• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT17| - Thanks, Obama

Status
Not open for further replies.

mr jones

Ethnicity is not a race!
Opening a bottle with a lighter is one of those cool kid things that I wish I could do.

- Whistle with 2 fingers/through my teeth
- Shuffle poker chips/roll a poker chip across my knuckles
- Juggle
- Dance like every other damn black person can. :(

Opening a bottle with a lighter is one of those cool kid things that I wish I could do.

- Whistle with 2 fingers/through my teeth
- Shuffle poker chips/roll a poker chip across my knuckles
- Juggle
- Dance like every other damn black person can. :(
I can only whistle by inhaling so. Ain't alone lol.

Gotta take this shit a day at a time.

I wanna smoke again but I keep having doubts about starting again for some reason.

Dunkey on youtube is pretty funny, I just found him the other day.

I watched that black fraternity movie on Netflix called Burning Sands. I don't know why anyone would go through some shit like that just to get some rep and networking. Branding someone like a damn cow. If it was any other situation those dudes would've gotten stole on. I can see this movie getting nominated solely for its ending.

I don't think sororities are nearly that bad, but I didn't want to join one because of I heard of dumb shit happening too. I know it's sterepotypical, but I was thinking about being an AKA.

Dai101

Banned
What did TB do? He makes some of the best gaming content on Youtube.

0H4FWL7.png

**Disclaimer: I don't follow internet/youtube personalities outside car mechanics, TAS/speedrun, builders and the like.

zeemumu

TB took the most karmic L I've seen in my life. That fuck told someone to get cancer and die over a Twitter beef and ended up with a terminal cancer.

That borders on Final Destination levels of disproportion based on how common comments like that are (even here), but I don't think that's why people are mad. Seems like something JonTron-related. I guess he defended him or something? I don't know. I'm too tired. My brain's full of linear algebra and is at capacity. Can't flush it until tomorrow.

shingi70

Banned
It's been only 12 hours since Colin left and dude has sent full on fuckery.

But I k ew that nigga wasn't shit, when he said kinda funny was diverse and he doesn't play identity politics and he couldn't see how having different view points from people of different races, gender, and sexual orientation would help.

Waypoint podcast is the best gaming related podcast out right now, I just wish they'd pull in Gita Jackson to work for the site.

Damn, this fan animation for Logan by Samkat Yin is one of the coolest things I've seen lately. And it was made by layering animation over GTA V's director mode.

source.gif

It is utterly fascinating to me how the validity of the so called critic consensus largely varies on the topic at hand: See Zelda vs Ghostbusters vs Gone Home...

LionPride

Banned
It is utterly fascinating to me how the validity of the so called critic consensus largely varies on the topic at hand: See Zelda vs Ghostbusters vs Gone Home...
It's so funny

"Well of course everyone loved Zelda, it's the best game ever!"

"Well, critics don't know what they're talking about in regards to *insert something that a person likes*"

It's hilarious

It's so funny

"Well of course everyone loved Zelda, it's the best game ever!"

"Well, critics don't know what they're talking about in regards to *insert something that a person likes*"

It's hilarious

It's just so utterly transparent... when people gave Ghostbusters an alright score it was only because clearly they were being pressured by SJWs, people loved Gone Home... yeah right only because they're SJWS, Jim Sterling gives Zelda a 7/10 and gets harassed? Well what did he expect doing something so controversial... like obviously he just gave the game, that all other critics whose consensus is now law now that they're talking about something I like, to spite me and other Zelda fans. Should have given it at least a 9 to avoid being DDoS or, if he also wanted to avoid me calling him scum of the industry and a fucking CU next Tuesday, a 10 like everyone else whose opinion now counts.

And you know in a week where a bunch of video game youtubers showed their asses yet again (and really none of the three were doing it for the first time) I'll take Jim Sterling, a man who was once the lowest of the low in terms of bigoted assholes when he wrote for Destructoid but managed to grow the fuck up and be a better human being, and his 7/10

LionPride

Banned
It's just so utterly transparent... when people gave Ghostbusters an alright score it was only because clearly they were being pressured by SJWs, people loved Gone Home... yeah right only because they're SJWS, Jim Sterling gives Zelda a 7/10 and gets harassed? Well what did he expect doing something so controversial... like obviously he just gave the game, that all other critics whose consensus is now law now that they're talking about something I like, to spite me and other Zelda fans. Should have given it at least a 9 to avoid being DDoS or, if he also wanted to avoid me calling him scum of the industry and a fucking CU next Tuesday, a 10 like everyone else whose opinion now counts.

And you know in a week where a bunch of video game youtubers showed their asses yet again (and really none of the three were doing it for the first time) I'll take Jim Sterling, a man who was once the lowest of the low in terms of bigoted assholes when he wrote for Destructoid but managed to grow the fuck up and be a better human being, and his 7/10
It's fucking dumb. People take review scores so seriously. But when it invalidates their opinion, it doesn't matter. It's because of the SJWs/the women/the blacks/etc...

And I'm saying this as a person who said something I fucking really dislike myself for, I honestly believed some scores for Ghostbusters were because it was women and people felt the need to rate it higher than it really was.

Realized the error of my dumbass ways.

Still don't like that movie, dug Kate and Cecily Strong for her 20 seconds

It's fucking dumb. People take review scores so seriously. But when it invalidates their opinion, it doesn't matter. It's because of the SJWs/the women/the blacks/etc...

And I'm saying this as a person who said something I fucking really dislike myself for, I honestly believed some scores for Ghostbusters were because it was women and people felt the need to rate it higher than it really was.

Realized the error of my dumbass ways.

Still don't like that movie, dug Kate and Cecily Strong for her 20 seconds

I think Ghostbusters was the only time I really followed Rotten Tomatoes scores and that was just because everyone kept arguing as if this is the worst movie of the year was the general consensus instead of this movie is ok..whatever, which was basically what it was, I loved it but I can see why others woudln't and I can see why others still would find it just ok...

Once I saw Godhand got a 3 from IGN and I played it and realized its a fun ass game,

I completely stopped giving a fuuuuuuuuckkkkk about review scores.

Whats the point, Im gonna play what I want anyway.

LionPride

Banned
I think Ghostbusters was the only time I really followed Rotten Tomatoes scores and that was just because everyone kept arguing as if this is the worst movie of the year was the general consensus instead of this movie is ok..whatever, which was basically what it was, I loved it but I can see why others woudln't and I can see why others still would find it just ok...
Yeah, to me, the movie wasn't funny but I wasn't gonna shit on someone who found it hilarious. Shit the original isn't that funny either. Guess the two were more alike than what angry nerds on the internet would like to believe...

Yeah, to me, the movie wasn't funny but I wasn't gonna shit on someone who found it hilarious. Shit the original isn't that funny either. Guess the two were more alike than what angry nerds on the internet would like to believe...

I have my beliefs that particular issues in the gaming community come from the fact that folks seem to want games to get the respect of art but the criticism of a consumer electronic or toy.

Like that's pretty much where Gamergate comes from, well alongside naked bigotry of course.

LionPride

Banned
I have my beliefs that particular issues in the gaming community come from the fact that folks seem to want games to get the respect of art but the criticism of a consumer electronic or toy.

Like that's pretty much where Gamergate comes from, well alongside naked bigotry of course.
Yep, people want they shit critized as high art but don't want what comes with it. They don't want the criticism about a lack of diversity, a lack of minorities or women or LGBT in the industry itself, people just want to enjoy they shit like it don't matter. But it does. It matters that whem the recognizable black figures in gaming topic was brought up, only two were mentioned. It matters that I can't name a whole lotta female voice actors, especially non white ones. It matters that the industry is not exactly welcoming to women, to LGBTQ, to racial minorties, but it's just video games. It don't matter.

It's stupid.

Yep, people want they shit critized as high art but don't want what comes with it. They don't want the criticism about a lack of diversity, a lack of minorities or women or LGBT in the industry itself, people just want to enjoy they shit like it don't matter. But it does. It matters that whem the recognizable black figures in gaming topic was brought up, only two were mentioned. It matters that I can't name a whole lotta female voice actors, especially non white ones. It matters that the industry is not exactly welcoming to women, to LGBTQ, to racial minorties, but it's just video games. It don't matter.

It's stupid.

And you know Sci-Fi recently had a similar sort of Gamergate thing with the Hugo Awards but it's amazing how that industry rose up and shut that shit down while the Gaming Industry Press, Developers and Players) failed so miserably...

LionPride

Banned
And you know Sci-Fi recently had a similar sort of Gamergate thing with the Hugo Awards but it's amazing how that industry rose up and shut that shit down while the Gaming Industry Press, Developers and Players) failed so miserably...
Because the Gaming Industry doesn't care. They know how many people are just vile individuals, but in the same vein as Michael Jordan, Republicans buy Jordans too. Alt-Righters buy games too.

It's...maddening.

Because the Gaming Industry doesn't care. They know how many people are just vile individuals, but in the same vein as Michael Jordan, Republicans buy Jordans too. Alt-Righters buy games too.

It's...maddening.

The Jordan line is exactly what I was thinking of too...

And yeah it's why I really don't feel a part of the gaming community....

Video games wanna be movies so bad but they are basically stuck in the late 50'a era of film making.

It's pretty bad. Movie critics are light-years beyond any game critic I've ever seen aside from like, two.

I've never felt like this was a community. People calling me horrible heinous shit over counter strike because I didn't cap the bomb in time? The Advent of voice chat just made it so they could tell you themselves that you're a faggot nigger kike.

This has never been a community. If it is, it's the most toxic one around.

LionPride

Banned
The Jordan line is exactly what I was thinking of too...

And yeah it's why I really don't feel a part of the gaming community....
I don't blame you.

Even if I wasn't broke as hell and about to enter college, even if I could buy new games every week and dispose of 62 dollars on a whim, I still wouldn't call myself a gamer. These fools are abysmal.

I'll stick to picking up Madden/2K, a major game I wanted a couple years ago, and 4 games during various PS4 flash sales and remain not part of the community.

I don't feel like my black voice is heard, I don't matter in this industry. My black ass is about to major in Comp Sci and I know I have a better chance in this racist ass industry as a whole than in gaming.

Honestly it's why I still feel kind of ashamed and stuff when I get the eye when people see my games on my shelf.

It's so toxic and childish that I don't think it will ever divorce itself from being "oh yeah that kids thing"

I don't blame you.

Even if I wasn't broke as hell and about to enter college, even if I could buy new games every week and dispose of 62 dollars on a whim, I still wouldn't call myself a gamer. These fools are abysmal.

I'll stick to picking up Madden/2K, a major game I wanted a couple years ago, and 4 games during various PS4 flash sales and remain not part of the community.

I don't feel like my black voice is heard, I don't matter in this industry. My black ass is about to major in Comp Sci and I know I have a better chance in this racist ass industry as a whole than in gaming.

Yeah and LGB let alone trans representation is frequently zero...

Which is why Gone Home and Life is Strange
the kiss only happening in the I chose to let the love of my life die ending notwithstanding
are so important to me... two games that have made me cry...

Hre's the thing I think video games like comic books offer some of the most absurd narratives I've ever seen, and I mean that in a great way....

God on a side note I miss the old 1UP Podcasts... I think I love the idea of video games more than the reality (I also kinda am not great at them which is why I bemoan the lack of cheats and what not)

Yeah and LGB let alone trans representation is frequently zero...

Which is why Gone Home and Life is Strange
the kiss only happening in the I chose to let the love of my life die ending notwithstanding
are so important to me... two games that have made me cry...

Hre's the thing I think video games like comic books offer some of the most absurd narratives I've ever seen, and I mean that in a great way....

God on a side note I miss the old 1UP Podcasts... I think I love the idea of video games more than the reality (I also kinda am not great at them which is why I bemoan the lack of cheats and what not)

Check out the Waypoint podcast... probably the most diverse one out there.

Austin Walker is doing good things.

Check out the Waypoint podcast... probably the most diverse one out there.

Austin Walker is doing good things.

Thanks i will...

I did get to meet all the 1UP guys once at PAX (minus the Retronauts screw sadly as I had to pick between them or Wil Wheaton and Wesley Crusher was my jam growing up) even got a cool stuffed animal directly from Shane Shane Bettenhausen and got all their signatures... shortly before they all completely split apart... I'm glad Retronauts is still alive I used to take three day cross Canada bus trips and I would also listen to Retronauts for hours upon hours... Their Survival Horror episode is literally something I listen too once or twice a year

I miss Jenn Frank :(

Thanks i will...

I did get to meet all the 1UP guys once at PAX (minus the Retronauts screw sadly as I had to pick between them or Wil Wheaton and Wesley Crusher was my jam growing up) even got a cool stuffed animal directly from Shane Shane Bettenhausen and got all their signatures... shortly before they all completely split apart... I'm glad Retronauts is still alive I used to take three day cross Canada bus trips and I would also listen to Retronauts for hours upon hours... Their Survival Horror episode is literally something I listen too once or twice a year

I miss Jenn Frank :(

No prob. I was more of a 1up show person. I remember the huge amount of production they put into it and to make the actual roundtables interesting.

Not too many things have that production value these days.

EDIT: Oh yeah this theme was the best. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TfK1tUrGJ4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom