• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT17| - Thanks, Obama

Status
Not open for further replies.

D i Z

Shy will kill me last. I still have my uses and he knows that I won't run. Got my last meal picked out where we'll share photos and close out old accounts. Y'all are fucked tho.

Numb

Shy will kill me last. I still have my uses and he knows that I won't run. Got my last meal picked out where we'll share photos and close out old accounts. Y'all are fucked tho.
images

he lied to you

Trey

Zelda is truly a tremendous game. Even with serious frame rate problems and goofy controls, it's one of the finest games I've ever played.

D i Z

images

he lied to you

I don't die until I find out with happened to my nigga IFS. That's the deal.
Hope your drafty ass dojo got something stronger than planks for wind resistance on those windows.
Your badge going into the donation box by end of week.

----

Korey ain't got no gotdamn gamecube.....

Numb

I don't die until I find out with happened to my nigga IFS. That's the deal.
Hope your drafty ass dojo got something stronger than planks for wind resistance on those windows.
Your badge going into the donation box by end of week.

----

Korey ain't got no gotdamn gamecube.....
You don't even have enough cold resistance to reach here

Shy is actually a good father figure to their kids. "Yeah I had to kill your father, he was a murderous gangster. but he never went to your piano recitals, and I'm in the front row because your mom had to work."

He's like Castor Troy in Face/Off, except instead of being a creep he steals their Dad's face and comes back as a better father than the real one.

D i Z

Horizon catches some heat for issues of appropriation.
Gamers break their backs to claim not appropriation/ not native american appropriation/ non issue.

Writer responds to criticism with statements about care being taken to only use terms from native American cultures that weren't divisive, and to avoid the obviously offensive. Gamers still claim no appropriation of Native American cultures.

You don't even have enough cold resistance to reach here

I was born into the snow. You simply adopted it.

Numb

Horizon catches some heat for issues of appropriation.
Gamers break their backs to claim not appropriation/ not native american appropriation/ non issue.

Writer responds to criticism with statements about care being taken to only use terms from native American cultures that weren't divisive, and to avoid the obviously offensive. Gamers still claim no appropriation of Native American cultures.

I was born into the snow. You simply adopted it.
surviving in a disadvantaged environment
Don't underestimate this desperation
I'll cut your breaks on the way to the dojo

I repeat. Dick move
Glad I missed the spoilers
Who the fuck is Shy? Should I know? Will He kill me in my sleep? Does he take Henny or a 6 pack of Red Stripe as a peace offering?
He will help you complete your bucket list right before ending you

Shy

Morning folks,
Mornin' BCT.
Evening.
Colin Moriarty is such an ass.
Nah. I believe the word you're looking for is cunt.
Get Out isn't out to the 17th in UK. Glad I didn't see that spoiler.
Same.
Who the fuck is Shy? Should I know? Will He kill me in my sleep? Does he take Henny or a 6 pack of Red Stripe as a peace offering?
ZD3pKoj.gif

Fam, how much is this worth investigating?

https://twitter.com/susaspring/status/839774564855005184

I know literally nothing about Germany's black population. I just happened to live on base there for a couple of years and tried to keep up the language after leaving.

Edit: The tweet says "Film premiere this evening in Berlin: Afro-Germany, with Deutsche Welle Culture."

Yes, it's worth investigating, there are Afro-German politicians, artists etc.

I stayed over there for 3 months for a project about a year ago . I always do my investigative "Am I going to be the only black person." research when I'm in a different country, and surely, I was not. I learned a lot from asking around, even learned of Afro-Germans during the holocaust, which was harrowing in itself.

I recalled also learning about some of the history in Pennsylvania, they have annual celebrations. http://afrogermans.us//.

Yes, it's worth investigating, there are Afro-German politicians, artists etc.

I stayed over there for 3 months for a project about a year ago . I always do my investigative "Am I going to be the only black person." research which I'm in a different country, and surely, I was not. I learned a lot from asking around, even learned of Afro-Germans during the holocaust, which was harrowing in itself.

I recalled also learning about some of the history in Pennsylvania, they have annual celebrations. http://afrogermans.us//.

How are the Black people of Germany treated? Did you experience or hear of any overt racism and discrimination?

How are the Black people of Germany treated? Did you experience or hear of any overt racism and discrimination?

Well, I'm not sure how they're all treated but from what I was told there isn't much of a black population in the small towns or smaller cities.

You'll find in the bigger cities that are more liberal, more diverse populations. I stayed in Hamburg and visited Berlin, in both cities I saw a pretty significant amount of minorities, in my opinion at least.

I would say its the same as if you were to visit London, say Northwest London since its the only part I've visited so far and can remember.

When it came to discrimination or racism I didn't hear of any, except in the past when racism was rampant obviously. But now, for the younger folks I did question, they refer to their cities as culturally diverse, LGBTQ friendly/neighborhoods and liberal.

Suffice it to say, the only real racism I've personally heard was against Russians when I was in a bar.

akira28

lol that post was pretty bad, Malyse. my phone had been take over by a gigantic spoiler tweet.

really next time just host it on imgur and crop 2 nonspoilery tweets, and do an image link. it would have been just as powerful and people would have clicked on it, instead of hating on it...

Girl's mother signed over the (temporary) custody rights to Reema.

So quick to give up rights to her child because of some man, smh. I'm happy for the girl though, she doesn't have to live with female JC anymore.

But shout out to Reema for pretty much adopting a child on the fly.

Malyse

Girl's mother signed over the (temporary) custody rights to Reema.

So quick to give up rights to her child because of some man, smh. I'm happy for the girl though, she doesn't have to live with female JC anymore.

But shout out to Reema for pretty much adopting a child on the fly.

tumblr_inline_omih0kpvPk1re10du_540.png

Yep

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom