• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT17| - Thanks, Obama

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeemumu

The Zelda Spoiler thread is ripping itself apart with timeline discussion.

I know next to nothing about that game's story but based on what I've seen of the setting, it's probably in an Era where the hero of time isn't a thing, so either before the split (like Skyward Sword) or in the "hero is defeated" timeline with the original LoZ. It's probably not Windows Waker timeline because they freakin love Hero of Time. My money's on "hero is defeated" because Ganon wasn't a thing before the split and the Master Sword rarely gets use in the defeated timeline as far as I know so it would explain why it looks abandoned in the trailers

I can't post this in there because I don't want to be spoiled

RedSwirl

Nintendo very obviously doesn't give a shit about a timeline idk why other people do.

When it comes to timeline discussions, the search is more fun than the answers. That's how it was back in the day around the time of Ocarina when you had a relatively small number of games that didn't have a lot of up-front plot exposition, so you had to read between the lines to get more out of the games.

The Team Ico games actually leverage this thirst for knowledge from players and do so to great effect. More importantly, Ueda knew players ultimately didn't want closure (no matter how much they said they did), they always want another mystery to track down.

Slayven

The Zelda Spoiler thread is ripping itself apart with timeline discussion.

Zelda timeline is worthless.

It'll work best if the new game just doesn't fit in at all. Start fresh.

Nintendo very obviously doesn't give a shit about a timeline idk why other people do.

Nerd masturbation at best. Nintendo doesn't care or will attempt to care. Who's to say all the zelda games don't happen in alternative universes?

Trey

Never understood the obsession nerds have with canon, and sorting everything into neat boxes.

People like closure and things "making sense."

As far as the Zelda timeline goes, the games reference each other all the time. Of course with a franchise as popular as Zelda, you're gonna have folks who obsess over the canon.
Me personally, I think all the references and nods to other games in the franchise is a cute touch.

They waited all these years and didn't even care. Mention of a sequel destroyed their patience, and I don't understand why. I've never once thought about that movie beyond the time I watched it. I barely recall the plot.

Pocahontas in space, no?

The ultimate white savior

Malyse

I've heard rumors that this Zelda
is a stealth remake of the first game, meaning they could very well be rebooting the timeline.

----

SO.

My mousepad is an utter piece of shit and since I'm less busy today than on average, I decide that it's time to replace it.

5YJ7Y8u.jpg

Awful, right? I decide to head to Office Depot to get a replacement, cause sure, why not? Better than fighting the Wal-Mart crowds in any case. Now, I want something bigger than a normal pad, cause I do design work. That's what my degree is in. I go. They have two sizes: the aforementioned normal and good lord that thing is massive. It's like a foot and a half by three feet. WAAY too big (and way too expensive). So I decide to check the Walmart App to see if I can find something more reasonable. Low and behold I find this:

Fantastic! And it's about a foot by about a foot, exactly the size I want. Bonus! It's available at the Neighborhood Market Wal-Mart on aisle L2, meaning I don't gotta deal with the supercenter crowd. I go. I find some apple juice on sale. I get it. I find a sourdough boule on sale. I get it. I do *not* find an aisle L2 with my mousepad. I don't find aisle L2 or my mousepad. Or any mousepads. So I pop open the app again and "Not available in this store". "Available in the Wal-Mart Supercenter".

T___T

So I buy my bread and juice (both delish BTW), and I head to the supercenter. I go in and head to electronics. I find the normal size mousepads... and... that's it. I wander around. Can't find it. I look at the price for Animal Crossing 3DS. I laugh 'cause they're still charging $30 for it (though Nintendo just dropped the price). Still can't find it. I pop open the app and "Not available in this store or any other store in a 50 mile radius."

T__________T

So I'm about halfway out the store and I unlocking my phone to look at a different app, but the Wal-Mart app is still open and it refreshes and "In stock at this store on Aisle L2".

So I go to the cashier and I ask "Where is Aisle L2?" She asks "What are you looking for?" I show her and she takes me to it.

This is what it looks like on the shelf:

BRUH.

Anyway, I got a new mousepad now and it's pretty fucking sweet.

D i Z

Maybe we'll now have people stop saying that JJ and LC are the worst Marvel Netflix joints.
Not much relief in that, I had hoped that Iron Fist would elevate things, not drag them down.

Maybe we'll now have people stop saying that JJ and LC are the worst Marvel Netflix joints.
Not much relief in that, I had hoped that Iron Fist would elevate things, not drag them down.
Nope, you'll have people say Iron Fist is better than both while wearing a hat that says "Make Marvel Great Again" featuring HYDRA Cap.

Malyse

It's insane that Ryan Reynolds is finally getting his due from fucking Deadpool. I can't believe that they salvaged something from Origins Wolverine.

zeemumu

It's insane that Ryan Reynolds is finally getting his due from fucking Deadpool. I can't believe that they salvaged something from Origins Wolverine.

Aside from a good movie tie-in game

I can feel my body prepping for a heart attack. This is almost as stressful as class registration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom