• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT17| - Thanks, Obama

Status
Not open for further replies.

Numb

You wasted that last wish on clean dipping sauce today. And spank bank retrieval. Nigga, you owe the celestial.

https://media.giphy.com/media/K51z2udNAkWCA/giphy.gif[/MG][/QUOTE]
But you won't come and try to snag this badge
You know my address and face if you want some..

D i Z

But you won't come and try to snag this badge
You know my address and face if you want some..

I ain't showing up looking for a badge. Badges couldn't pay for the oil that my spurs need to keep them spinning in thin air. I'm coming with a shovel.

Yo Slay, I hear that (Comic Spoilers I guess)
Magneto is joining up with Hydra in Secret Empire.
Is this stupid as it sounds?

Also, best Dr. Doom Story Arc?

That's as stupid as that time Carol said he's "the guy online who compares everything to Hitler" after he pointed out the road she was headed down.

royalan

"Yo, I'm about to go in on this boojie ass hoodrat. Somebody get me the Ether beat and book me an hour studio time."

----An Eternity Later-----

"Hey Drake! Weezy Baby!!!"

Girl, Nicki...#iCant

Young Magus

Very stupid since Magneto once went out his way to kill Red Skull. But Mags will probably be mind controlled or something

Figured.

But really tho do you like doom at all?

It's one of those truths you would never think off, but suddenly pop into your head

Along with:
Most Gaffers never met poc
Most Gaffers only half-heard of half the shit they hate and never looked into it
Most Gaffers only like Eminem
A good amount of Gaffers would be quicker in showning Sympy for Elliot Roggers then any of us in here

the thing is pretty compressed and would take some effort extracting it. Like, kids in these little individual cells, believing all the people they're in anonymous contact with are in some ways like them. they soak up everything around them, culture, politics, what their peers and authority figures say, do and think. So they end up being perfect indicators of their local societies, like how they grew up, what their parents believe, etc.

and at some point there was a feedback loop from all the latent background racism. people used to think that everyone online was white and male. Then as that impression changed, 'most' people online were white males, and everyone else was a target of opportunity for anonymous racism or sexism.Then as 'everyone' got online, the racism didn't disappear. It recognized its reflection in so many different faces and created social groups around those views and other things. so you got games, politics, cartoons, art, technology, all with a side of racism. Or like an unspoken racist core, where racism is allowed under the guise of "freedom", but there tend to be a large focus on control structure in these groups, so the only real freedoms allowed are the freedoms to be racist.

It is almost like it should have been expected. You didn't clean your chittlins, so now your whole dinner table smells like shit. That's America. instead of dealing with racism, the folks in charge just made it invisible like a 3 year old would. By covering their eyes. Don't "see" it, it doesn't "exist".

Quoting because it needs to be.

Shy

I don't know. These youtube folks don't have the steel or charm to be really out there, say what you want about Milo, but he only went away because his shit was something you can't really come back from. But these cats, you make a response video and they lose their fucking mind. Plus the old guard has a good 20-30 years left in it, and they shown recently they are done with the useful idiots.

Maybe I being hopeful but all the recent Russian stuff, FBI bullshit, Bernie bullshit, and wikileaks... has me thinking the alt right impact of the election was smaller than we thought.

But it is something to be worried about.

And it is Glenn Beck, dude hasn't been part of the cool kid's table in years. His site is tanking and the only thing he has left is Tomi Lahren.
Nah. If anything, i think it's only the tip of the iceberg.

The Alt-right have emboldened and empowered by Trump.

Oh shit, this piss head kid who I knew from work before he got fired apparently shot someone 3 times recently. He saw a kid running and heard sirens so he decided to "help" and shot him. This fucker was dumb, didn't think he could ever be wrong and failed the HPD (psychology) test and couldn't find work last I saw him.

Oh shit it was that case from 3 days ago. Didn't even bother really looking at the pic of the guy

Slayven

This track ain't shit and she shouldn't have released it, honestly.
Rod was just talking about all Nicki had to do was wait and let Remy hang her ownself
Figured.

But really tho do you like doom at all?

Along with:
Most Gaffers never met poc
Most Gaffers only half-heard of half the shit they hate and never looked into it
Most Gaffers only like Eminem
A good amount of Gaffers would be quicker in showning Sympy for Elliot Roggers then any of us in here

Quoting because it needs to be.
Doom is aces
Nah. If anything, i think it's only the tip of the iceberg.

The Alt-right have emboldened and empowered by Trump.

I feel like the racism always been there, it just now people can video tape it in and upload it in minutes

She ain't Batman.

Hell... Batman from Immature would've put out better bars.

xlMbDi1.gif

...homegirl

Marques Houston is so irrelevant at this point that I automatically did a mental search for one of Whitney Houston's lesser known cousins before I realized who you WERE talking about.

Omg... I was thinking of that one hit 'Naked' he had and I thought that was not too long ago..

That was 2005 :(

Holy shit he ain't did nothing since then.

We name-dropping the dude who did Naked in 2017? That's like dropping and Chingy reference.

Nicki needs to hold that L for a while. Those verses were traaaaash

RedSwirl

the thing is pretty compressed and would take some effort extracting it. Like, kids in these little individual cells, believing all the people they're in anonymous contact with are in some ways like them. they soak up everything around them, culture, politics, what their peers and authority figures say, do and think. So they end up being perfect indicators of their local societies, like how they grew up, what their parents believe, etc.

and at some point there was a feedback loop from all the latent background racism. people used to think that everyone online was white and male. Then as that impression changed, 'most' people online were white males, and everyone else was a target of opportunity for anonymous racism or sexism.Then as 'everyone' got online, the racism didn't disappear. It recognized its reflection in so many different faces and created social groups around those views and other things. so you got games, politics, cartoons, art, technology, all with a side of racism. Or like an unspoken racist core, where racism is allowed under the guise of "freedom", but there tend to be a large focus on control structure in these groups, so the only real freedoms allowed are the freedoms to be racist.

It is almost like it should have been expected. You didn't clean your chittlins, so now your whole dinner table smells like shit. That's America. instead of dealing with racism, the folks in charge just made it invisible like a 3 year old would. By covering their eyes. Don't "see" it, it doesn't "exist".

Well, for a long time owning a game console was an inherently western middle class thing. Hell, still is really. PC and mobile are beating consoles to the emerging markets and that's ultimately what's going to limit the market cap of consoles in the years to come.

That intrinsic economic aspect of the technology and the industry has limited the central dedicated user base to certain social classes. We're just now seeing that play out as lines in the general political divide are now being drawn in the gaming world. Hell, all this is arguably intrinsic to tech itself. I don't think desktop computers were ever as accessible to certain POC in America as phones are.

I was looking at the Billboard charts for rap singles in the 2000s and I feel really old now.
I thought the 90's was a decade ago still like five days ago.

Biggie died TWENTY YEARS AGO.

I still get dumbass mid 00's chart toppers stuck in my head tho, TIP and Yung Joc haunt me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom