• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT18| - Ma-ma-ma-MAXIMUM! Haram Achieved

Status
Not open for further replies.

Numb

greetings
I am a children and a squildren

giphy-9.gif

Deepwater

didn't feel like making a thread in OT for this cause I didn't want #FFFFFF opinions on this

but, https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/27/opinion/black-people-are-not-all-living-in-hell.html?_r=0

In terms of wealth (as opposed to income), a 2014 study by Credit Suisse and Brandeis University found that wealth is more highly concentrated at the top among blacks than among whites, and that the concentration is growing at a faster pace among blacks than whites:

this tidbit is super interesting, and has confirmed a lot of my thoughts regarding educated blacks tendency to segregate wealth outside of poor black neighborhoods (some of which they come from)

rest of the article is pretty interesting as well

daffy

Banned
Yeah. Last time I went, I got there like 4 hours early for that Disney Interactive panel. I'll probably end up going early again (I don't know if it'll be THAT early but it'll be early) but I'll be more prepared this time around.
Best of luck to ya getting into all the panels. Hopefully there's quite alot to see on the floor

Slayven

didn't feel like making a thread in OT for this cause I didn't want #FFFFFF opinions on this

but, https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/27/opinion/black-people-are-not-all-living-in-hell.html?_r=0

this tidbit is super interesting, and has confirmed a lot of my thoughts regarding educated blacks tendency to segregate wealth outside of poor black neighborhoods (some of which they come from)

rest of the article is pretty interesting as well

2 things, i wonder if it growing because wealth among blacks is growing, and i am not shocked "making it out" is real.

Deepwater

2 things, i wonder if it growing because wealth among blacks is growing, and i am not shocked "making it out" is real.

it reinforces the fact that under capitalism there will always be an impoverished class. And by nature in America, capitalism is inherently racialized. Most growth to wealth is going to come to those who already had it.

Some folks need to put down the controller and pick up a book some times

Right? G'damn. I really naively thought nerds were the accepting, inclusive bunch when I was in middle/high school. But growing up, it's only become more and more clear that too many of those same people I hung out and shared hobbies with are just completely tactless and insulated/self-absorbed.

Beefy

It's stunning how quick the decline has been. Or maybe I'm just noticing it more.
---
She got to breathe through her skin tho. Amazing writing. Perfectly justified. Thank God for Kojima.

Nah it's got worse, people are more outspoken with their shit now. It doesn't help that you don't have a mod who just tells it how it is and then bans the dude. All we got now is a modbot .

Shy

Morning BCT.
Morning Black People.
Mornin' kinfolk.
Morning y'all
Top o' the mornin' BCT.
afternoon infidels
*nods* good Evening, fellow Inklings.
My deploma came in the mail
Congrats.
whats the point yall, to life, i dont get shit.
do you shit to make things better and lose them in an instance.
you keep fighting, for what, no point to this shit.
cmf7hDd.gif

"Doesn't take skill."

Ugh..Looks like that's on my daughter's list of "game I'll play for a month, then forget about" birthday presents..

Harley Quinn is only interesting cus she gets slapped about and threatened by death by Joker...

Man gaf is weird

Can't be taking away their..nah. Imma keep it clean. But you know what I'm saying. Folks go through weird fantasy trips with media..extra nasty with that particular character.

zeemumu

Harley Quinn is only interesting cus she gets slapped about and threatened by death by Joker...

Man gaf is weird

I like Harley because she's clearly far more capable than anyone gives her credit for.

I also find it kinda weird when people idolize her and Joker's relationship.He's tried to kill her/left her to die on multiple occasions and clearly cares more about Batman than he does about her. Those shouldn't be relationship goals. She's far better off with Ivy.

If you want the ideal relationship of two really fucked up people, look at Gomez and Morticia Addams. THAT'S an ideal relationship.

Man gaf is weird

Yikes. Where is this convo happening?

Love Harley but her freeing herself from the Joker and that abusive cycle and going on to explore her sexuality/actually develop a truly romantic and caring relationship with another villain has made her a lot more intriguing and dynamic.

Being a punching bag sidekick was mildly funny for a bit but certain comics and BTAS episodes made it clear how sad and kind of stuck the character was. One of the best Harley eps in BTAS was the one where she was released from jail and tries to turn over a new leaf minus the Joker. She stopped being defined by the Joker and started to form new relationships. It was fantastic. She's great as the fun-loving dopey foil to Batman's stoic persona. People who love Harley because she's the Joker's sexy lapdog really scare me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom