• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT18| - Ma-ma-ma-MAXIMUM! Haram Achieved

Status
Not open for further replies.
A wonderful Facebook sleuth figured out why Shea Moisture screwed up:

17992185_10155698763799381_5553484381463553821_n.jpg

"Nubian Heritage."

Jeezus. Yea... we're definitely dropping their brands. Sorry *shrugs*

Just because your last name is Hennessy don't mean...

let me stop.

Shea Moisture has been making money off black women with products clearly designed for natural black hair. Now they are trying to go big time and put out a commercial about "fighting hair hate" and being proud of the hair you have featuring...three white women and one light skinned black woman (note: I'm not hating on the black woman). Also I hear they've changed the formula for their products.

Needless to say, exodus from Shea Moisture is taking place because black women on Facebook and Twitter ain't having this bullshit. And Shea Moisture's social media account has been crazy tone deaf about the whole thing, and now I know exactly why (Heather Hennessy).
thanks for the summary, yea I might be dropping them as a brand if they don't give a good reply over this situation

Infinite

Shea Moisture has been making money off black women with products clearly designed for natural black hair. Now they are trying to go big time and put out a commercial about "fighting hair hate" and being proud of the hair you have featuring...three white women and one light skinned black woman (note: I'm not hating on the black woman). Also I hear they've changed the formula for their products.

Needless to say, exodus from Shea Moisture is taking place because black women on Facebook and Twitter ain't having this bullshit. And Shea Moisture's social media account has been crazy tone deaf about the whole thing, and now I know exactly why (Heather Hennessy).

Retweeting Tariq Nasheed defending them was tone deaf as all hell

Code:
[img]http://i.imgur.com/isbT45s.jpg[/img]

I mean I guess it's an apology but the fact that this whole thing went through an entire marketing team and everyone gave it an ok means I can't easily forgive them.

Gattsu25

Banned
I mean I guess it's an apology but the fact that this whole thing went through an entire marketing team and everyone gave it an ok means I can't easily forgive them.

I don't have a skin in the game since I don't buy their stuff (I'm....starting to look into As I Am's products 🙃) but I think it's impossible to watch the ad they put out and not feel fucked with.

If they didn't realize what they were doing then they need to introduce some more voices to their marketing team.

akira28

looked like someone forgot they were supposed to bring tacos, found some old tacos in the trash and decided to roll with it.

I was just glad it wasn't the brother.

I would say that it was a taco in name only, but it wasn't even that. it had chili. chili and cheese on a soggy tortilla.

looked like someone forgot they were supposed to bring tacos, found some old tacos in the trash and decided to roll with it.

I was just glad it wasn't the brother.

I would say that it was a taco in name only, but it wasn't even that. it had chili. chili and cheese on a soggy tortilla.

Yea when he said shredded cheese I was like "Noooooo"

At first I thought she was trying to go for a tostada with that flat corn tortilla but then that fuckin thing CURVED

How is that even possible!?

When I first saw it I thought the same, I was like "okay that person is cheating". Then dude pointed out it was that Horned chili, I was ctfu then when the shell curved fucking tears in my eyes!

darklin0

Banned
"They gave us the hard shi- WTF is that!?"

I'm dead.
man the shredded cheese is the best part of the taco, next to the crunchy shell.

Those are fighting words right there.

Numb

Mighty no.9 80% off should not get or should i not get it?
Also Slay they are having a sale on all the Neptunia games don't miss it

akira28

I am trying to decide between buying a new GTX1070 for I guess 300$ or so, or someone's used GTX970 for ~120$.

damn this instant gratification weakness.

(no I can't wait for a 1080, that's more performance than I would probably ever want, let alone need.)

970 is cheeeep. and can do everything I plan to do and more games wise. the 1070 is a future proofing move, but at some point I'm going to want to get a new mb/cpu, and if I'm splurging would I want to stop at a 1070? Luckily the dude sold it already so now I get to delay the decision till the next one.

Slayven

I am trying to decide between buying a new GTX1070 for I guess 300$ or so, or someone's used GTX970 for ~120$.

(no I can't wait for a 1080, that's more performance than I would probably ever want, let alone need.)
This is why i hate asking PC people about stuff. I say get the 1070, don't know what kinda of life is left in the used card

Sch1sm

Only get that 970 if it's still under warranty. My suggestion is the 1070, though. That's below retail. Hope it isn't the EVGA one, least the first batch. They had some thermal issues that they decided to just slap thermal pads on if you RMA it as their "fix."

---

Slay, the 970 still has plenty of use. It can play today's AAA games on high, some on ultra. It'll run hot, though, so hope you got good circulation and cooling?
Point a fan right at it, that's what a friend of mine did.

akira28

dammit...its probably nothing but EVGA first batches all the way down. (my last 3 were evga cards...) that would explain the 10% off trend.

lol its basically discipline, which I need to practice more of. be lazy and cheap or be a responsible computer games enthusiast and upgrade my pc the right way.

Gattsu25

Banned

970 is cheeeep. and can do everything I plan to do and more games wise. the 1070 is a future proofing move, but at some point I'm going to want to get a new mb/cpu, and if I'm splurging would I want to stop at a 1070? Luckily the dude sold it already so now I get to delay the decision till the next one.

1070 will last you for 4+ years. Get that.

Slayven

Only get that 970 if it's still under warranty. My suggestion is the 1070, though. That's below retail. Hope it isn't the EVGA one, least the first batch. They had some thermal issues that they decided to just slap thermal pads on if you RMA it as their "fix."

---

Slay, the 970 still has plenty of use. It can play today's AAA games on high, some on ultra. It'll run hot, though, so hope you got good circulation and cooling?
Point a fan right at it, that's what a friend of mine did.

I didn't mean it was a bad card in general , i meant you don't know if it been run hot shortening life or what ever. Maybe I am being basis but george washington between friends can cause undo static

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom