbage, though. :(

You could totally cut it down by half just due to the unannounced projects.

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
I had the same issue with it. It sat in my Steam library for a year after I bought and played it for 10mins. It's a slow burn like The Wire. You need to give it a chance to ramp up.
I think I tried starting it three or four times, the only thing that has stayed with me was this little half hidden room with a bedroll, canned food, a fire pit, tea pot and writing on the wall. I found that and thought it was a fun little mysterious thing to find, but the rest of the game never did anything for me.

I remember the game making a big deal about "you can use a gun or a sword!" The problem was that neither one was fun to use. The truth is, that game sitting on my shelf urged me to sell a bunch of games for only the second time in my life. I knew I was never going to play it again and I didn't want to look at it any more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom