• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT17| - Thanks, Obama

Status
Not open for further replies.

D i Z

But we live in a bubble

What gets me is when people say "That is kinda of fucked up" or "that is not a good look"

Motherfuckers linrup to repeat "Quit being so outraged". "Freedom of speech". "it's comedy bro", etc.

They are putting more energy in seeing some fake outrage then people put in just saying it's bullshit.

They want protections, but those same protections for them don't apply to others when they're the what that protection is needed from. Worst thing you can do to these people is to hold them accountable. To make them face responsibility and the realities of the shit that they create. They can try to re-write history all they want. But that bucket is getting larger, and they are all piling themselves into it willingly.

----

Some of us have shit to do day to day. Spoiler that shit, that's fucked up.

Slayven

They want protections, but those same protections for them don't apply to others when they're the what that protection is needed from. Worst thing you can do to these people is to hold them accountable. To make them face responsibility and the realities of the shit that they create. They can try to re-write history all they want. But that bucket is getting larger, and they are all piling themselves into it willingly.

----

Some of us have shit to do day to day. Spoiler that shit, that's fucked up.

The willful ignorance is amazing. Folks can know who wrote the code for 3rd stage of aero the acrobat on the SNES, but can't read up on women issues.

AJLma

If you haven't seen Get Out by now, welp. Spoilers and you should have seen it by now.

Fake edit: what a way to start a page.

That chinese dude is white just like everyone else in the shot. There are black chinese people in China. White chinese have done exactly the same thing to black chinese as white Americans have done to black Americans. Same thing from India to Japan to Iran. It's the color of your skin that they hate, not your "race".

Slayven

I spoilered the post.
Thank you
I got the (Zelda)
Master Sword
last night. I feel like a real hero now.

gal-frontpage-1126-jpg.jpg

Trey

As pertaining to that Get Out spoiler DD posted,
I don't think his conclusion is the one Peele was going for with the rich Asian man. The meat of the connection - that other races have assimilated into and support white culture in a way blacks haven't - is on point. I don't see Get Out as moralizing isolationist rhetoric; rather it exults black strength and brotherhood.

LionPride

Banned
Besides Malyse pulling the biggest of dick moves...

How yall feel about the fact that Django ain't the star of Django? Or that Kerry Washington's role in the movie is just to be destroyed throughout the movie till the end?

D i Z

Shy's been investigating where the FBI stashed our Black Panther shit, how to distribute it with "how to" pamphlets and gov't cheese coupons that haven't hit the expiration dates.

Trey

How yall feel about the fact that Django ain't the star of Django? Or that Kerry Washington's role in the movie is just to be destroyed throughout the movie till the end?

I'm not fond of Django Unchained for this reason and more.

Samara

Remember Collateral Damage? He got ''supporting actor'' next to Tom Cruise.

Numb

Won't be shocked if y'all get cleaned up putting Shy's business out like that
Don't worry he'll attend your funeral if no one else will

D i Z

Won't be shocked if y'all get cleaned up putting Shy's business out like that
Don't worry he'll attend your funeral if no one else will

I'm counting on it. He'll at least bring flowers and an umbrella for moms. Hand her a wallet sized laminated print of my profile pic.
I'd also be guaranteed a better send off than the one that Donnie got.
a3bc31b395fc944894f489ceea8cff3d.jpg

DT Kong Review should be called "Paybacks a bitch"

akira28

Shy kills family men but promises that their families will be "well taken care of".

Then he actually pays their bills.

Shy is actually a good father figure to their kids. "Yeah I had to kill your father, he was a murderous gangster. but he never went to your piano recitals, and I'm in the front row because your mom had to work."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom