• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT17| - Thanks, Obama

Status
Not open for further replies.
The place I reserved for Valentine's Day emailed me saying they are having a prefixed menu that costs $150 per person.

Lmao my girl looked at that email and bought a cooking book we had on our waitlist through Amazon. Romantic dinner in this year.

Best not make her mad bruh lol. Keep her as long as you can.

Thank fuck I ain't gotta make plans this year, too broke for that nonsense.

Izuna

Banned
The place I reserved for Valentine's Day emailed me saying they are having a prefixed menu that costs $150 per person.

Lmao my girl looked at that email and bought a cooking book we had on our waitlist through Amazon. Romantic dinner in this year.

Seriously, fuck eating out on V.Day.

Seriously, fuck eating out on V.Day.

Man I hate it every year. It's cool that there is a day to show appreciation to a significant other but the expected costs is ridiculous.

What book?
The Food Lab: Better Home Cooking Through Science

It's a really good book (I bought the ebook for ease). I'm hoping to make his beer battered cod this week.
Best not make her mad bruh lol. Keep her as long as you can.

Thank fuck I ain't gotta make plans this year, too broke for that nonsense.

Nah though she's slick. She hit me with, "Well we aren't going out so that means I can get something new at Lululemon soon." But she treats me right so it's aight.

And I know you saving up for that Switch right lol

V Day and Mothers Day gouge the shit out of you if you gotta do some service industry shit. Fuck paying $400 for a god damn dinner and drinks, I can do nicer at home in peace and quiet for $40.

God damn right I'm buying that thing lol, shit's gonna run me like $450 that's 4 months worth of my gaming budget.

Slayven

V Day and Mothers Day gouge the shit out of you if you gotta do some service industry shit. Fuck paying $400 for a god damn dinner and drinks, I can do nicer at home in peace and quiet for $40.

God damn right I'm buying that thing lol, shit's gonna run me like $450 that's 4 months worth of my gaming budget.

New Years too.

450 for games divided by 4 for number of months

raw

We see who's ballin in this thread!

My budget includes one game a month with funds being allowed to roll over

Malyse

Been a while seen I've seen a post booped outta existence.

-----

Fire Emblem Fates is a weirdly tonally frustrating game. Like, on the one hand there's the characters that a gayer than a magical girl anime. Like one girl straight up says she likes girls more than guys. And that's not one of the two bisexual characters. Like, what? The lady who says "I like prefer women" doesn't have any lesbian marriage options? At all? Okaaay. And let's not forget that there is one gay romance in the game and one lesbian romance. Oh and that they are version exclusive. And that pursuing them actively punishes you (gay romance loses two characters, lesbian loses one).

And then on the other side there's Forrest.
He likes to wear dresses and the game is handling him with shocking competence. Here's some Forrest dialogue:
You know I'm not ashamed of the way I dress, [your name]. And I feel I should show that confidence and pride in public. The only way the world will grow more tolerant is to see people like me. ...See us living, loving, and being both our unique selves and quite ordinary. When we're not invisible, we can become part of the pattern—woven into the fabric.

Which seems really progressive?

Nudull

Banned
Nintendo's had a weird history with LGBT tolerance. Birdo, the crossdressing in Animal Crossing, Tomodachi Life, the back and forth goes on.

iavi

Any particular recipe you recommend?

I tried his team's Chic-Fil-A sandwich and it was amazing.

If his grape-tomato pasta sauce is listed in the book, and you dig italian, definitely check that for super quick, super good sauce. My girl and I do that on the regular now since having read about it. It's just quick enough to do after a workday.

If it's not in the book:

http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2016/08/fast-easy-pasta-blistered-cherry-tomato-sauce-recipe.html

My thread was closed, although not entirely unexpected...

Sometimes I feel like threads have a better chance of staying open if the poster makes a Forbes contributor article about the topic, then makes a thread about the article!

Oh well. Plenty of other threads to discuss the same point I suppose

Shy

Good morning BCT
Morning morning.
I came in with greetings and love.

Been catching up on the grapevine and dam a was little sad well alot sad.Glad we aired out the house it was a bit stuffy up in here.
Nah they're still around.
Oh and HELL ya SHY will **** you up, then say sorry for it. I'm still recovering from my last encounter. 😊
LOL. No no.
Alright said my two cents gonna back to being inconito but before I go be happy and stay safe. xoxo
Take care my dear.
Sneak preview of the BHM 2017 logo
TlqMkan.gif

Izuna

Banned
Perfect day, like... perfect lunch, in between with a friend, snack, ice-skating etc. ruined by the fact that Sherlock and Chill ain't happening.

Why? The main burger place can't deliver 5mins outside its radius.

Now I'm here trying to rescue the whole thing after 30mins of disappointment convo with some rando pizza place.

Who I blame for this?

High-maintenance women.

edit: "If this pizza is as good as these reviews are saying, then it's a good thing"... (psst: there are no reviews on this site) don't fail me pizza place

Sounds like you never had real Udon breh

HAHAHAHA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom