• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT18| - Ma-ma-ma-MAXIMUM! Haram Achieved

Status
Not open for further replies.
WELP.

Good luck to you Lion.

Lion right now:

1062.gif

LionPride

Banned
I know two things about nas, oochi wally was problematic as fuck, and nas fans i met always think they smarter than they relaly are. Not quite hoteps, but Hotep adjacent
This isn't false
WELP.

Good luck to you Lion.

FUCK

I hate anime and I don't fetishize Asians

I respect myself as a human being

Whew, I think I'm not gonna be Slayven

D i Z

The idea is that the race came to be when a failing Homo sapiens subspecies and a failing subspecies of alien developed a symbiotic relationship to avoid extinction, but that was thousands of years ago and I'm trying not to go the "subhuman" route. The terminology has to be pretty inoffensive because the main Nullpunk character(s) are people of color, though. I was thinking of maybe doing something with "Idaltu", like possibly calling the becs "Id" (the "successful" aliens are known as "Becryon") and the humanoid components "Alt(s)".

These work a lot better imo. Anything that doesn't use a sub classification as the normal vernacular, or what some people would latch onto as some kind of primal disorder with the blending of species. Giving them an unfamiliar sounding name might be a good way to sidestep some of the lore and terminology traps that can be immediately read as reductive.

Well my back is already fucked, I own all 10 seasons of Smallville, but not only do I not want to bathe in her bath sweat like our resident Asian fetishist, I also don't find her attractive.

We're already too late.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Ok so I have to ask, what's up with Jandro and horses?

A bet years ago where he had to wear a Jacksonville jags helmet on a pony for a year. Years later and they're beating the long since been dead horse with the same jokes.

Faustek

A bet years ago where he had to wear a Jacksonville jags helmet on a pony for a year. Years later and they're beating the long since been dead horse with the same jokes.

Thanks.... Man I had this picture of him being a gaucho.. Can't be no gaucho on a damn pony.

Skittles

Came across this on my net travels.

Please give it a look, fam.
You won't regret it.
I like this for the progressiveness, but god damn the other two girls got fucked power wise. One can has super strength and speed, while another can feel other peoples emotions haha

Faustek

I like this for the progressiveness, but god damn the other two girls got fucked power wise. One can has super strength and speed, while another can feel other peoples emotions haha

I saw it as well but assumed it was the trinity they where repenting.
The power to look forward.
The empathy to understand those around you.
And the power, literally, to make your way unto tomorrow.

Skittles

I saw it as well but assumed it was the trinity they where repenting.
The power to look forward.
The empathy to understand those around you.
And the power, literally, to make your way unto tomorrow.
Ah, never thought about the symbolism. After listening to The Bright Sessions, being an empath seems terrible unless you can control it

daffy

Banned
Disney dropped its larger presentation dates for D23 Expo this year

I'm only going on Saturday so I guess I lucked out.
I've heard the line(s) for that Hall gets bad 3 hours out. Are you going early? I'm mostly interested in the Disney Parks announcements. Passholders out here starving

I'm debating going at all, but if my friends go, I suppose I could stock up on coffee and 5 hour energy 😑

zeemumu

I've heard the line(s) for that Hall gets bad 3 hours out. Are you going early? I'm mostly interested in the Disney Parks announcements. Passholders out here starving

I'm debating going at all, but if my friends go, I suppose I could stock up on coffee and 5 hour energy ��

Yeah. Last time I went, I got there like 4 hours early for that Disney Interactive panel. I'll probably end up going early again (I don't know if it'll be THAT early but it'll be early) but I'll be more prepared this time around.

zeemumu

Ah damn it, of all the days I pick to go to Disneyland, I miss the one where Johnny Depp snuck onto Pirates of the Caribbean dressed as Jack Sparrow and hung out with the animatronics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom