• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT17| - Thanks, Obama

Status
Not open for further replies.
My nigga.

I spent every dime I got on these and He-man action figures.
Left my Ram Man at daycare once and some little shit drew all over him, destroyed in less than one day. Remember madballs?
Toys and collectables are wack these days.
Officially old.

Garbage Pail Kids was top tier 80s kid technology.

Amazing as cards. almost useless as stickers...(currency value dropped)
those, the little m.u.s.c.l.e. figures, and of course Army Ants.

Yeah..good times. Also loved collecting them stupid Madballs lol.

Are you looking to do long or short cooking?

Longer cooking + Big Crowd will require
  • Immersion Circulator $80-$1,000
  • Vaccumm Sealer + food sealing bags $80-$400
  • Cambro containers, plastic = better insulation (Instead of cooking pots.) $35

Short Cooking + Starter cooking
  • Complete Sous Vide Machine
  • Zip Lock freeze bags

High Budget (Comes with sealer): https://goo.gl/XNRsM4

Budget starter but still good: https://goo.gl/wQtAVM

I personally recommend starting off with a vacuum sealer, its way better than zip lock bags.

Commercial grade food bags are always better quality and result than Ziplock imo: https://goo.gl/H62fHT

And of course for your meats you'll want to get yourself a good searing pan, I like to use stainless steel but you can also use cast iron of course..

I might be missing something, but I think I covered the basics for starting out, when you get used to it and if you like it a lot, you'll definitely want to challenge yourself with the stand alone pieces and immersion circulator route especially if you're cooking for a big crowd.
Geez lol and I thought I could get away with this:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00UKPBXM4/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Thanks for all the info I'm going to look through it

Enzom21

Yeah..good times. Also loved collecting them stupid Madballs lol.

The movie was the hottest of garbage but I loved it.
garbage-pail-kids-02.jpg

The best thing about the 80s, almost every toy had a cartoon.
madballs.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

Stuff like this gives me no hope, but I'm holding out on good networks. What'd you study?
Biology, I've mainly been applying for lab tech positions. Admittedly it's not the best major straight out of college but it's versatile for a lot of entry positions. I interview well and have been commended on that but no dice. I wanna go for my masters but I want to save up as much as I can before doing it and retail won't cut it. A buddy of mine just found his first job 2 years after finishing his BS in computer science.

Slayven

Biology, I've mainly been applying for lab tech positions. Admittedly it's not the best major straight out of college but it's versatile for a lot of entry positions. I interview well and have been commended on that but no dice. I wanna go for my masters but I want to save up as much as I can before doing it and retail won't cut it. A buddy of mine just found his first job 2 years after finishing his BS in computer science.

The Trap House is always hiring

Q2tUalZ.jpg

Sch1sm

Is it just me? Or since dude who shot up the mosque in Quebec was revealed to be white, I ain't heard shit about it since then.

Yeah. Canadian media still blowing up over it, but my social media seems surprisingly quiet, and American outlets aren't out in arms calling him a terrorist. Standard stuff. He ain't brown or Muslim enough to be consistent news.

Samara

Is it just me? Or since dude who shot up the mosque in Quebec was revealed to be white, I ain't heard shit about it since then.

It was ''reverse terrorism'' as one one the quebec anchor told on the news. They're straight shook. They wanna act so slick as to they're never racist. Never them, alaways the other. Never watch quebec television cause I can't deal with the coons ok with it.

Izuna

Banned
America was built on racism. I mean most white people who voted voted for trump.

There was a thread a while back that had me read some debate Lincoln had with his opponent (memory escapes me). I was like... "what on earth?"

It never stops opening my eyes. I'm worried that they'll fall out right from their sockets.

In a way, I don't want to be ignorant again.

Or rather, it ain't fucking possible since Trump and Brexit is daily news.

Same shit happened with Orlando when it was found that the guy was just a closeted homophobe and his only connection to Al Qaeda was the phone call he made before shooting the club. (And being brown)

Izuna

Banned
Like, shit. You really don't need to look back to see blatant history even from the outside. The present has enough to wake people up.

Izuna

Banned
Hello little England

I feel it these looks

:|

How do you guys deal with being the only non-white for miles? (very slight exaggeration)

Johndoey

Banned
According to Spicer the travel ban isn't a travel ban, because it isn't a total shut down of all travel. Because of course, how silly of us, how could a ban on travel be considered a travel ban.
--
DeVos getting a pass is a tragedy. Even if by some miracle she doesn't end up with the position she shouldn't have gotten anywhere near it.

How have I lived so long without a George Foreman grill?

Not having to go outside in 20 degree cold to smoke and grill, just changed the damn game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom