• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT17| - Thanks, Obama

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mizerman

I hope you guys find this pictorial amusing.

I didn't think it deserved its own thread and figured the posters in this one seemed likeliest to get a kick out of it. If I am wrong, please, forgive me this small bit of racial profiling.

Yesterday, my buddy and I drove 90 miles or so to troll a confederate flag rally.

eFgdpZT.jpg

X9QMPHF.jpg

eiBqEm6.jpg

Very amusing how they're the ones calling others "snowflakes" when they are the ones catching their feelings all too often.

Nudull

Banned
Case Closed/Detective Conan is one of those anime shows that I can pop in and enjoy anytime, even years later.

Although, I imagine an everyday life where people constantly drop dead around you with a mystery to solve if you so much as take two steps out of your house might fuck you up mentally after a few years. Like a morbid Scooby-Doo.

Johndoey

Banned
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIgZ7gMze7A
-
Republicans will finally let public see their Obamacare plan

It's taken years and five different congressional committees working in consultation to repeal Obamacare, but House Republicans are expected to take up legislation in committee as early as Wednesday, according to aides and committee members. Since it's the first time most lawmakers and the public will actually see the bill, it's also the most significant test to see that the legislation can at the very least survive early flogging from all sides.
But schisms over how to overhaul Medicaid, how to structure refundable tax credits, and whether to cap the tax-exclusion on employer-based health insurance to pay for a replacement, which some have charged is no different than the unpopular Cadillac tax, won't be solved anytime soon.

what in the world are they facing that direction for?

also did you pick up any (wo)men?

They're looking at the old fart at the podium toward the left of the second picture. The event primarily consisted of a bunch of guys saying variations of "we're not racist."

I did not pick anyone up as the pickings were not very good and I am currently off the market. Otherwise, I totally would have been down for some, uh, hate-fucking.

They look just about like I imagine people supporting that stupid shit would look. Even the slightly pudgy kid with the folder.

Yeah. Pudgy Richard Spencer Jr there instigated the one moment that got heated. There was a protester with a sign that said "Veteran Against Ignorance." When Lil Richard saw the sign he demanded to see the dude's DD-214 form. Dude lol'ed, asked who the fuck carries that around, and said it was at home in his desk. Tubby blathered on, saying we were dishonoring real veterans, so my buddy, a marine, jumped in echoing his incredulity at the request, pointing out that he and I were veterans, too. Then a confederate biker said he carries his DD-214 around. My buddy called bullshit and said show it. Biker was like no. My buddy then says he can easily show his own veteran's card if they want to see it. Things unraveled from there, bikers surrounded tubby and it seemed like it was about to come to blows until a few cops intervened.

Very amusing how they're the ones calling others "snowflakes" when they are the ones catching their feelings all too often.

It is very amusing, but not for the reason you are imagining. Compare my profile pic to the guy holding the snowflake sign. Fwiw, we called this adventure "Operation Snowflake."

I approve. What was the general reaction to your presence?

I fear the white flag might have confused them. "whats wrong with a white flag? looks good to me."

When we arrived on scene, the event was already underway. We strode up confidently and with purpose. Just as we were about to breach the perimeter of the main cluster of losers, an open-carrying biker steps in our path and says something like "That's far enough." A bunch of heads turn and a few of the losers come up to take our picture. A couple even posed for selfies with us. There were palpable looks of disgust from the majority. I just gave them all my best million-dollar smile.

There was a group of black college kids watching the proceedings who seemed pretty happy to see us. One of them took our pics and said he appreciated my BLM shirt.

There were a couple of other protesters, including the aforementioned veteran, who were also glad to see us. Together we spent much of the time providing MST3K-style comedy and commentary as the idiots at the podium droned on.

Behind us were locals who seemed visibly distressed by the rally. I overheard one woman ask one of the higher-ranking cops "Why are they doing this to our town?"

He sighed and said "I don't know. They could have said no." I assume he meant whoever signed off on the permit. It was good to see that the locals and the cops were not pleased by the rally.

And at the very edge of the park, sorta blocked off by cops, was a very energetic and loud protester holding a sign with "Confederate flag = treason." He was shouting pretty much the entire time. Had excellent timing, and would drop zingers whenever there was a lull in the speech from the podium.

EDIT: Shit, after typing all of that out, maybe this was thread-worthy after all. Lol.

I can't fucking believe that there are dumbass motherfuckers that still think that equality, respect and decency for your fellow man or woman regardless of skin color, sex, etc is considered fucking "politics". That says more about them then they think.

The Switch will be the death of us all. The left joycon is the devil's joycon

I can't fucking believe that there are dumbass motherfuckers that still think that equality, respect and decency for your fellow man or woman regardless of skin color, sex, etc is considered fucking "politics". That says more about them then they think.

Sounds about right. Most are inherently selfish. Empathy is born out of experience. Many will never experience what the suffering do.

shingi70

Banned

That's the irony, the guys who are perpetually outraged are still somehow outraged with their guy in office, and were the snowflakes.

I'm.loving the switch so far, but it's a total soft launch and it makes me wonder what state the console would be in if had launched last November Luke was originally planned

That's the irony, the guys who are perpetually outraged are still somehow outraged with their guy in office, and were the snowflakes.

In case anyone is confused:

I am holding that sign. The joke is that I am using their words against them. They say it about the election and I'm saying it about the Civil War.

Slayven

I hope you guys find this pictorial amusing.

I didn't think it deserved its own thread and figured the posters in this one seemed likeliest to get a kick out of it. If I am wrong, please, forgive me this small bit of racial profiling.

Yesterday, my buddy and I drove 90 miles or so to troll a confederate flag rally.

eFgdpZT.jpg

X9QMPHF.jpg

eiBqEm6.jpg
These people all look the same, like every time. It's cold is the only reason you don't see a dirty wirebeater
Nah
tumblr_ofvkwdzbnU1trxgj7o1_500.png

This young man just did a "cash me ousside", didn't he?
Ever seen a man get killed with a gameboy advanced?
tumblr_ojb0rrH6HA1s9o2o3o1_500.gif

....Spade tatoos

What kinda tattoos they got

I don't what i would do if i saw one in real life

Sch1sm

Doesn't surprise me remotely that he looked her up. I think a lot of people do that, but it's usually via social media, not some site dedicated to collecting someone's information unwittingly. Interesting he thought that would go over well. I don't know a single person who wouldn't be put off by someone knowing information they genuinely shouldn't.

---

Good morning, BCT.

LotusHD

Banned
Doesn't surprise me remotely that he looked her up. I think a lot of people do that, but it's usually via social media, not some site dedicated to collecting someone's information unwittingly. Interesting he thought that would go over well. I don't know a single person who wouldn't be put off by someone knowing information they genuinely shouldn't.

I'll never understand why they feel the need to make threads and tell people that they've done some weird shit.

Some of y'all need to rotate your fridges more, shit ain't sanitary and I got standards. Hard enough to steal your keys and make copies. Least you could do is make sure I'm eating good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom