• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT17| - Thanks, Obama

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's been a while since I've done this.

Where you're from - Mohawk Valley New York
Where you live - Mohawk Valley New York
What is your age? - 30
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy - Caucasian Mother, Black Father
Do you know your roots - On my mother's side
Favorite musical genre - hard rock, classic rock, metal
Your profession/major/career interest - ?????? I got nothing
Your religious affiliation - none
Hobbies - video games, reading
KFC, Popeye's, Churches, or Bojangles? - This is meaningless where I live, it's a fried chicken desert here
Marvel or DC? - DC
Favorite superhero? - Superman
Anime or Nah? - nope
Favorite sport and team? - NFL, New York Giants
What's your favorite Disney movie? - I don't have one
What's your favorite video game and genre? - EDF EDF EDF!!!!!!, FPS
Likes EDF, but doesn't watch anime...
Mark-Wahlberg-Shock-and-Confused-Look.gif

Late to the spades talk but I also never played that.

But Dominoes? Now that I can fuck with even though it's Mario Kart for the non-gaming old Haitians.

Put me in this camp as well

It's been a while since I've done this.

Where you're from - Mohawk Valley New York
Where you live - Mohawk Valley New York
What is your age? - 30
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy - Caucasian Mother, Black Father
Do you know your roots - On my mother's side
Favorite musical genre - hard rock, classic rock, metal
Your profession/major/career interest - ?????? I got nothing
Your religious affiliation - none
Hobbies - video games, reading
KFC, Popeye's, Churches, or Bojangles? - This is meaningless where I live, it's a fried chicken desert here
Marvel or DC? - DC
Favorite superhero? - Superman
Anime or Nah? - nope
Favorite sport and team? - NFL, New York Giants
What's your favorite Disney movie? - I don't have one
What's your favorite video game and genre? - EDF EDF EDF!!!!!!, FPS

Giants huh, thoughts on OBJ?

JeanGrey

Good morning BCT

I came in with greetings and love.

Been catching up on the grapevine and dam a was little sad well alot sad.Glad we aired out the house it was a bit stuffy up in here.

Fuck her. Fuck her for essentially killing Emmet Till. Fuck her for taking all this damn time to confess, even though we all know she lied. Fuck her for prospering all this time. And Fuck her for making it difficult for the actual victims of rape when the perpetrator is black (see Cosby, Nate Parker, R Kelly, etc).

Nope. Not in my bedroom. You can take that fantasy and shove it up your ass.

PREACH ON !!!

On both though it doesn't surprise me that Slay would like to be called "moon cricket" in bed lol 😂😂😂

Oh and HELL ya SHY will **** you up, then say sorry for it. I'm still recovering from my last encounter. 😊

Alright said my two cents gonna back to being inconito but before I go be happy and stay safe. xoxo

Dune.
I used to love it back in the day (Dragonball, Sailor Moon, Gundam, etc.) then I just kinda fell off.

He will be the best thing the Giants have when Eli is gone in two years.
Well if you like old school anime, may I recommend Jojo's Bizarre Adventure? Old school shobem with interesting twists.
RY1PilP.gif

Y'all really want to scare away the female posters

shingi70

Banned
So parent gaf how do you guys explain to your kid, that to many if not all of the institutions in the us that your essentially still a second class citizens.

I don't have kids myself, but whenever me and my girlfriend talk about having kids it's something that depresses me.

Just watched moonlight. I'm conflicted. I think its somewhat overrated. And one of those By us, but not for us movies. It could have easily been replaced with white people in poverty and had the same effect for me.

Great acting and camera work though.

The film seemed to be centered on the idea of black masculinity as a "performance" so, I think I Moonlight is very much an inherently black film.

The concept of the "black male" is such a specific concept, that I think what makes this film special would be lost with an all white cast.

One thing about the film did disappoint me though...

Mahershala Ali is in the movie for like five minutes then he's just abruptly killed off screen.

Sch1sm

Viktor is a damn liar.

Thanks. I was worried it might be too subtle, but it ain't that hard to google the meaning.

Waiting for the reactions to it come thread time. I think it's apt, especially in the context of the thread. And for anyone else who isn't, y'know, your straight, white male living in middle class or more life. Subtle enough people might not even notice unless they're looking for it.

soanywaylogo-2013-black.png

I just found out what Twitter looks like when you don't sign on. "What's Happening?" indeed.

Also, does anyone else here do music as a hobby? I'm interested to hear how often you guys partake in it. I don't have much time to do it anymore.

For those that are on a New Edition kick following the mini series

Spotify added the Expanded Versions of 'New Edition' , 'All For Love', 'Heart Break' and 'Home Again'

Plus of course, the BBD album is out too. Which isn't bad, not touching 'Poison' but is much better than their last two albums nobody talks about

Malyse

So.

I wanna make a thread about how a series with 1000 year old dragons that look and act like prepubescent children, marriages that result in instant time traveling adult offspring, and characters that literally hop in your game from different parts of the franchise somehow still finds a gay couple that results in a child breaking suspension of disbelief. You mean to tell me in a game where the main character literally turns into a goddamn dragon to fight another dude that also turns into a goddamn dragon, a child born of two of the same sex is a bridge too far?

But I'm 10000% certain that I know how that thread goes down. And let's not even start with how there are no black people in this fantasy realm. "But it's made in Japan" motherfucker Nintendo knows blacks exist. Look at Pokémon, ffs.

Also, my phone autocorrects Pokémon with the accent and everything. GJ apple.

I'm referring to Fire Emblem btw. I just remembered that some people might not have excellent taste in games.

So.

I wanna make a thread about how a series with 1000 year old dragons that look and act like prepubescent children, marriages that result in instant time traveling adult offspring, and characters that literally hop in your game from different parts of the franchise somehow still finds a gay couple that results in a child breaking suspension of disbelief. You mean to tell me in a game where the main character literally turns into a goddamn dragon to fight another dude that also turns into a goddamn dragon, a child born of two of the same sex is a bridge too far?

But I'm 10000% certain that I know how that thread goes down. And let's not even start with how there are no black people in this fantasy realm. "But it's made in Japan" motherfucker Nintendo knows blacks exist. Look at Pokémon, ffs.

Also, my phone autocorrects Pokémon with the accent and everything. GJ apple.

I'm referring to Fire Emblem btw. I just remembered that some people might not have excellent taste in games.
That shit pissed me off. Y'all ain't got nooooooo problem with Loli dragons or Loki's with giant tits, but two men having a time traveling baby, THATS where you draw the line? Come on, the game is designed for the kids to be based on the dad's anyway.

Also fuck you Nintendo release the special edition more I ain't t paying $200 for it off a scalper.

Malyse

This has to stop. We represent the best and brightest of GAF yet some of us still use 50ppp.

Everyday we stray further from god's light
Know what doe? Avoiding floppy dicks is a good reason to 50ppp.
That shit pissed me off. Y'all ain't got nooooooo problem with Loli dragons or Loki's with giant tits, but two men having a time traveling baby, THATS where you draw the line? Come on, the game is designed for the kids to be based on the dad's anyway.

Also fuck you Nintendo release the special edition more I ain't t paying $200 for it off a scalper.

I buy FE digital, cause I think that in some parallel universe I'd actually replay it. Plus there's them gold points.

Also, there's no way in the world I think that Camilla is even slightly straight in a Fem!Corrin Conquest. There's a lot of characters that should be bisexual in Fates especially.

Johndoey

Banned
Monthly reminder if you have even the slightest interest in narrative focused games Kentucky Route Zero is an absolute must. And the soundtracks for the different Acts are available on Bandcamp.

Sch1sm

Monthly reminder if you have even the slightest interest in narrative focused games Kentucky Route Zero is an absolute must. And the soundtracks for the different Acts are available on Bandcamp.

@ me when Act V releases, I refuse to play it before then aside from the first two acts that I already completed.

Johndoey

Banned
Alright made it. Back to anime and fanfiction talk.

@ me when Act V releases, I refuse to play it before then aside from the first two acts that I already completed.

I can understand that. I'm just hoping we'll get Act V before 2018 rolls around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom