• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT17| - Thanks, Obama

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beefy

When I was at school I had some crazy white boy in my class that used to flip out and throw tables and chairs at the teachers.

Yep, had one teacher my senior year who moved from New York pull me and my brother (the only two colored folks) aside after class one day and legit ask "So, you guys know that the level of racist shit that your classmates and teachers say isn't normal and fucked up right?" 30 some odd retired Italian marine didn't take no shit.

Man quit after that year, place was a pit.

Beefy

shadow of mordor let you get too OP too fast. I had seen my full potential by the middle of the game, and quit right after.

Shadow of Mordor was way too boring. It relied on a watered down nemesis system as most of the story. I got bored of how shit the story was, so never completed it.

When I was at school I had some crazy white boy in my class that used to flip out and throw tables and chairs at the teachers.
I had one who threw coat hangers.

I remember my first year in high school being a trip. I had a Spanish teacher who said she was used to teaching Kindergarten and the students in that class would give her shit. Threw text books at her, said "bitch get out the way" when she blocked the door and told us to stay to do something and someone pushed her out the window one time. I didn't end up learning much during that class, but managed to get an A. I do feel bad for contributing to the shit as I brought my boombox to class one day.

Slayven

Shadow of War looking like it will be good, unlike Shadow of Mordor.

Man I hate people that only say shit when they are far away

Shadow of War looks like a game held back by the IP., so much you can't do because of how the world is setup. It would be better served as a generic fantasy

Beefy

Shadow of War looks like a game held back by the IP., so much you can't do because of how the world is setup. It would be better served as a generic fantasy

Doesn't look truly open world either. I miss being able to do what ever I want in a game.

Beefy

I had one who threw coat hangers.

I remember my first year in high school being a trip. I had a Spanish teacher who said she was used to teaching Kindergarten and the students in that class would give her shit. Threw text books at her, said "bitch get out the way" when she blocked the door and told us to stay to do something and someone pushed her out the window one time. I didn't end up learning much during that class, but managed to get an A. I do feel bad for contributing to the shit as I brought my boombox to class one day.

My school was mad. In my final exam year, some boy set fire to half the school.

Rime community manager trying to defend the Switch bullshit is hilarious to me.

What about Switch?

zeemumu

Wow, they really amped up the Nemesis System. You can have a legit invasion and everything. Did the first game have shell-shock when you stood too close to an explosion?

The combat looks like it plays more Assassin's Creed than Arkham Asylum and you've got some sick-ass new wraith abilities, like that wraith double stealth kill.

I'm really impressed and can't wait for this game. I'll bump up Shadow of Mordor in my "games to finish" queue after I grab an external hard drive for my PS4 because I had to delete my data for Doom.

Nudull

Banned
My school had food fights, regular ol' bloody fights, people smearing shit all over the bathroom walls, people digging ditches under the bleachers to have sex, that one time a dude stabbed a girl with a pair of scissors and there was a big trail of blood throughout the halls...

Shit was fucked

What the fuck is up with some of yalls schools god damn

We just have people threatning to blow up/shoot up the joint

Schools wasn't any better back in the day, especially if you grew up in a racist neighborhood where after school you had to run home to not get jumped or anywhere in the south where open racism was gradually celebrated past the 80s.

My teachers openly called students paperbag niggers and allowed white kids to jump the only few black students. This was in Louisiana.

Johndoey

Banned
My school had food fights, regular ol' bloody fights, people smearing shit all over the bathroom walls, people digging ditches under the bleachers to have sex, that one time a dude stabbed a girl with a pair of scissors and there was a big trail of blood throughout the halls...

Shit was fucked

The hell? I when to some sketchy schools but we never got to on campus stabbings. People mostly saved that shit for once they were off the bus in the afternoon.

Shit was fucked

This all sounds sadly normal while not being normal at all. I remember being hit in the face with a chocolate milk from across the other side of the cafeteria, shit was crazy, any time one kid threw something it was all over.

Mizerman

Shit was fucked

Oh hell, Miami Northwestern was just like that when I was there.

Beefy

Shit was fucked

Damn. I would have skipped that school.

BigDes

Doesn't look particularly held back to me.

Big difference between Tolkien writing ten pages about a spooky fog that was really spooky and you getting into dragon vs giant hell in a cell match up.

Dude must be spinning in his grave.

Game looks pretty good though I have to admit

LionPride

Banned
Public Schools 101 nigga.

Its universal too nigga
I've been in public school my whole life

Like, we got fights, niggas bringin guns/knives, an ambulance getting called because two dudes were fucking and one started bleeding, sexist teachers, semi-racist teachers, pregnant girls fighting, food fights, but not a lot of that wild shit

Nudull

Banned
Oh hell, Miami Northwestern was just like that when I was there.

I made a habit of hiding out in the library during my lunch breaks back at my school, just eat my food on the way walking there.

Browsing GAF, watching Nostalgia Critic/Linkara and looking up movie news sites while raiding the comic book/Manga section was a good time-waster. They even had Watchmen, for some godforsaken reason.

I think I'll watch next week's episode. Pretty good writing. Some of the scenes felt off. The shaky cam at the beginning and some of the songs in it weren't used well to me like Beyonce's Freedom. If you're going to play that make sure something epic is going on. It ended up feeling budgeted.

Kreed

Man, that Sam Jackson/Boyega thread is a good example of why some conversations should remain among black people.

And even among Black people, I can't think of a time where Samuel's side of the conversation would/should ever come up.

Merc_

And even among Black people, I can't think of a time where Samuel's side of the conversation would/should ever come up.

When black folk get so few roles as it is, it's pretty easy to see why black Americans might notice and resent non American blacks getting the few major roles that exist for us. It's a conversation that was always going to come up at some point. I'm also giving John the side eye after he retweeted that mental slavery remark.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom