• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT17| - Thanks, Obama

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never seen a black man wear a turban before.
You've never seen Shaq's magnum opus "Kazaam" then.
Tomba > Spyro > Crash

FFVII is overrated, but Crash is just mediocre. It's got that same faux edgy appeal that Sonic did in the 90's.
Crash was never edgy, unless your only experience with him were those commercials of him in front of Nintendo with a megaphone.
I was told in here that they were better than Ocarina of time
Because they are. Ocarina ain't shit.

D i Z

b/c when you don't want to make your own shit but still want money you do a slow pivot to do what Valve does, Valve hasn't done shit for the money they make since 2009 if you don't count them basically just "buying" a dude who was solo making a WC3 mod and having him do it for you then paying for the name

Who was that famous game dev that spoke out about MS's walled garden eventually leading us to this very place, and Gaf MS stans laughed him out of the room? MS has been trying to get the middle man money ever since the Kinect was revealed, and further evidenced by the Xbone being built as a middle man pass thru system. They aren't looking to be producers, they want to be a market place.

Numb

You've never seen Shaq's magnum opus "Kazaam" then.

Crash was never edgy, unless your only experience with him were those commercials of him in front of Nintendo with a megaphone.

You should get in contact with them and tell them they should put that on the box

Who was that famous game dev that spoke out about MS's walled garden eventually leading us to this very place, and Gaf MS stans laughed him out of the room? MS has been trying to get the middle man money ever since the Kinect was revealed, and further evidenced by the Xbone being built as a middle man pass thru system. They aren't looking to be producers, they want to be a market place.

Also the windows 10 store. Can't forget that.

Malyse

Seriously Demi, that's cold to throw Crash next to DCEU and call him mediocre. Please. But you got alright gaming taste so I'm gonna let it slide...for now.
I think Crash is average, but not bad. I don't think it's earned the hype that the remake is getting and I think a lot of new players are going to think it's wack (which I will in turn find hilarious because that's the type of petty I am). I think people will compare FF7R unfavorably to FF15 and possibly even FF14 and 13, which would be a goddamn laugh riot.

y5uug.jpg

That being said, neither is a Trump tier trash fire like the DCEU. My only argument is that you can't equate sales to quality, cause people love them some trash.

All that being said, I hope Crash and FF7 stir the original nostalgic feeling you hope they do.

I'm a pragmatically realistic optimist. I want to love everything but I don't let love interfere with my objective view of quality.
Man I wish they'd make a Sandman series or something

IT'S HAPPENING!
Possibly on HBO. I love Gaiman stuff, Stardust is my favorite film.

Malyse

FF7R could be a pile of nonsense and people would still rate it higher than 13 solely based on nostalgia
I mean, FF7 is a pile of nonsense. It's a Final Fantasy game after all.

Did I say Crash was edgy or did I say Crash had a faux edgy appeal?

But the second part of this quote invalidates anything you might say on the matter.
You don't read comics

Sandman is high art

Jandro isn't wrong, TBH.

I think Crash is average, but not bad. I don't think it's earned the hype that the remake is getting and I think a lot of new players are going to think it's wack (which I will in turn find hilarious because that's the type of petty I am). I think people will compare FF7R unfavorably to FF15 and possibly even FF14 and 13, which would be a goddamn laugh riot.

y5uug.jpg

That being said, neither is a Trump tier trash fire like the DCEU. My only argument is that you can't equate sales to quality, cause people love them some trash.

All that being said, I hope Crash and FF7 stir the original nostalgic feeling you hope they do.

I'm a pragmatically realistic optimist. I want to love everything but I don't let love interfere with my objective view of quality.

Then I'm sorry I was being a salty bastard. Crash was a cherished part of my childhood and I love Crash 2 with all my heart, so I guess I flew off the handle a bit. My bad, dude.

*Hugs*

Now Dragon Quest heroes Rocket Slime, I will defend that game to the bitter end. That game was fucking amazing!! You could launch yourself out of a damn tank cannon, fly yourself into the enemy tank and beat the shit out of the enemy tank operators. It was glorious!! GLORIOUS!!

D i Z

FF7R could be a pile of nonsense and people would still rate it higher than 13 solely based on nostalgia

The diff between FF7 remake and Crash is that Crash won't be compared against it's original version like FF7 will. There will be a real vocal response that shouts about the original being better, and a struggle for the fans of the remake to hold ground. FF7 being compared to 13 is the low bar. 15 is the middle that no one will take seriously. 7 vs 7 is the real battleground state.

Numb

I mean, FF7 is a pile of nonsense. It's a Final Fantasy game after all.

But the second part of this quote invalidates anything you might say on the matter.
That's the type of nonsense people love
Talking bout the pile of nonsense people won't touch
and negro, who's the one I forgot that shouldn't be forgotten?

Malyse

I do so look forward to commenting on how 13 is better than 7R. That should be lots of fun.

Actually, I'm concerned that CC Corp is going to do a great job and make a definitive transcendent experience. Unless that leads to a FF6 remake, cause I'm in support of anything that leads to that timeline.
And a goddamn Xeno perfect works remake of Gears, Saga, and Blade.

Numb

The diff between FF7 remake and Crash is that Crash won't be compared against it's original version like FF7 will. There will be a real vocal response that shouts about the original being better, and a struggle for the fans of the remake to hold ground. FF7 being compared to 13 is the low bar. 15 is the middle that no one will take seriously. 7 vs 7 is the real battleground state.
Crash is just to superior huh
If the comparison will be mostly between the 2 version of ff7 then would remake have advantage in alot if areas? PS1 models look like shit. Maybe if it messed up the gameplay..

He never had an edge to him, faux or otherwise. You're just pulling terms out of your ass.

And they may be different genres entirely so I shouldn't compare them, but there's only a few games out there that I'll go out of my way to shit on, and OoT is one of them.

Malyse

and negro, who's the one I forgot that shouldn't be forgotten?
Oh wait that was the other European. You all look the same.
He never had an edge to him, faux or otherwise. You're just pulling terms out of your ass.

And they may be different genres entirely so I shouldn't compare them, but there's only a few games out there that I'll go out of my way to shit on, and OoT is one of them.
I mean, you can keep refusing to read what I actually wrote and say I'm pulling stuff out my ass, or you can realize that having an "edgy appeal" and "having an edge to them" are two disparate concepts. Whatever works best for you.

shingi70

Banned
I'm historically an Xbox Guy but their lack of single player games is really hurting them. It's funny because Recore and Quantum Break were two of my favorite games last year.

I've played Sea of Theives and while it's fun I can't see where you can add a story or at least one that soloable.

They even fucked KI, that Shadowlords mode is actually pretty cool, but playing it is screwy due to the MT F2P elements even in the fully paid version.

D i Z

Crash is just to superior huh
If the comparison will be mostly between the 2 version of ff7 then would remake have advantage in alot if areas? PS1 models look like shit. Maybe if it messed up the gameplay..

The visuals will be the first volley in the offense. But a polished turd is still a turd. I'll wait for the third and more interesting shadow faction to show themselves. That will be the group that swoops in to shit on both versions for it being a bad game that doesn't stand the test of time. The attacks on nostalgia will be bloody and sweet.

---

y'all feisty today.

Also, sewing is the most trite shit ever when you've got a pile of it to do.

Numb

I swear there is a new alt account popping up everyday now
One in the Swedish thread

Trump ok and Hillary a blond bitch
heh.png

Numb

The visuals will be the first volley in the offense. But a polished turd is still a turd. I'll wait for the third and more interesting shadow faction to show themselves. That will be the group that swoops in to shit on both versions for it being a bad game that doesn't stand the test of time. The attacks on nostalgia will be bloody and sweet.

---

y'all feisty today.

I'll be in the faction that ignores everything

zeemumu

I'd like to see them attempt a Spawn remake now that the tech is there to save it from being the CGI dumpster-fire that it was.

tumblr_o1bcmb00yT1rp0vkjo1_500.gif

Numb

You say that now, but this one will be dragging its ass along the carpet in here too. Won't be any escaping it. Might as well put your chips down somewhere.
IF it's good maybe
Otherwise got no time.

----

Did this dude just use the skittles example?
Wow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom