• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT18| - Ma-ma-ma-MAXIMUM! Haram Achieved

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just gonna put this here, cause all progress is good progress. 🙌

Elle-Maria-Borges-Cover-1492091005-compressed.png

http://www.vibe.com/2017/04/maria-borges-elle-cover-star/

Maria Borges redefined beauty standards when she opted to rock her natural hair in the Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show two years in a row. Now, the Angolan model is at the center of another groundbreaking moment as the first African woman of the century to grace the cover of Elle—since Alek Wek in 1997.

Soooo about Finn sleeping?

Every trailer for the next four Star Wars movies is going to have a shot progressing toward Finn Van Winkle waking up. Episode VIII: Finn laying in his space bed. Episode IX: Finn's finger twitches. Episode X: Finn has a white beard and his eyes move underneath his eyelids. Episode XI: Finn's beard is down to his knees and his eyes open.

Episode XI: Finn Awakens.

Waldo with the assist..👍

---

Are y'all this dense? Luke lost a fucking hand and has one now. Literally stills of the man on his feet. The hate for that character is no doubt worse here than at a Klan rally..lol. Sad stuff.

Beefy

Every trailer for the next four Star Wars movies is going to have a shot progressing toward Finn Van Winkle waking up. Episode VIII: Finn laying in his space bed. Episode IX: Finn's finger twitches. Episode X: Finn has a white beard and his eyes move underneath his eyelids. Episode XI: Finn's beard is down to his knees and his eyes open.

Episode XI: Finn Awakens.

Can't wait for when Finn gets up and yells at some white boys for playing space football.

Izuna

Banned
Darren Brown's stuff is soooooo fakeeeeeeeee

"Matt, you're having a dreammmmmmm.... get dressed and listen to meeeeee"

Beefy

Did you go to Enigma? That one I really enjoyed (didn't see it live tho). But seeing his TV stuff, man I was impressionable af when I was 16...

Can't remember what it was. But he got a few boos, you could tell the people he picked from the audience were plants.

Izuna

Banned
I got mine free from work so it was ok, but I would have complained if I paid. They had one dude who was found out to be a extra in loads of UK films.

Enigma is/was his last show, so he probably stopped using plants towards the end of them. It's like 20% showmanship and 80% rigged, and it's only acceptable as a trick instead of using plants.. That's not very impressive.

Beefy

Enigma is/was his last show, so he probably stopped using plants towards the end of them. It's like 20% showmanship and 80% rigged, and it's only acceptable as a trick instead of using plants.. That's not very impressive.

I know for a fact he used actors in that zombie TV show he did. A guy I know was on it as a extra and he said every one was in on it.

Izuna

Banned
I know for a fact he used actors in that zombie TV show he did. A guy I know was on it as a extra and he said every one was in on it.

Yeah, his TV stuff are definitely staged, 100% of them.

They don't teach "dream like state" to the military.

This will be me later. Currently feeling good from the great workout

Gym + haircut combo, man that's powerful. Your barber appointments or walk ins? My old barber, which was crazy expensive, only did walk ins but my new one that is closer to HU let's me schedule a slot on a 3rd party website. Such a blessing.

I did some light cardio this morning so it wasn't anything special. I hate pure cardio days.

Gym + haircut combo, man that's powerful. Your barber appointments or walk ins? My old barber, which was crazy expensive, only did walk ins but my new one that is closer to HU let's me schedule a slot on a 3rd party website. Such a blessing.

I did some light cardio this morning so it wasn't anything special. I hate pure cardio days.

I scheduled it. Can't do a walk-in on a Friday. You'll be stuck there forever. I'll show up a bit early though. Want to see if I can get it done ASAP.

I hate those days too. I just can't fall in love with cardio. I just do tons of calf raises and push ups to keep the heart rate up

Shy

Mornin' everyone, happy friday.
Good morning/day/night
Good morning, peoples..
Morning y'all.
Afternoon BCT.
Mornin' BCT.
Evening evening.
I got good money on Finn being a Jedi at the end of these and Rey being some neutral force user person.
Yeah, i'm feeling the same way.
I will never not be amused with y'all and the Finn shit lol..
Yep. Same.

*glares at BCT* you lot need to stop with this fuckshit about brother Finn. It's some god-tier foolishness.
Loved both, personally..Rogue a little more.
Me too.
Man the persona games point out how fucked up Japanese society can be. Your brother fucking up at school can make you look bad at work.

Nobody cares about anything as long as everything is in order and you make no waves
You need to remember this Japanese saying.

"the nail that sticks out, gets hammered down"
Don't fucking post Ganguro in here please. It's borderline blackface.

Izuna

Banned
Bruh, the word can even be straight-up translated to mean black-face apparently...

One of the reasons why you shouldn't believe everything wikipedia says. There's no translation for it meaning this. Ganguro refers to the makeup, the name doesn't derive from meaning blackface (one dictionary simplified the meaning to it.)

I don't care for defending Ganguro, I think it looks silly, but it isn't blackface nor is it about looking like a black person (well, maybe more modern representation is).

YamambaMaskIzumi.jpg

Shy

I don't care for defending Ganguro, I think it looks silly, but it isn't blackface nor is it about looking like a black person (well, maybe more modern representation is).

YamambaMaskIzumi.jpg
Except your picture is misleading, as Ganguro is entirely a modern creation. And has no history in Noh theatre, or any other Japanese preforming arts.

It's a fashion trend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom