• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT17| - Thanks, Obama

Status
Not open for further replies.

LotusHD

Banned
Gradually getting tired of the continual posts from people that randomly put down either Zelda or Horizon in order to praise whichever game they're into more. Like if you prefer one over the other, that's great, but why put down another game to do it lol, just keep it to yourselves lol

Yeah

I just wish Bret wasn't so crabby, I actually like him as a wrestler.

I met Randy Orton in real life when I was seven. Him, Charlie Haas, Mark Henry, and Viscera were at a Hooters. If he wasn't such a shitheel I may like him. He posed and everything.

If I was a wrestler I'd be such a massive dick in public. Not even gonna front. I mean, I'm sorta dickish now at conferences because everyone knows me and wants to sit down and talk and all that shit and a lot of em smell like low self esteem and dirty fleshlights.

LionPride

Banned
Gradually getting tired of the continual posts from people that randomly put down either Zelda or Horizon in order to praise whichever game they're into more. Like if you prefer one over the other, that's great, but why put down another game to do it lol, just keep it to yourselves lol
Horizon looks fine, Zelda looks fine, I hope they both do well *shrug*

If I was a wrestler I'd be such a massive dick in public. Not even gonna front. I mean, I'm sorta dickish now at conferences because everyone knows me and wants to sit down and talk and all that shit and a lot of em smell like low self esteem and dirty fleshlights.
Well damn

Village

... What the fuck is this bloodwar i never new about. Really people think Horizon is coming for zelda? That's strange. I'm way more interested in horizon than zelda, but zelda's fine.

Easiest answer? Because you're gradually getting tired of the continual posts from people that randomly put down those games you like. If no one listened or responded to them, they'd likely stop. Or, you know, put those people on your ignore list..

Bronx-Man

Banned
I like Breath of the Wild because it feels just like a Miyazaki movie. Well, except for the whole 'having a female protagonist' thing.

LionPride

Banned
Meh, like I said he found time for me when he was under no obligation too. Bret Hart might take the business too seriously at times but I think that's also what made him so great.

That's completely fair and a good reason to like dude. He has more personality than Lance Storm so it's gucci

Crocodile

How ya gonna eat meat that's not cooked tho

picard.png

Medium or even Medium-Well is cooked

Well Done is just a slab of charcoal for most cuts of beef

LotusHD

Banned
... What the fuck is this bloodwar i never new about. Really people think Horizon is coming for zelda? That's strange. I'm way more interested in horizon than zelda, but zelda's fine.

Happens semi-often whenever a thread for either game is up, normally along the lines of "Horizon/Zelda is alright, but insert not-so-subtle way that I think Horizon/Zelda does X better".

There was even a thread that directly compared the two awhile back. I wouldn't really say its a blood-war, but a rivalry of sorts is definitely present lol

Easiest answer? Because you're gradually getting tired of the continual posts from people that randomly put down those games you like. If no one listened or responded to them, they'd likely stop. Or, you know, put those people on your ignore list..

Nah, I am excited for Zelda, whereas I am "wait and see" for Horizon. In general, I've always found it annoying when people randomly put down another game in order to praise another in a thread that never called for it. Just pointed out those two specific games because they're the most prominent examples at the moment, as the comparisons are going to be made due to their proximity to one another(and other stuff I guess...) , for better or for worse. I just find it amusing when you got people all hyped in the Horizon thread, and then suddenly someone talks about how much it looks better than Zelda. And then vice-versa for the Zelda threads. Like I'm more interested in Zelda myself, but I ain't gonna go and gush all about it in a Horizon thread. It reeks of insecurity to me in a way when people do that, but meh, whatever.

As for responding to them, I rarely do that, because I don't want to be the one to help derail the thread. And as far as ignore lists go, I don't pay enough attention to notice if it's the same culprit(s) to bother considering such a thing. Even if it was, I wouldn't, because in the end it's just a minor annoyance, not something I would be disgusted to read or so.

Trey

I don't even know why people go into threads of games they're clearly not interested in. I knew for a while horizon wasn't for me, no point in me ruining other people's good time.

LionPride

Banned
Happens semi-often whenever a thread for either game is up, normally along the lines of "Horizon/Zelda is alright, but insert not-so-subtle way that I think Horizon/Zelda does X better".

There was even a thread that directly compared the two awhile back. I wouldn't really say its a blood-war, but a rivalry of sorts is definitely present lol

Nah, I am excited for Zelda, whereas I am "wait and see" for Horizon. In general, I've always found it annoying when people randomly put down another game in order to praise another in a thread that never called for it. Just pointed out those two specific games because they're the most prominent examples at the moment, as the comparisons are going to be made due to their proximity to one another(and other stuff I guess...) , for better or for worse. I just find it amusing when you got people all hyped in the Horizon thread, and then suddenly someone talks about how much it looks better than Zelda. And then vice-versa for the Zelda threads. Like I'm more interested in Zelda myself, but I ain't gonna go and gush all about it in a Horizon thread. It reeks of insecurity to me in a way when people do that, but meh, whatever.

As for responding to them, I rarely do that, because I don't want to be the one to help derail the thread. And as far as ignore lists go, I don't pay enough attention to notice if it's the same culprit(s) to bother considering such a thing. Even if it was, I wouldn't, because in the end it's just a minor annoyance, not something I would be disgusted to read or so.
Folks like randomly putting down something they perceive as competition...it can be seen when it comes to certain movies based off of comic books especially...

LotusHD

Banned
I don't even know why people go into threads of games they're clearly not interested in. I knew for a while horizon wasn't for me, no point in me ruining other people's good time.

Basically this.

Folks like randomly putting down something they perceive as competition...it can be seen when it comes to certain movies based off of comic books especially...

"You're not smart enough to get BvS"

I don't even know why people go into threads of games they're clearly not interested in.

Because it pisses people off lol..seriously. Shit. I go into threads where I like a thing, but make a comment about something I don't agree with or dislike, and fools go ape shit. SFV threads always has their FGC fucks that jump at your neck if you say one thing negative. These comic book movie threads tend to have the same craziness.

I laugh at it..others take pleasure in watching folks seemingly fall apart. People need to just skip over those folks..

Dude in the Zelda thread trying to say it should be rated M and like the Witcher lol. Like. Are you high?

LotusHD

Banned
Because it pisses people off lol..seriously. Shit. I go into threads where I like a thing, but make a comment about something I don't agree with or dislike, and fools go ape shit. SFV threads always has their FGC fucks that jump at your neck if you say one thing negative. These comic book movie threads tend to have the same craziness.

I laugh at it..others take pleasure in watching folks seemingly fall apart. People need to just skip over those folks..

True, it's a fine balance at times, where you feel like if you say anything remotely negative in a thread where everyone is all positive, then yea, you will be mobbed lol

But that being said, some people I be seeing in those threads know damn well they just want to get everyone all riled up lol

Dude in the Zelda thread trying to say it should be rated M and like the Witcher lol. Like. Are you high?

Lmao I remember that post

Apparently Nier sort of satisfies that itch though... I wanna play it.

"Chris (Rock) was calling me like he was robbing a bank. He was like to this offer is like crazy. I don't even want to say it out loud" - Neal Brennan on the Netflix deal

*Twitch*

Lol, Lance just seems to hate wrestling when he talks about the business. He's a Canadian Jim Cornette. Pretty good performer though, just had less charisma than the Great Khali.

Fun fact Lance Storm actually has my all time favorite promo line ever @ around 2:35

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2s9ekb

Nobody enjoys a good time more than I do but this business of yours is as a legitimate as a three legged donkey, which of course is illegitimate because... as we all know donkeys have four legs... whatever

I doubt Lance hates the business considering he runs from what I've heard is a great wrestling school and literally talks about the business all the time with Cyrus on his new podcast

Fun fact Lance Storm actually has my all time favorite promo line ever @ around 2:35

Nobody enjoys a good time more than I do but this business of yours is as a legitimate as a three legged donkey, which of course is illegitimate because... as we all know donkeys have four legs... whatever

I have to say I was def turned off of wrestling for a year due to the CM Punk interview with Colt Cabana and hearing about all the fuckery of the business of wrestling. Like that shit really got under my skin.

I have to say I was def turned off on wrestling for a year due to the CM Punk interview with Colt Cabana and hearing about all the fuckery of the business of wrestling. Like that shit really got under my skin.

Wrestling is probably legitimately the weirdest most bizarre business in the world. Like it's not hyperbole to call it carny as fuck

LionPride

Banned

I doubt Lance hates the business considering he runs from what I've heard is a great wrestling school and literally talks about the business all the time with Cyrus on his new podcast
he just seems so sour on anything going on in the WWE or Indies sometimes
Wrestling is probably legitimately the weirdest most bizarre business in the world. Like it's not hyperbole to call it carny as fuck
Wrestling is Carny af. Don't forget how many people have been killed because of wrestling. Like bruiser brody

Izuna

Banned
So like, if I get this room I'm viewing tmr and whatever's left in my account includes that Hamilton ticket, I'm in a very, very good position.

Gunna need some positive vibes.

~~

Rembrandt

Banned
So like, if I get this room I'm viewing tmr and whatever's left in my account includes that Hamilton ticket, I'm in a very, very good position.

Gunna need some positive vibes.

~~

Let us know how the show is and I hope it all works out. Any special occasion?

Izuna

Banned
Let us know how the show is and I hope it all works out. Any special occasion?

Thanks! I'll let you know in 13 months. (haha)

Besides my birthday, nothing particularly special. Just me finally picking myself up.

Finally understood the lesson of "help yourself so that you can help others".

Leg day was brutal. 240lbs x 10 reps.

Also I'm excited for Horizon. Plus with Wildlands, and Mass Effect I should be set until the Fall for games

--

*Pours out henny

Izuna

Banned
I'll think about hitting the gym. Never did before and that's just irresponsible for my one life, right?

Though, my brother was a body builder without a gym or equipment, so maybe I can do something like that.

Alt account.

I know a couple people who are alts from permas but I ain't snitching.

I'll think about hitting the gym. Never did before and that's just irresponsible for my one life, right?

Though, my brother was a body builder without a gym or equipment, so maybe I can do something like that.

Do it man. It's a good hobby, but it can get expensive once you look up supplements and accessory stuff.

Damn man. I benched 240 4 times and then dropped to 205 for 10 rep sets

Chest game skrong. Are you following a certain workout program or you just doing a typical week split at the moment?

LionPride

Banned

You could be like Bo Jackson and just hunt to body build

Depends on how you want to be, average, fit, athletic cut, etc. Some people, don't work out at all, and go through life fine cause walking is enough, considering they aren't overweight or obese.

Some people want to be aesthetically built and sculpted a different way with the plus of strength, high conditioning( if trained for), stamina and flexibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom