• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT19| - You Still Can't Say Tanned

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone told me about an opportunity to make some money as a sort of job with Livit International? I've been emailing the company, but I'm not sure if I want to give out my number to them yet. Here is the website. https://livitup.com/ Do you think it's legit? I was supposed to view their web seminar, but got too busy and forgot. I just have a feeling there's something up here.

Merc_

I'm sharing the post I wrote on my perspective of Philadelphia's decision to add black and brown stripes to the rainbow pride flag. Feel it's worth putting in this thread...

Really good post, Roy.

Also, lol at that guy in the thread that tried to deflect from your point.

Sch1sm

Someone told me about an opportunity to make some money as a sort of job with Livit International? I've been emailing the company, but I'm not sure if I want to give out my number to them yet. Here is the website. https://livitup.com/ Do you think it's legit? I was supposed to view their web seminar, but got too busy and forgot. I just have a feeling there's something up here.

I’m skeptical of any company that uses the word “awesomest” on its webpage, but hey.

Slayven

Yo' Shy, hope everything is alright there. My thoughts for all those people.
Welcome back brother
I'm skeptical of any company that uses the word ”awesomest" on its webpage, but hey.

As i get older, i appreciate more and more folks just giving me shit straight and not trying for a gimmick. Feels like with social media it is more about presenting your brand then having anything of substance. Sure it kinda always been like that, but the signal to noise ratio was way more manageable

Dereck

Did you guys see the new Mario game between Nintendo and Suda 54. Where Mario is a immigration worker and must check papers to see if they are correct to let the Toads in
5nRef9L.png

akira28

I’m skeptical of any company that uses the word “awesomest” on its webpage, but hey.

lol I'm skeptical of any company that has a webpage now, after dealing with numbers of web consultants. At one point, a professional website was a sign of competence and responsible business. Now you'll see a nice website, and the company is run out of the trunk of a 99 Honda Civic.

Dam Nintendo announced another new game a collaboration with between them and Rare where Mario started dating this white Rabbid and does to meet her parents while there the parents throw a party with their friends and he see's a old friend

After a toilet flushes his old friend charges at him and yells at him to WARP OUT!!!!!!!

Sch1sm

lol I'm skeptical of any company that has a webpage now, after dealing with numbers of web consultants. At one point, a professional website was a sign of competence and responsible business. Now you'll see a nice website, and the company is run out of the trunk of a 99 Honda Civic.

SquareSpace made things too easy.

akira28

You think it's made with wix?

no, i was just making a joke to schizz, that when i see a website made with wix, i run. I don't think that the site you posted is a wix home entrepreneur. It does seem a little mlm, but I'm generally suspicious

wix is just another website mill that makes it easy for literally anyone to set up a "business" online. buyer be aware, when it comes to them, is all.

edit: its actually a nice site. that also makes me suspicious.

be curious in the hustle, there is money to be made, but lots of people are angling to make it off you, just as you're intending to honestly make it with them.

Morning

Dam Nintendo announced another new game a collaboration with between them and Rare where Mario started dating this white Rabbid and does to meet her parents while there the parents throw a party with their friends and he see's a old friend

After a toilet flushes his old friend charges at him and yells at him to WARP OUT!!!!!!!

No! If you're going to put this nonsense out at least acknowledge those of us who put time and effort coming up with witty names for these games.

"Yoshi's Ellis Island"

That's fucking gold! Same with "Papers, Peach"

Also, What about me brehs

Mornin' everyone

___

I'm not sure what the complaint here is? Perhaps its beyond my frame of mind that everything David Cage does should be taken with a grain of salt. But why is there an argument about slavery and oppression and how it needs to be about that from the perspective of PoC and not androids? Gaf.jpg I guess.

Then again my opinion of most of this is biased as fuck, at a certain point I just want to play a game for the sake of it being entertaining and not a soap box piece. I'm not a gamer, and I don't need to get in deep with every single game that tries to be about something, especially a David Cage game. I see hes not of popular Gaf opinion but I've enjoyed his games as dumb fun.

Mornin' everyone

___

I'm not sure what the complaint here is? Perhaps its beyond my frame of mind that everything David Cage does should be taken with a grain of salt. But why is there an argument about slavery and oppression and how it needs to be about that from the perspective of PoC and not androids? Gaf.jpg I guess.

Then again my opinion of most of this is biased as fuck, at a certain point I just want to play a game for the sake of it being entertaining and not a soap box piece. I'm not a gamer, and I don't need to get in deep with every single game that tries to be about something, especially a David Cage game. I see hes not of popular Gaf opinion but I've enjoyed his games as dumb fun.

Oh man, play what ever you want to play. Ain't no body out here paying for your games. I'm 100% behind anyone playing whatever they want no matter what the popular opinion is.

My thing was the OP was quick to toss out how the game made all the androids white and he thought that was odd and fucked up. Mean while the trailer opens with a black android singing. It's almost like they didn't see any PoC while "following this game very closely"

mr jones

Ethnicity is not a race!
Morning y'all.

The jury could come back today on the Jeronimo Yanez trial for shooting Philando Castile. Minnesota could burn...

Because I have nothing else better to do for a few hours and I really want to help you avoid getting scammed.

No, its not legit. I'll let you know from an owner perspective. If I want to hire you, you send your resume, and I will contact you, this is how I've always done my business. Anything, and I mean anything that involves a web seminar before that initial contact is a scam. You'll get as far as viewing a video and you'll be asked to pay.

As for this website specifically, the majority of their photos are stolen from multiple websites, a simple google search will show you the returns of multiple web links not affiliated with their site. I called their number and it goes straight to a voicemail with no ring which is red flag number one. They claim to have a HQ in Texas but all their links return Domain Proxy's (middle man), a legitimately ran business has no need for this type of service, though they may still use it. In this case its red flag number two. The third and final red flag is their supposed HQ. The address they use both here and here returns nothing remotely close to what they say they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom