• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT17| - Thanks, Obama

Status
Not open for further replies.

Village

That is why i like sonic fans, there is always a Silver Lining
1177447-silver_the_hedgehog__mario_and_sonic_at_the_olympic_winter_games_.jpg

Those games make me wish those games were focused on one sport

I would buy the shit out of sonic and mario 3 on 3 basketball.

Chaos Control Za warudo time stop dunks

I'm hoping BCT can share some life wisdom with us young ones here.

How much do you guys spend on groceries a week? And how do you best stretch your dollar?

Village

ZA WARUDO!! ITS ON FIRE!!

VILLAGE WHY YOU HAD TO SAY SOMETHING ABOUT THIS?! I WANT THIS SO BADLY NOW!!

HOW MANY DUNKS CAN YOU DO IN THE STOPPED TIME \!!

Uq7zzWr.jpg

Get Rosalina, She warps space so she can dunk metoers and planets and shit

( One of my goals is to make an anime inspired hyper basketball game at some point in my life)

Slayven

How much do you guys spend on groceries a week? And how do you best stretch your dollar?

Stay watching sales and coupons.

Chicken breasts are your friend.

Buy in bulk, ain't no shame.

Cook for the left overs, nothing wrong with making a meal stretch 2 days.

Shop in the morning that is when they put out the good sale meat, don't feel bad for stiff arming an old lady

HOW MANY DUNKS CAN YOU DO IN THE STOPPED TIME !!

Uq7zzWr.jpg

Get Rosalina, She warps space so she can dunk metoers and planets and shit

( One of my goals is to make an anime inspired hyper basketball game at some point in my life)

My god that sounds amazing. Make it NBA jam anime style and I'll throw all money at it.

Numb

Oatmeal breakfast is cheap, easy and tasty. Wouldn't have anything else
4 bucks for 4kgs and that's breakfast for a whole month!

The Adder

Banned
I remember the days when you would name drop someone in this thread and they'd come in here to continue their bad arguments. I guess now that they have their grown ass man-child cubby hole to have one sided arguments among themselves.

Nah, that's not what happened here. What happened here is that he knows. There's nothing he can say. No argument to continue. He already lost and he's hoping folks forget. He's reading this right now and fuming.

$150 every two weeks.

Buy in bulk, if you've got a wholesaler near you, get a membership.

Freeze any meat you don't use within a few days, ain't no shame on thawing it as long as you cook properly.

Look into alternative proteins for meals, kidney beans are your friends.

Spices, hit everythibg with the spice.

If you buy fruit and veggies, buy them underripe, you can soften them if you're cooking with them and they last you longer.

Find a butcher, these people will hook you up with cheap meat and, more important, bones that you can use as a sauce base to add flavor to meat sauces.

No shame in leftovers, no shame in cooking a lot and eating a little. And it's important to plan out your weekly meal schedule around what you can pick up cheap and with deals if you're trying to stretch it that way.

And buy a $20 bag of rice, with some spices even white rice can pop if you flavor that shit.

Edit: and unless it is a five pound bag of frozen veggies, avoid that aisle like the plague, they upcharge like a motherfucker for shit you can make cheaper and in larger quantities to taste with the raw ingredients

And get skin on chicken it's like two dollars cheaper per pound.

Numb

Which oatmeal brand you use?

Wait this is a thing??

Left is Rolled oats the crunchy taste gives you something to chew. I like it better
Right is Instant Oats when you want to have something like porridge
Both extra fiber ofcourse
Don't know if they got these brands where you live tho

I also buy all my milk at once.
Hate going to the the store every other day

Finna eat good. Enjoy that Bojangles, hoe..

$150 every two weeks.

Buy in bulk, if you've got a wholesaler near you, get a membership.

Freeze any meat you don't use within a few days, ain't no shame on thawing it as long as you cook properly.

Look into alternative proteins for meals, kidney beans are your friends.

Spices, hit everythibg with the spice.

If you buy fruit and veggies, buy them underripe, you can soften them if you're cooking with them and they last you longer.

Find a butcher, these people will hook you up with cheap meat and, more important, bones that you can use as a sauce base to add flavor to meat sauces.

No shame in leftovers, no shame in cooking a lot and eating a little. And it's important to plan out your weekly meal schedule around what you can pick up cheap and with deals if you're trying to stretch it that way.

And buy a $20 bag of rice, with some spices even white rice can pop if you flavor that shit.

Edit: and unless it is a five pound bag of frozen veggies, avoid that aisle like the plague, they upcharge like a motherfucker for shit you can make cheaper and in larger quantities to taste with the raw ingredients

And get skin on chicken it's like two dollars cheaper per pound.

Shit..this how I'm living. Everything here is correct.

$150 every two weeks.
[tips]
150 for two weeks?!? I want to live like you my friend. I need to get my grocery spending under control.

Thanks for the tips also. I never add spices to my white rice since I'm normally focus on preparing the protein portion of the meal. Do you make your rice with a rice cooker, microwave, or stove top? And do you add the spices during the cooking, before, or after?

Wife been hounding me for some good steaks lol..was like "Fine, but I'm drinking me some wine.."

Bourgeoisie Brother
Left is Rolled oats the crunchy taste gives you something to chew. I like it better
Right is Instant Oats when you want to have something like porridge
Both extra fiber ofcourse
Don't know if they got these brands where you live tho

I also buy all my milk at once.
Hate going to the the store every other day

I'm not familiar with the brands but still thanks for sharing. Right now I throw oats in my protein morning shake but I hate the taste of it (very bitter) so I want to try a new and cheaper brand.

The key is even if it's a little out the way to figure out what places you can get the most from for the least money. Even if you need to hit up a few spots. Try out new stores, wander a bit, look up even local joints around that offer deals and you can cut so much money from your budget it's not even funny. I get 22 bags of stuff for just around $150 every time I make a trip.

Rice is tricky, the way I've always done it is if it's stove top, get some bullion cubes to make some stock before you even add the rice (and add some onions or garlic to it and cook em a little if you want that), then once you've added howuch rice you want, you season the water with whatever spices you want JUST before you start steaming it

A rice cooker you do the same just without the stock first. Just season the water so it costs the rice as it cools down and lfuffs out.

Numb

Finna eat good. Enjoy that Bojangles, hoe..
Damn
I'm about to make this pizza and nuggets meal
You know the the recipe i'm talking bout!
I'm not familiar with the brands but still thanks for sharing. Right now I throw oats in my protein morning shake but I hate the taste of it (very bitter) so I want to try a new and cheaper brand.

I do the same
The Whey protein adds the flavor. Banana or strawberry making it seem you are having icecream for breakfast ;_;
Don't throw it in a shake and just mix them in a bowl with milk and honey

The key is even if it's a little out the way to figure out what places you can get the most from for the least money. Even if you need to hit up a few spots. Try out new stores, wander a bit, look up even local joints around that offer deals and you can cut so much money from your budget it's not even funny. I get 22 bags of stuff for just around $150 every time I make a trip.

Rice is tricky, the way I've always done it is if it's stove top, get some bullion cubes to make some stock before you even add the rice (and add some onions or garlic to it and cook em a little if you want that), then once you've added howuch rice you want, you season the water with whatever spices you want JUST before you start steaming it

A rice cooker you do the same just without the stock first. Just season the water so it costs the rice as it cools down and lfuffs out.

Again, all good advice. Rice cooker cost under twenty bones..no fuss way to go about it. If you're fortunate enough to have an Aldi near by, congrats..you just found your spot for fresh locally grown fruits and veggies + tons of other shit at 1/3 or less the price of a regular supermarket.

Costco membership also helps. If you've got one relatively close, invest in the Executive Membership. You get a nice check at the end of the year the more you shop there ($700 being the most).

Slayven

http://i.imgur.com/NcAzUBwh.jpg/img]

Added some soy sauce, so you can get your little Asian loving dinky hard.

Now then..

[img]http://iruntheinternet.com/lulzdump/images/gifs/fifth-element-chris-tucker-bzzz-bzzzzz-bzzzzzzz-1366999005t.gif?id=/img][/QUOTE]The soy saunce is low sodium because you add all the salt

[quote="4 is a cutie, post: 230101673"]Star Vs the Forces of Evil[/QUOTE]
Good show
[quote="Alligatorjandro, post: 230101863"]Horse steaks[/QUOTE]

Damn Jandro off the top rope

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom