• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT17| - Thanks, Obama

Status
Not open for further replies.

D i Z

Shadow of War looks like a game held back by the IP., so much you can't do because of how the world is setup. It would be better served as a generic fantasy

Question is would they sell more without it? I don't see that working for them.

Doesn't look truly open world either. I miss being able to do what ever I want in a game.

I'm wondering how free form those boss fights really are. The demo was really too scripted for anything to seem about odds and skill.

Nudull

Banned
So, my brother is going away to PAX East this weekend, so I'm gonna have the house to myself. Not sure what I wanna do.

mr jones

Ethnicity is not a race!
Did brietbart use DMX's mugshot on a story about a Somali immigrant?

http://brietbartinsider.com/somali-...ounts-of-sexual-battery-prior-to-deportation/

Isn't Jawahir a girls name?

*Google's Jawahir Ahmed*

nhyd2Gr.jpg

I think I might need to change my avatar...

Kreed

When black folk get so few roles as it is, it's pretty easy to see why black Americans might notice and resent non American blacks getting the few major roles that exist for us. It's a conversation that was always going to come up at some point. I'm also giving John the side eye after he retweeted that mental slavery remark.

I meant in regards to a British Black actor not being able to "relate" as well as an US Black actor in film roles regarding discrimination of Black people in the US (Samuel mentioned Selma, etc... in his interview).

shingi70

Banned
When black folk get so few roles as it is, it's pretty easy to see why black Americans might notice and resent non American blacks getting the few major roles that exist for us. It's a conversation that was always going to come up at some point. I'm also giving John the side eye after he retweeted that mental slavery remark.

Isn't that Hollywood in general right now. I mean it's not like white and female British actors aren't taking a good amount of roles, as long as you can do semi passable American accent.

Not to discount the problems that Blqck American actors are facing, I have a god sister who lives in Atlanta and trying to break out.

Like I was surprised to find out the black dude who plays firestorm on legends of tomorrow was British till I saw him at a con panel. Now I hear his native accent come out decently in certain scenes.

Morning folks, hope your days go well/ have gone well so far. Gym for leg day then a long, slog of a day to make sure a 4AM push is ready for tomorrow.

Merc_

I meant in regards to a British Black actor not being able to "relate" as well as an US Black actor in film roles regarding discrimination of Black people in the US (Samuel mentioned Selma, etc... in his interview).

Ah, yeah I don't really know where Sam was going with that one. Black Brits do still catch shit in Europe too after all. Much to the denial of White Europeans of course. As a result, I doubt it's all that hard for Black Brits to understand how racism works here in the US.

Isn't that Hollywood in general right now. I mean it's not like white and female British actors aren't taking a good amount of roles, as long as you can do semi passable American accent.

Not to discount the problems that Blqck American actors are facing, I have a god sister who lives in Atlanta and trying to break out.

Like I was surprised to find out the black dude who plays firestorm on legends of tomorrow was British till I saw him at a con panel. Now I hear his native accent come out decently in certain scenes.

I think it's just because the acting opportunities for black people are so much smaller for black folks then it is for white folks that the problem is just more pronounced for black people. I mean White Americans still have a better chance of getting a good role even with White Brits doing work and getting roles just because there are more out there for them.

Slayven

A discussion that needs context, history, empathy, and some one willing to listen getting tanked on the internet? I am shocked

Malyse

Colin Moriarty is such an ass.
My school was mad. In my final exam year, some boy set fire to half the school.

What about Switch?
Rime is +$10 on Switch and they think that people will be okay with that. I personally think Rime is going to be mediocre to bad, so I ain't stuttin it.

Colin Moriarty is such an ass.

Rime is +$10 on Switch and they think that people will be okay with that. I personally think Rime is going to be mediocre to bad, so I ain't stuttin it.

I can't wait til we finally get the details on cart costs and required runs for physical releases. Rime should've been digital only on switch, but it's too late now

See the reason people hated the Obama's was because Michelle made it her mission to get kids to exercise but didn't bring back Guts or Legend's of the hidden Temple
Or at least Supermarket Sweep in a Whole Foods

Sch1sm

Why are you like this?

---

Was listening to Interacial Jawn this morning on my way to school. Forget who listed it at whatever point when we were discussing podcasts we listen to, gonna assume it was Mrs. Manky, but I was deceased at Donald Trump being referenced as Toupee Fiasco.

Made my morning. Dunno how I've ever come across that before. It's brilliant.

Malyse

I can't wait til we finally get the details on cart costs and required runs for physical releases. Rime should've been digital only on switch, but it's too late now
Naw. At the least they should have made digital cost less than physical. But this is prolly that studios last game.

zeemumu

I was in for F8 of the Furious before, and now I'm in 2x just to see The Rock push a moving torpedo.

Also it seems like only 3 people have ever died from physics-related injury in that series.

shingi70

Banned
Rime was always a weird game that was only getting hyped up due it'd assocation with Sony. There previous game was at best average and bad at worst.

Colin has always been a fuckboi, problem is this seems to turn into views. Dude went from no one really paying attention to him and the guys in KF thread not really liking, him to getting weekly threads where dudes cosign him.

Malyse

Rime was always a weird game that was only getting hyped up due it'd assocation with Sony. There previous game was at best average and bad at worst.

Colin has always been a fuckboi, problem is this seems to turn into views. Dude went from no one really paying attention to him and the guys in KF thread not really liking, him to getting weekly threads where dudes cosign him.
I really tried to give Colin a fair shake, but gotdamn. I'm done with that.
I was in for F8 of the Furious before, and now I'm in 2x just to see The Rock push a moving torpedo.

Also it seems like only 3 people have ever died from physics-related injury in that series.
I need to have a FF watching party. I'm not caught up on the franchise.

zeemumu

Is the Final Destination universe just filled with lawsuits everyday? I mean, think back to every death. How many of those were caused by some employee negligence or a machine malfunctioning?

Plane explosion, racetrack crash, rollercoaster crash, Lowe's workplace accident, dropped a plexiglass windowpane on a kid, laser eye surgery machine malfunctioned, tanning beds burned tanners alive, pool suction sacked out guy's organs, movie theater exploded due to negligence, escalator ate a person, etc

Nudull

Banned
Is the Final Destination universe just filled with lawsuits everyday? I mean, think back to every death. How many of those were caused by some employee negligence or a machine malfunctioning?

Plane explosion, racetrack crash, rollercoaster crash, Lowe's workplace accident, dropped a plexiglass windowpane on a kid, laser eye surgery machine malfunctioned, tanning beds burned tanners alive, pool suction sacked out guy's organs, movie theater exploded due to negligence, escalator ate a person, etc

Can they put a class-action on the Grim Reaper? I mean, he's so incompetent with his job that he had to put up unnecessarily elaborate deaths for the people he was too lazy to kill, endangering countless other lives in the process. People may have a case, is what I'm saying.

I'm shocked his ass wasn't fired after movie one.

zeemumu

Can they put a class-action on the Grim Reaper? I mean, he's so incompetent with his job that he had to put up unnecessarily elaborate deaths for the people he was too lazy to kill, endangering countless other lives in the process. People may have a case, is what I'm saying.

I'm shocked his ass wasn't fired after movie one.

It's implied that he's the one sending the visions and the convoluted deaths are for shits n giggles. My point is that when they roll the security footage back, they aren't gonna see death setting things up. They're gonna see your haphazardly putting your nail gun on a shelf next to a board that leans just a little too far and causes it to shoot someone in the leg so they fall down a flight of stairs

D i Z

These put upon white boys don't learn shit until other white people police them. Colin will learn, but his business partners and all of those white friends in the industry that enable his bullshit are going to be the ones to do it. But like every other set of liberal allies out there, it's all loud talk until they gotta go home and speak plainly to the family about not voting for bigotry. They all fold when they need to take action.

Slayven

These put upon white boys don't learn shit until other white people police them. Colin will learn, but his business partners and all of those white friends in the industry that enable his bullshit are going to be the ones to do it. But like every other set of liberal allies out there, it's all loud talk until they gotta go home and speak plainly to the family about not voting for bigotry. They all fold when they need to take action.

But we live in a bubble

What gets me is when people say "That is kinda of fucked up" or "that is not a good look"

Motherfuckers linrup to repeat "Quit being so outraged". "Freedom of speech". "it's comedy bro", etc.

They are putting more energy in seeing some fake outrage then people put in just saying it's bullshit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom