• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT17| - Thanks, Obama

Status
Not open for further replies.

Izuna

Banned
Depends on how you want to be, average, fit, athletic cut, etc. Some people, don't work out at all, and go through life fine cause walking is enough, considering they aren't overweight or obese.

Some people want to be aesthetically built and sculpted a different way with the plus of strength, high conditioning( if trained for), stamina and flexibility.

Thinking about, Strength training might be what I want. I've been skinny my whole life without a care, but I wouldn't mind having a broader upper body.

From what I know, that's me constantly increasing the weight, right?

Thinking about, Strength training might be what I want. I've been skinny my whole life without a care, but I wouldn't mind having a broader upper body.

From what I know, that's me constantly increasing the weight, right?

If you're just skinny do you lack body fat or are you skinny fat. Because strength training knocks down body fat with it being aerobics + weight lifting.

What you're thinking about is more core/shoulder & back focused training. Pull ups, Bench presses, push ups, lat Pulldowns, overhead presses, they help build a broader upper body to a limit. Frame size is genetic afterall. But you sure about being uneven and only focus on upper?

If you focus on building a wide shoulder length you might look to be a little more proportioned else where. Thats just how I am personally though, I feel like you need to even it all out at the end of the day.

giphy.gif

How do they find out who are alts?

Sl..Slayven? 😯

Izuna

Banned
If you're just skinny do you lack body fat or are you skinny fat. Because strength training knocks down body fat with it being aerobics + weight lifting.

What you're thinking about is more core/shoulder & back focused training. Pull ups, Bench presses, push ups, lat Pulldowns, overhead presses, they help build a broader upper body to a limit. Frame size is genetic afterall. But you sure about being uneven and only focus on upper?

If you focus on building a wide shoulder length you might look to be a little more proportioned else where. Thats just how I am personally though, I feel like you need to even it all out at the end of the day.

Like, I think I'm on the lower end of body fat for my age/bmi/height or whatever. My body building bro was freaking huge, so I know that's not I'm going for.

I usually wear coats etc. Just to feel like I have a border upper body. Something like a toned chest is a side effect from strength training, no?

I feel average, especially compare to when I did running in my police cadet days.

I also don't have too much time, so I figured that's the benefit. Or am I mistaken? 

I wouldn't mind doing some squats or running every now and then to avoid an uneven look.

There's something about dipping chicken in egg to put the breadcrumbs on it that seems a little harsh.

Ever heard of Oyako?
親子

Is pretty much the idea of mixing chicken and egg (usually raw) in Japan. It's quite gross but I don't mind eating it if it's in front of me.

Once my new thread is done cooking, no one will have to worry about diet racists or trolls in the bhm thread. I'm gonna give white people just what they have asked for all these years.

Do it man. It's a good hobby, but it can get expensive once you look up supplements and accessory stuff.

Chest game skrong. Are you following a certain workout program or you just doing a typical week split at the moment?

Doing a typical week split. Tomorrow will be more leg work and pull ups. Pull ups change everything

andthebeatgoeson

I'm curious if you were on the same network, would that trigger an alt ban. Like, i frequently use public networks at different job sites. You would see i predominately use my home network but if one of my co-workers popped off, would i be fucked? I mean, slay gets rowdy while pushing that broom, I'm not trying to catch a perm for his ms marvel love affair.

That The Wire gif

tZHhbJE.gif

I'm curious if you were on the same network, would that trigger an alt ban. Like, i frequently use public networks at different job sites. You would see i predominately use my home network but if one of my co-workers popped off, would i be fucked? I mean, slay gets rowdy while pushing that broom, I'm not trying to catch a perm for his ms marvel love affair.

Me and a co-worker are both GAF members and we haven't been sniped yet so i think you'd be fi----- <This user has been banned>

Izuna

Banned
Who does this?

*reserves quiet zone seat
*puts on earphones
*types on loud af laptop keyboard

BOO!

Just a few more days in land of no other minorities

Enzom21

Used to go down to this shop by my elementary school and spend all my lunch money on them + Garbage Pail Kids..
My nigga.
I spent every dime I got on these and He-man action figures.
Left my Ram Man at daycare once and some little shit drew all over him, destroyed in less than one day. Remember madballs?
Toys and collectables are wack these days.
Officially old.

akira28

Garbage Pail Kids was top tier 80s kid technology.

Amazing as cards. almost useless as stickers...(currency value dropped)
those, the little m.u.s.c.l.e. figures, and of course Army Ants.

I'm trying to get into it before the summer hits. Did you have to spend a lot to get all of the equipment?

Are you looking to do long or short cooking?

Longer cooking + Big Crowd will require
  • Immersion Circulator $80-$1,000
  • Vaccumm Sealer + food sealing bags $80-$400
  • Cambro containers, plastic = better insulation (Instead of cooking pots.) $35

Short Cooking + Starter cooking
  • Complete Sous Vide Machine
  • Zip Lock freeze bags

High Budget (Comes with sealer): https://goo.gl/XNRsM4

Budget starter but still good: https://goo.gl/wQtAVM

I personally recommend starting off with a vacuum sealer, its way better than zip lock bags.

Commercial grade food bags are always better quality and result than Ziplock imo: https://goo.gl/H62fHT

And of course for your meats you'll want to get yourself a good searing pan, I like to use stainless steel but you can also use cast iron of course..

I might be missing something, but I think I covered the basics for starting out, when you get used to it and if you like it a lot, you'll definitely want to challenge yourself with the stand alone pieces and immersion circulator route especially if you're cooking for a big crowd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom