• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT18| - Ma-ma-ma-MAXIMUM! Haram Achieved

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought the setting was weird until I started watching season 2. Now I'm into it

I'm still learning the setting (only on episode 2) some parts of it...I dunno but I'm going to stick with it for the first season, or at least as long as I stuck with that trash ass show Iron Fist.

Started watching Into The Badlands. Interesting show, not 100% sure how I feel about it. The choreography is dope but something about the setting their trying to convey...I dunno, it's hard to put into words. Like the setting itself isn't bad but I this show isn't convincing me of it.

I think it's the costumes, all of them look so damn crisp and brand new given the conditions of the world.
Thought it was just me.

I just work with them, honestly. Since I mostly draw on my commute, I rarely have the time to go perfect circle on it. That, and AJ also use pens primarily, so I can't really use a compass myself. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Just keep at it. Don't beat yourself up about it or get frustrated so early in. Just the beginning.

---

This dude said a toonie like they'll accept our currency down there. LOOOOOOOL.

Night, BCT.

Thanks for the advice. To be honest, im getting a few glimmers of hope in some of my drawings. I made a pretty decent sketch of a head that didnt loom too bad. But I will keep trying.

Took me years to draw at a competent level. If you want tips, pm me.

Thanks. I'll make sure to do that in the future if i need any help or anything. :D

https://www.dowjones.com/press-room/statement-wall-street-journal/

ac787ce5f80c16b8e8d6c91a9dbfca07.jpg

andthebeatgoeson

Found out this past week: have everything in writing. Put it in a contract. People will call you anything and act like they family. Shit goes south, you want that shit in writing.

Yesterday, YouTube did it's thang like usual and recommended me a good album, this one and it reminded me that I want to listen to more music this year, about as much as when I started posting on here. Can any of you recommend me albums that came out this year?

Thanks for the advice. To be honest, im getting a few glimmers of hope in some of my drawings. I made a pretty decent sketch of a head that didnt loom too bad. But I will keep trying.

Thanks. I'll make sure to do that in the future if i need any help or anything. :D

I'm bad to teach anyone. I'm very limited in what I can draw and probably because how I learned. I just went on YouTube one day and looked up a video and copied that person drawing over and over. Soon I didn't need to look at the video to even draw the image and after that I just started looking at stuff and drawing them. Because of this, I can't draw most things without a reference. I still can't fucking get my shading down though. I think my shading is ass, but strangers love my stuff.

Edit: Actually, I remember I was able to draw a couple times before that. I remember I was on some other forum and people started to ask to draw characters from this new game and I hadn't drawn anything in years and it almost look exactly like the character. Maybe I'm just innate.

Shy

That Rachel Dolezal made me want to watch Atlanta episode 7.

God that shit is funny. I was bussing up throughout that entire episode.
I've discovered the world of cappuccinos, I was gifted a $500 cappuccino/espresso machine about 2 months ago and I'm a fan.
Holyshit. That's one hell of gift. Congrats.

That Rachel Dolezal made me want to watch Atlanta episode 7.

God that shit is funny. I was bussing up throughout that entire episode.

Holyshit. That's one hell of gift. Congrats.

It's pretty dope. I haven't experimented much past my usual settings all I know is the cappuccino it makes tastes amazing.

Any tips on what to try for someone who's tried plain coffee about 5 times and sworn of it? Are cappuccinos or frappuchinos any better?

---

The New Jim Crow
This Half Has Never Been Told
Post Traumatic Slave Syndrome
Medical Apartied
King Leopold's Ghost
ECT.

From now on, be it GAFer, YouTuber, IRL stranger/friend/family member, celebrity etc, I won't be able to take a single word out of their mouths about race, racism, race relations, identity politics, diversity, representation, intersectionality, cultural appropriation; not a single thing will be nor should be listened to unless they've read at least one or more of these books. MLK and Malcom X biographies ain't cuttin' it anymore and just seem to lead to mealy-mouthed kumbaya bs by people who think racism was solved when Dr. King was assassinated. I'm way too sick of going over basic ass shit over and over. If someone still spouts some bullshit after that point then they've got problems an education can't fix.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Any tips on what to try for someone who's tried plain coffee about 5 times and sworn of it? Are cappuccinos or frappuchinos any better?

---

The New Jim Crow
Medical Apartied
King Leopold's Ghost
ECT.

From now on, be it GAFer, YouTuber, IRL stranger/friend/family member, celebrity etc, I won't be able to take a single word out of their mouths about race, racism, race relations, identity politics, diversity, representation, intersectionality, cultural appropriation; not a single thing will be nor should be listened to unless they've read at least one or more of these books. MLK and Malcom X biographies ain't cuttin' it anymore and just seem to lead to mealy-mouthed kumbaya bs by people who think racism was solved when Dr. King was assassinated. I'm way too sick of going over basic ass shit over and over. If someone still spouts some bullshit after that point then they've got problems an education can't fix.

I've read a few of those books in my late teens/early 20's ..... Its good info but yeah.... its going to piss you off.... and it should, but don't let that knowledge frustrate you to much. Volunteer to help people face and overcome some of the issues those books bring up. Maybe get a public service job that helps the community...... be a positive role model to the people around you and don't waste too much time debating to much online with assholes about the truth they refuse to acknowledge.

---

The New Jim Crow
Medical Apartied
King Leopold's Ghost
ECT.

Add Sister Citizen to your collection, it's a great read.

As for coffee, cappuccinos are 1/3 espresso, 1/3 steamed milk, 1/3 frothed milk so it's not as strong as straight up "coffee" I go for medium roast beans because dark roast is like drinking dirt.

I'd check the coffee gaf thread for more/better info

cdyhybrid

So do I have this right?

1) WSJ writes article about companies pulling ads because they're getting shown in front of bad content

2) YouTuber says WSJ is making it up and ends up doxxing the author of the article

3) YouTuber's evidence turns out to be bullshit

4) Half apology

I've read a few of those books in my late teens/early 20's ..... Its good info but yeah.... its going to piss you off.... and it should, but don't let that knowledge frustrate you to much. Volunteer to help people face and overcome some of the issues those books bring up. Maybe get a public service job that helps the community...... be a positive role model to the people around you and don't waste too much time debating to much online with assholes about the truth they refuse to acknowledge.

Yeah. I do volunteer and do my part too. Heart's kind of numbed over these past several years though. Nihilism is creeping in on my old optimism.

Add Sister Citizen to your collection, it's a great read.

As for coffee, cappuccinos are 1/3 espresso, 1/3 steamed milk, 1/3 frothed milk so it's not as strong as straight up "coffee" I go for medium roast beans because dark roast is like drinking dirt.

I'd check the coffee gaf thread for more/better info

Thanks for the tip. May just swing by a Starbucks and try a small one. Wishlisted Sister Citizen too! Thanks for the recommendation

So do I have this right?

1) WSJ writes article about companies pulling ads because they're getting shown in front of bad content

2) YouTuber says WSJ is making it up and ends up doxxing the author of the article

4) Half apology

Pretty much. Actual journalist will now enjoy months on months of hate mail, trolls and attacks from Ethan stans while the YouTuber gets to slink back into the comfort of a community that will coddle the shit out of him keeping him from ever growing or becoming more self aware. I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up stepping on bigger, more intolerant toes in the future.

So do I have this right?

4) Half apology

number four is mostly "reassurance to fans that I'm still right titled 'apology'" but yeah

*Collapses on bed.*

God I am impatient as fuck, but I want to learn how to draw so bad! So why am I getting pissed when my drawings are fucking terrible or that I cannot make a nice enough circle to begin drawing a head, even though I know drawing takes practice, effort and time?

*Sighs*

Why am I being hard on myself?

3 things to keep in mind

1) Reflect on your art. Pause, figure out why you're frustrated and look up tips when necessary

2) Own your art. Unless your really trying to emulate a certain art-style down to a t, your stuff isnt going to look like your neighbors'

3) Have fun with your art. Find yourself a healthy community and post your art for others to see. Let your art grow by making images for stories you or someone else wrote, fourm activities, fan art of series you like, etc. When your drawing pictures in your room and just etting it sit there, its easier to be your own worst critic and give up

Yesterday, YouTube did it's thang like usual and recommended me a good album, this one and it reminded me that I want to listen to more music this year, about as much as when I started posting on here. Can any of you recommend me albums that came out this year?

I'm bad to teach anyone. I'm very limited in what I can draw and probably because how I learned. I just went on YouTube one day and looked up a video and copied that person drawing over and over. Soon I didn't need to look at the video to even draw the image and after that I just started looking at stuff and drawing them. Because of this, I can't draw most things without a reference. I still can't fucking get my shading down though. I think my shading is ass, but strangers love my stuff.

Edit: Actually, I remember I was able to draw a couple times before that. I remember I was on some other forum and people started to ask to draw characters from this new game and I hadn't drawn anything in years and it almost look exactly like the character. Maybe I'm just innate.

Wow. Thats amazing how you can get it so quickly. I am impressed.

3 things to keep in mind

1) Reflect on your art. Pause, figure out why you're frustrated and look up tips when necessary

2) Own your art. Unless your really trying to emulate a certain art-style down to a t, your stuff isnt going to look like your neighbors'

3) Have fun with your art. Find yourself a healthy community and post your art for others to see. Let your art grow by making images for stories you or someone else wrote, fourm activities, fan art of series you like, etc. When your drawing pictures in your room and just etting it sit there, its easier to be your own worst critic and give up

Thanks for the advice. I appreciate it. Hope i find a way to upload my drawings to the artgaf self study community. Because my iphone sucks right now.

Numb

Morning party people
Waking to another day where a movie like Moonlight did what it did over the whitest movie

Wonder what the results would have been without the #OscarsSoWhite movement from before
I like the futuristic and During look

Scab on my leg =/= Tick

------------------

Good morning, Goodnight
Saw the title and was like I'm done with OT bullshit for a long while

shingi70

Banned
Morning

It's amazing how youtube seems to be blowing up on all fronts, and is no where near being the new source of media that it claims to be.

Gattsu25

Banned
Mornin'

------
Regarding coffee I just use one of these:
UK9X5FM.jpg

------
So do I have this right?

4) Half apology

I wouldn't even call that shit a half apology as he still doubled down. Otherwise, yep. Spot on.

Izuna

Banned
"How much is this?"

"£5.50"

"Cool." *hands £10 note*

"Here's your change." *returns £5 note*

"Shouldn't it be £4.50 change?"

*they say how they don't have change*

"I can give you 50p"

Why am I like this?

Gattsu25

Banned
"How much is this?"

"£5.50"

"Cool." *hands £10 note*

"I can give you 50p"

Why am I like this?

I was sorta with you until the last line. Why would you rob yourself? That's your money now.

Numb

"How much is this?"

"£5.50"

"Cool." *hands £10 note*

"I can give you 50p"

Why am I like this?
That's a good deed
You can be saved

Status