• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT17| - Thanks, Obama

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty soon, we gonna need a BCT Wrestlemania

I always come out last.

Qqric.jpg

royalan

So, I've been busy out here in these streets. You know, hustling, getting this paper, shining, prospering, getting mine (AND a little bit of yours)...

Did I hear something today about some black Republican senator being mad that some people called him a house negro? Or did I imagine that?

So, I've been busy out here in these streets. You know, hustling, getting this paper, shining, prospering, getting mine (AND a little bit of yours)...

Did I hear something today about some black Republican senator being mad that some people called him a house negro? Or did I imagine that?
Nah that happened. Fuckery ensued.

Mizerman

Oh, it happened. It damn sure happened.

Did you see the thread on it that 100% totally wasn't an absolute shit show?.

It's always refreshing to see posters who you normally couldn't pay to give a fuck about anti-black racism come out to support the Stacey Dashes and Tim Scotts of the world

So sincere

I did not. And thank god I didn't...

I don't know how I feel about that. Well, I mean, I DO know how I feel about it. I suppose I don't know how to politely state how I feel about that.

It totally wasn't made by someone whose only purpose on making it was to imply the left are just as racist as the right :) :| :( :'( ><

So uh, there's a chance I might be doing player support for LoL. Possibly. Phone interview went ok, just need to see if I can get an in-person interview.

I guess you tried to say "No, but i keep trying"? Which will translate better as "No, pero sigo intentando"

Keep trying, don't despair. Te deseo lo mejor.

Damn, you had to expose my lack of skill. I feel I should be a lot better since I took like 13 Spanish classes. I'll keep trying. I need to try and speak with more Spanish speakers. Last week I went into a Mexican bakery and tried to communicate. I said to the cashier, "Cuantos por un cafe?" she didn't understand so I just said in English "How much for the coffee?".

When I went to pay for my stuff I said "Tu lindo. Como te llamos?". She answered with her name and then asked me where I was from, but she was talking fast and I didn't quite get it and said "Mi nombre es (my name)", but she said "no, de donde eres" and I replied "aqui".

I tried to continue the conversation in English since I'm scrappy and know so little and she interrupted with something. I heard pequeno and Ingles and I repeated "un Pequeno?" and she said "Muy pequeno". Right then I was struggling to say something else and it was getting awkward so I just said "Adios" and left.

My grandma would always clown me because she came from Mexico and I can't even form a sentence in Spanish. I can understand some when spoken, but das it.

royalan

It totally wasn't made by someone whose only purpose on making it was to imply the left are just as racist as the right :) :| :( :'( ><

Oh, I bet.

It's...a strange duality. I mean, if white people were flinging that insult at him (and I'm sure many were), well fuck them.

But I can't pretend that if I were to go to my family and ask them, "Yo fam, what do y'all think about Tim Scott?" that I wouldn't get House Negro and a lot more than that.

And while I suppose in a way that is racist, I also can't reconcile that with the honest belief that there is no longer a compelling argument for a black conservative to also be Republican. Black people can be conservative. I know lots of black conservatives. But Republicans?

There is no longer any fucking debate: the Republican party is a white supremacist party.

How do you reconcile being a black conservative with being a member of a party that demonstrably has not stood for true conservative principles in decades?

How do you reconcile being a black conservative with being a member of a party who has made one of their pillars the further marginalization of you and people like you? And have only gotten more blatant?

And if you can reconcile that, what does that make you?

Oh, I bet.

It's...a strange duality. I mean, if white people were flinging that insult at him (and I'm sure many were), well fuck them.

But I can't pretend that if I were to go to my family and ask them, "Yo fam, what do y'all think about Tim Scott?" that I wouldn't get House Negro and a lot more than that.

And while I suppose in a way that is racist, I also can't reconcile that with the honest belief that there is no longer a compelling argument for a black conservative to also be Republican. Black people can be conservative. I know lots of black conservatives. But Republicans?

There is no longer any fucking debate: the Republican party is a white supremacist party.

How do you reconcile being a black conservative with being a member of a party that demonstrably has not stood for true conservative principles in decades?

How do you reconcile being a black conservative with being a member of a party who has made one of their pillars the further marginalization of you and people like you? And have only gotten more blatant?

And if you can reconcile that, what does that make you?

Totally...

It's why as a white person I'd never use the phrase but I sure as shit am not going to call black folk using it racist.

Dai101

Banned
Damn, you had to expose my lack of skill. I feel I should be a lot better since I took like 13 Spanish classes. I'll keep trying. I need to try and speak with more Spanish speakers. Last week I went into a Mexican bakery and tried to communicate. I said to the cashier, "Cuantos por un cafe?" she didn't understand so I just said in English "How much for the coffee?".

When I went to pay for my stuff I said "Tu lindo. Como te llamos?". She answered with her name and then asked me where I was from, but she was talking fast and I didn't quite get it and said "Mi nombre es (my name)", but she said "no, de donde eres" and I replied "aqui".

I tried to continue the conversation in English since I'm scrappy and know so little and she interrupted with something. I heard pequeno and Ingles and I repeated "un Pequeno?" and she said "Muy pequeno". Right then I was struggling to say something else and it was getting awkward so I just said "Adios" and left.

Sorry. It wasn't my intention really.

But is ok, you have the basis of the language just need to practice and polish it. Suerte ;-)

Sorry. It wasn't my intention really.

But is ok, you have the basis of the language just need to practice and polish it. Suerte ;-)

Why so serious? I was just playing. I don't really care that you put me on blast. Well actually I do because I did learn something from being corrected.

I do live across from a Mexican family. I might try and talk to them more and in Spanish.

Johndoey

Banned
For Honor is pretty good. Dancing around two other players while they try to tag you is great, as is blindsiding people with a dash. The fact your character is eight feet tall makes it even better.

Dai101

Banned
Why so serious? I was just playing. I don't really care that you put me on blast. Well actually I do because I did learn something from being corrected.

I do live across from a Mexican family. I might try and talk to them more and in Spanish.

Something i got from Shy i guess, that wasn't a shiv to the gut.

That's good to hear. Greet them in my behalf and that i sent them my best wishes and Mexico is still with them. Practice, specially spoken is the best with a language like spanish.

D i Z

I've died at least 20 times on this boat demon boss in Nioh

Shit is difficult

Been there for two days
&#55357;&#56850;

That chain and sickle doe!!!!!!

Try going without locking on if you have been so far. It'll give you a lot of freedom of movement, and the area is small enough that you can blind strike towards him conservatively and usually get a hit in. But don't get greedy with strikes. Get in a out and stay on your heals.

edit:

So uh, there's a chance I might be doing player support for LoL. Possibly. Phone interview went ok, just need to see if I can get an in-person interview.

Good luck on this.

Try going without locking on if you have been so far. It'll give you a lot of freedom of movement, and the area is small enough that you can blind strike towards him conservatively and usually get a hit in. But don't get greedy with strikes. Get in a out and stay on your heals.

Ping the horns with arrows too. It'll stun him if you do enough damage.

D i Z

Ping the horns with arrows too. It'll stun him if you do enough damage.

Yeah I would take out his horns in pre-release, but didn't go for it this time. Just didn't feel like f'ing around with him.
So far the game has been way easier that the other times I've played. I assume that the Twilight levels will be more like what we've seen before.
That said about it being easier though, it feels like the bosses hit a little harder. And I'm just waiting for that f you moment when they dupe me into thinking I'm the shit, and then proceed to stomp me for 20 straight encounters.

For Honor is good. Excellent, even. I can see it being crazy frustrating when it turns into a gankfest though.

Izuna

Banned
I've had to play a lot of For Honor, and honestly, the only fun I had were in the 1v1s. So much that I don't bother loading up the public Alpha/Betas

Though someone is buying it and I got their account as My Home Xbox so, if I get super bored I can play what should have been Ryse 2

Don't sleep on NiOh people

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom