• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT17| - Thanks, Obama

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeemumu

hot DAMN is that gif real? that seems worse than I remember

Something tells me that whoever made the cape never factored in how it would look in a well lit setting. It looks bad at night but it looks less bad

giphy.gif

spawn-o.gif

Sch1sm

Atleast KI gets activate support ontop of being good
Too bad no one plays it

I actually like that game but none of my friends want to play it more than a couple rounds like every blue moon.

Genuinely a good game but ignored because they don't wanna grab that complete pack for $35, or their excuse is just, "Ew, Microsoft." Only ones I understand are those with issues on the UWP downloads, those are beyond broken for a lot of people.

Numb

Something tells me that whoever made the cape never factored in how it would look in a well lit setting. It looks bad at night but it looks less bad

giphy.gif

spawn-o.gif
I actually liked the cape before
I actually like that game but none of my friends want to play it more than a couple rounds like every blue moon.

Genuinely a good game but ignored because they don't wanna grab that complete pack for $35, or their excuse is just, "Ew, Microsoft." Only ones I understand are those with issues on the UWP downloads, those are beyond broken for a lot of people.
The devs will continue to support it no matter
The MS haters can just be ignored. It's also on PC .

Had season 1 for free and everyone I wanted was in it minus Hisako(best girl) who I bought later.

Malyse

I don't waste time on Jim Sterling. He's a person who can't separate his opinion from objective quality and I find that type of mentality completely insufferable. Like, you can really fuck right off if you can't get past "I don't like this so it's bad".

FyreWulff

Milo's book just got canceled

I thought that was a weird video, but I kept it pushing. Seemed he just wanted air out nintendo.

He was dangling that book in front of gators to get them to keep giving him money and views because he was "totally going to talk about you guys and how you're awesome"

everything falling apart yesssss

How you gonna still Stan for this fool?

And of course it was pedophilia, that's the only level of moral outrage that's good enough for these people, he could have murdered a 10 year old black child in broad daylight and they'd have not cares.

And of course it was pedophilia, that's the only level of moral outrage that's good enough for these people, he could have murdered a 10 year old black child in broad daylight and they'd have not cares.

Yeah, I was surprised when I saw that from that poster. It made me go "huh?!"

Slayven

What gets me is the "liberals" that stan for him, but when his bullshit ruin lives they are ghosts.

One has to go and be lost for all time. What you got?

The Roots' All Things Fall Apart
The Fugees' The Score
NWA- Straight Outta Compton
Outkast- ATLiens

Bow Wow's entire music career
(This one doesn't count lol)

LionPride

Banned
One has to go and be lost for all time. What you got?

The Roots' All Things Fall Apart
The Fugees' The Score
NWA- Straight Outta Compton
Outkast- ATLiens

Bow Wow's entire music career
(This one doesn't count lol)

Do the albums still have the impact they had on the industry regardless? Or does history as a whole change?

Because depending, my answer is SOC/The Score

AJLma

I want AJLma to come back to discuss the things stated about hotepism, or is he just going to not come back? I mean, there is the Hotep culture, and then there is the african spiritualist\culture knowledge movement. They are not the same, though there are some overlaps in positive and negative aspect.

Kinda late, but this. I think separating the "hotep culture" from what you said above, african culture knowledge movement, is important because we're at the point where black people's economic efforts towards self-sufficiency in the USA have been squashed, deliberately, by white supremacy, and we aren't getting any type of assistance or recognition from any other nation. I don't really know what the culture movement can do for us economically, but I do know that that it would dead much of the blind ignorance and negativity towards each other that can be so prevalent in some of our communities. In my opinion it's necessary foundational knowledge... The sense of pride and desire for unity that comes with knowing the true history of who your people are, not were, and what black people are truly up against in terms of white supremacy. What way of life are they trying to ensure does not resurrect itself if black people had a free country outside of European influence, full of our best and brightest? If you don't know how African people lived when they were of a nation totally free from outside influence, then you don't have any image of what there is to aspire to. We weren't aimless nomads eating "bush rat", terrorizing each other endlessly, helplessly waiting to be enslaved like is so commonly portrayed.

Y'all notice how "WE WAZ KANGZ" is one of the favorite lines white supremacists like to throw out once they lose an argument or get exposed? They love the fact that we can't seem to find the common thread of our past. Don't y'all see that the instant a famous black person starts talking about something even slightly deeper than simple no-questions "integration" they get a media storm of bullshit thrown at them? They've got us clowning and disassociating from on our own legacy, thinking short-term, praising these american slave movies that depict us in a state of misery and win awards, as though that is the common thread of our history. It's not. Our history is the most prolific and culture the most humane on the planet. It's a white supremacist mandate that black people can't collectively acknowledge that.

A book I read about Alexander the Great renewed encouraged me to get back to reading about black history. Reading about Alexander, I learned that the proud "Greek"(the Greeks didn't claim him) who is basically the father of the Europe that we know today, who was tutored by Aristotle(who learned from Greeks, who learned from Egypt), who apparently slept with a copy of the Iliad under his pillow at night and thought that he was Achilles reincarnated. Did you know that when he conquered Egypt, he abandoned his own culture and became Egyptian? So did the Aryan Achaemenid Persians before him. Conquering Egypt was his whole damn mission. He stopped his campaigns, built the city of Alexandria, died young, and his people continued living in Egypt, gathering in one place all of the knowledge that Africans across the continent had acquired over thousands of years, living with the common Africans as slaves and the Priests as their teachers while they stole everything that black people knew. This is the beginning of the downward spiral, and the beginning of the rise of the oppression that we know today. Now is pretty much the first time in about 500 years that black people have the freedom, health, resources, and enough good will from their well-known contributions to civilization to finally figure out what the fuck is going on, and politically organize to do something about it. Unfortunately most of our political power was destroyed in the 60's, so we're back to starting at ground zero. Fortunately though, this time ground zero is actually ground zero, we don't have to get on a plane and fly to Mecca like Malcolm to learn that white supremacy is based on ignorance and illusion.
Notice how Trump's administration is deliberately confusing people about how to even discover what the truth is, period. It's a mandate.

So that's pretty much all, in my opinion the movement is about establishing a common thread for black folks around the world, and reconnecting with a collective, productive, proud mind state that has been robbed from us. Perception is everything. "Hotep" hate is a distraction that's been planted by trolls to put that extra step between black people and the rediscovery of their contribution to world civilization, guaranteed.

Nudull

Banned
Didn't know the dude directing Skull Island was doing Metal Gear Solid next. I mean, if even top-ass talent couldn't save Assassin's Creed...

zeemumu

I get asmr from mall kiosk people trying to sell me stuff but it gets canceled out by the anxiety that I feel when I turn them down.

Zekes!

Sonic fans are aware of being ain't shit while Nintendo ones will fight forever
It's not them that is wrong but the world

That's a good point.

Anyways, Horizon sounds good, I'm gonna have to find time to play that later in the Spring. I'm interested in hearing Austin Walker's full thoughts on it though, 'cause he seemed pretty middling on it last night in contrast to all the praise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom