• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT17| - Thanks, Obama

Status
Not open for further replies.

akira28

Boyz 2 Men to tour with new group formerly known as The Boys, now known as The Men. The What did I Fucking Tell you? tour to star June 2017. Tickets go on sale for Feenix's mom tomorrow.

Well, for a long time owning a game console was an inherently western middle class thing.

its almost like we as a human race have a duty to burst their bubbles.

"Yo, I'm about to go in on this boojie ass hoodrat. Somebody get me the Ether beat and book me an hour studio time."

----An Eternity Later-----

"Hey Drake! Weezy Baby!!!"

Girl, Nicki...#iCant

Her diss was just full of shoutouts? Too much yes men on her team lol

I understand her doing whatever she wants because her career's been pretty smooth up until this point but maybe she should've had someone listen to the song before putting it out

Johndoey

Banned
Nobody wants their name on the Republican health care bill

Washington (CNN)The White House says don't call it "Trumpcare." Critics are labeling it "Ryancare" and "Obamacare lite." Hospitals hate it and insurers are pushing the panic button.

The House GOP bill to repeal Obamacare is quickly becoming a bill that nobody wants to own.
Since its introduction this week, legislation from top House Republicans to repeal and replace the Affordable Care Act has drawn a flood of opposition from lawmakers and a range of health care leaders and industry stakeholders, including major doctors and hospital groups. While the bill's writers and the White House confidently insist that the plan will pass, they have been far less eager to put their names on it.

The widespread wariness about having the Obamacare repeal bill named after any one person in the party comes amid mounting criticism of the legislation. It's a clear sign of the grave political ramifications of the GOP efforts to overhaul a health care system that has provided coverage to some 20 million people -- and how much will be at stake in upcoming elections if Republicans' plan leads to millions of people losing their insurance.
Similarly, critics of the new GOP legislation are determined to make names like "Trumpcare" and "Ryancare" stick.
The conservative Club for Growth released a statement this week opposing the GOP bill and referring to it as "Ryancare," while Democratic lawmakers have long since taken to calling it "Trumpcare."

Johndoey

Banned
Link being almost completely expressionless in BotW makes zero sense; More than any other Zelda game characters react to Link as a real character with a history and personality instead of the godless doll creature we're actually playing. It's somewhat off-putting.

Good morning BCT. First I just wanted to say I thank God everyday for a fourm where I can talk Games and Black Culture. Searched the internet far and wide for a worthwhile Black Culture Community. So thank you to all of you.

Please dont kill me Shy

I mean I did bump Nicki's track today when I was squatting.

Good morning BCT. First I just wanted to say I thank God everyday for a fourm where I can talk Games and Black Culture. Searched the internet far and wide for a worthwhile Black Culture Community. So thank you to all of you.

Please dont kill me Shy

Good morning

Sch1sm

Mornin

Avatar was fucking trash, why folks stressing about the sequels being delayed?!

They waited all these years and didn't even care. Mention of a sequel destroyed their patience, and I don't understand why. I've never once thought about that movie beyond the time I watched it. I barely recall the plot.

Nicki Minaj is the first female rapper to reach #1 on iTunes US as a lead artist since 2014, so even her L's are W's.

She's done well professionally, but she still failed to deliver. Always a losing side in these sad as hell beefs, and it's her. No one's even talking about Remy's slip up on her second diss track. shETHER still being raved about on Twitter, though.

zeemumu

They waited all these years and didn't even care. Mention of a sequel destroyed their patience, and I don't understand why. I've never once thought about that movie beyond the time I watched it. I barely recall the plot.

General awareness that something exists destroys your patience. The odds of someone ending up alone forever are extremely low, despite what those people on Facebook want you to think. But it's easier to just assume that it's never gonna happen because then you don't have anything to wait impatiently for. But when it exists, your mind is focused on that moment and all of a sudden it's an unbearable wait. Those seconds turn into minutes, those minutes into hours, and so on.

Sch1sm

General awareness that something exists destroys your patience. The odds of someone ending up alone forever are extremely low, despite what those people on Facebook want you to think. But it's easier to just assume that it's never gonna happen because then you don't have anything to wait impatiently for. But when it exists, your mind is focused on that moment and all of a sudden it's an unbearable wait. Those seconds turn into minutes, those minutes into hours, and so on.

But it wasn't even that good a movie.

It was just pretty.

zeemumu

But it wasn't even that good a movie.

It was just pretty.

True but it was also the most successful 3D movie in ages. It's the Wii Sports of 3D, or the Blair Witch Project of 3D. The Blair Witch Project is actually pretty boring but it was the first one to do the thing so it gets all of the accolades and credit and spawned a genre. Avatar was the first to do this in a non-gimmick fashion and caused movies to have a 3D option whether they needed it or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom