• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT17| - Thanks, Obama

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedSwirl

Gamefaqs has really gone from socially awkward teenage nerds to full grown socially defunct manchildren.

What happened? Haven't been on those forums since... 2006 or something?

Come to think of it I stopped needing to go to GameFAQs around the start of last gen when games started putting in so many anti-frustration features I no longer needed FAQs and guides to help me out.

And Zelda is the first game in a long-ass time where I could actually imagine buying a guide after I'm done with the main game to make sure I didn't miss anything.

Malyse

Jandro's cute date:

C643aBXU8AAFCm9.jpg

C64tbG_WcAEszej.jpg

C642nIkU8AIP3xG.jpg

C6426xbUwAACafs.jpg

C640ccIWoAINhm2.jpg

Currently in police custody.

I just got Wind Waker. Now I finally have something to play.
My white friend from school called me today and said he wanted to give me something for my birthday. I didn't want to talk to him because of the some of the racist stuff I told y'all about a couple years ago. I've been ignoring his texts lately mainly because he was sending me stupid shit like "Do you have any toilet paper" or "What if Captain America started punching Mexicans".If he had some questionable shit again I would've just told him right then that I'd cut him off.

SWV got a biopic in the works.

Day 1

"S, double, u, s, V.... SS, double, u, double v,... s double u, v v.... LOVE WILL BE RIGHT HERE"

*roger rabbits to class*

Slayven

My white friend from school called me today and said he wanted to give me something for my birthday. I didn't want to talk to him because of the some of the racist stuff I told y'all about a couple years ago. I've been ignoring his texts lately mainly because he was sending me stupid shit like "Do you have any toilet paper" or "What if Captain America started punching Mexicans".If he had some questionable shit again I would've just told him right then that I'd cut him off.

capamer-villains-armadillo.jpg

Antonio Rodriguez

Roberto Velasquez

Dai101

Banned
Jandro's cute date:

Currently in police custody.

Brown horse and blonde mare. We all know were this was heading.

One conservative says single payer healthcare and folks are like this would redeem Trump, I'd vote Republican for this....

Terrfying.

Them white moderates. ALWAYS

Wonder what's his GAF username....

Lucini

Banned
So, in a very random event I was given a Switch today as a gift from a friend as an apparent make up gift for not getting me anything for the last few birthdays (something I didn't care much about anyway, but cool to know I have friends keeping track!). I was surprised for various reasons. One being that I was under the impression the stock was super low for this right now, and neither I nor he has ever been a Nintendo person. I never owned a Nintendo console. I had a GBA, DS and 3DS, but never played them a whole lot. Hell, I gave my 3DS to my ex when we were still together for unlimited anal privileges and never looked back.

Sometimes, Gaming side, y'all...

SMH, where's that NeoGAF fade gif?

akira28

"gaming culture"? "gaming lifestyle"? Some of y'all kill me with that nonsense. Gaming is something to do o pass the tyime, its a hobby at best a waste of time at worst there is no culture or lifestyle to be had. Half of this nonsense is people trying to turn something they like into something more than it can be. Dumb hit, just like "white culture"

Agree. but companies\medium\fandom did try to create a gamer lifestyle template. Not that its legit in any way, but they tried to create an identity they knew people would see as easy to adopt, and a community that anyone with a joystick could join. Unfortunately the walls were full of resentful and racist manbabies, and their teenage sidekicks. so they were destined to fail. But they did get an awful lot of people to subscribe.

Wish they meet someone new and give a funny handshake in understanding. Wish they could be strong enough to have almost everything in their world be against them and still have the strength to move on and succeed.

I was writing a post but I felt some poetry come out lol

lol funny how that happens

LotusHD

Banned
Just so I'll know, are there any differences between the Wii U and Gamecube versions of Wind Waker?

Off the top of my head, you get the map and inventory through the gamepad, and the Wii U version lets you get the Swift Sail, which if I recall correctly, lets you go sail without having the wind blow in the direction you're heading. Might be 2x speed as well. At the very least, I know it's far more efficient to travel the overworld in the Wii U version.

Oh, and the Triforce hunting section is more streamlined, though I do not recall how exactly.

----

Finished Nier. Story had me shook, to say the least.

zeemumu

Really? Bet.

They have an hour-long discussion on Get Out and subversion of expectations and interracial relationship experiences and people trying too hard to not seem racist by putting a constant focus on race during casual conversation and discounting the blackness of others because they don't fit the standard of what you consider to be black behavior.

I was listening to it on the way to and from my final and while I sobbed in the corner because I have to go back for this retake tomorrow that I don't even know if I'll be allowed to retake because there was apparently a place to sign up that I didn't hear about until after the official final.

LionPride

Banned
They have an hour-long discussion on Get Out and subversion of expectations and interracial relationship experiences and people trying too hard to not seem racist by putting a constant focus on race during casual conversation and discounting the blackness of others because they don't fit the standard of what you consider to be black behavior.

I was listening to it on the way to and from my final and while I sobbed in the corner because I have to go back for this retake tomorrow that I don't even know if I'll be allowed to retake because there was apparently a place to sign up that I didn't hear about until after the official final.
Dope, I just downloaded the pod.

And of course Stephanie McMahon gotta be all up on the screen when he hits that milestone. She is fuckin shameless
Or Xavier could've legit asked her. Either way, it'll be a nice change of pace to see Steph act like a person instead of being her corporate heel self.
Just so I'll know, are there any differences between the Wii U and Gamecube versions of Wind Waker?
To add onto what people said about the faster sailing, it's an optional item that makes you go faster. You can buy it at the auction house on Windfall Island. Triforce hunting was changed to have actual Triforce pieces in certain chests instead of the charts themselves. Also I think they changed the default wallet maximum, but I'm not 100% on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom