• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT17| - Thanks, Obama

Status
Not open for further replies.

akira28

nice. my car is covered in ice. and surrounded by broken tree limbs.

one part of me feels bad for the trees. the other part of me is like "really? that's all it took to break you? weak."

Numb

Damn snow!
Mornin all.

Tons of great dialog about gaming communities in here last night.

Trapped in doors due to snow. About to make breakfast and not play Zelda. Promised myself I'd give some other games some shine
It's still fresh no need to stop. Go on.
Game is good
Haven't even opened this book I borrowed.

----

az8MEWq_460s.jpg

😂

Damn snow!

It's still fresh no need to stop. Go on.
Game is good
Haven't even opened this book I borrowed.

----

https://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/az8MEWq_460s.jpg[/]
😂[/QUOTE]

I don't really have much of a leg to stand on with all that. I never listened to any of those guys. Went from 1up yours to giantbomb and that's been it.

Pretty sad that people decide to become a voice in this medium because they "love games" but can't see that it's not only the people that look like them enjoy it. You can see there's a gamers from all walks of life but you let your own bullshit ruin it for them. It's amazing how equality seems like oppression even here. It's pathetic and frankly the more I engulf myself in gaming side and listen to people (all the same type) argue against equality and representation because "I personally can't relate, but you should all stay on board with not being able to relate" it makes me think. These people are always going to be pathetic.

They have always been the cause of the worlds problems.

I've asked a few times for more diverse podcast and I'm going to stick to those and bury my head in the sand. In all honesty if I was a better writer I'd try and start my own.

Numb

I don't really have much of a leg to stand on with all that. I never listened to any of those guys. Went from 1up yours to giantbomb and that's been it.

Pretty sad that people decide to become a voice in this medium because they "love games" but can't see that it's not only the people that look like them enjoy it. You can see there's a gamers from all walks of life but you let your own bullshit ruin it for them. It's amazing how equality seems like oppression even here. It's pathetic and frankly the more I engulf myself in gaming side and listen to people (all the same type) argue against equality and representation because "I personally can't relate, but you should all stay on board with not being able to relate" it makes me think. These people are always going to be pathetic.

They have always been the cause of the worlds problems.

I've asked a few times for more diverse podcast and I'm going to stick to those and bury my head in the sand. In all honesty if I was a better writer I'd try and start my own.

They keep thinking paying some attention to minorities/women etc is taking away from them
There is more than enough

They keep thinking paying some attention to minorities/women etc is taking away from them
There is more than enough

They're just supposed to be background props to make the atmosphere more authentic.

"I want negros in my GTA and and Arabs in my Call of Duty"

The thing that seems more amazing is the fans of these asshats who cape for them because, let's be real, they think these dudes are their personal friends and they must imagine each podcast as a gathering of homies. So just like when they're sitting around with their real friends (that's if they actually do have any) they make racist jokes and don't think much of it.

Why else would the defense of "it's just a joke" be so rampant. Poor saps don't realize they actually have an audience. I wonder if they'll switch it up and claim these racist youtube shows aren't actually racist.. they just "aren't for you".

Thought you were talking about Diablos, then I saw the thread and the sandbox baby getting exposed.

Is he even around anymore? He get banned so often I don't even see his posts. I just know about the dude as a myth.

But this one right now getting exposed is so good. You can read into the type of person he is by going through all of his history on other sites. He uses the same handle for god sakes lol

"gaming culture"? "gaming lifestyle"? Some of y'all kill me with that nonsense. Gaming is something to do o pass the tyime, its a hobby at best a waste of time at worst there is no culture or lifestyle to be had. Half of this nonsense is people trying to turn something they like into something more than it can be. Dumb hit, just like "white culture"

Slayven

Slayven, the Civ games have had that espionage stuff built in since like Civ IV

I frequently use spies and sabotage to wreck a nation's infrastructure, foment rebellions and the like before invading

Never really played a Civ game, will have to check it out

andthebeatgoeson

I watched that black fraternity movie on Netflix called Burning Sands. I don't know why anyone would go through some shit like that just to get some rep and networking. Branding someone like a damn cow. If it was any other situation those dudes would've gotten stole on. I can see this movie getting nominated solely for its ending.

I don't think sororities are nearly that bad, but I didn't want to join one because of I heard of dumb shit happening too. I know it's sterepotypical, but I was thinking about being an AKA.
Besides hazing, expectations that can be out of control, a hive mindset for some, there was rumors you had to pay. Like, kick up significant money. This was all rumor to me but i was not feeling it.

I have some peeps from college who never need an association or special handshake. And I'm glad i stayed away from it. The forced association or fake ass smile. The Greek life is "interesting". It works for some and not from others

LionPride

Banned
Greek life is a good networking tool. After knowing my cousin got beat up, branded, and had to get blackout drunk though...yeah that's a no from me.

It is literally a Ideological war going on outside.

It aint safe.

Literally having to defend wether you have the right to be here or not.

And they smile in your face, while they secretly hate you....

but the possible confusing irony is that they wish they were you except without all the missed opportunities of course....They wish they could talk like you, dance like you, cook like you.

Wish they meet someone new and give a funny handshake in understanding. Wish they could be strong enough to have almost everything in their world be against them and still have the strength to move on and succeed.

I was writing a post but I felt some poetry come out lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom