• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT19| - You Still Can't Say Tanned

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slayven

Good morning all.

tumblr_ndf5yeVK8C1rk3j11o1_500.gif

Morning y'all.

The jury could come back today on the Jeronimo Yanez trial for shooting Philando Castile. Minnesota could burn...
Feels like some historic fuckery about to go down

mr jones

Ethnicity is not a race!
Feels like some historic fuckery about to go down

Yup. The judge was real hard on what evidence was admissible during the case. Prosecution tried to mess with Yanez's defense by showing his original statement during Yanez appearance on the stand. It would show how his description of the events changed drastically. The judge refused to admit it as evidence.

It's heavy stuff. First time ever that a Minnesota cop is brought up on charges after a shooting.

Kreed

lol I'm skeptical of any company that has a webpage now, after dealing with numbers of web consultants. At one point, a professional website was a sign of competence and responsible business. Now you'll see a nice website, and the company is run out of the trunk of a 99 Honda Civic.

As soon as I see a wix.com anything, I run.

I push them into the lake, and I run.

These days I would hit up their social media and see if it looks like they care about their account or if it looks like it's run by bots. Now in the case of Livitup...

https://twitter.com/livitintl/status/778789620779626496

...here's their latest post on Twitter with a stock image with a watermark from 123RF, a stock photography website. The fact that they didn't have the money to buy the real stock image without the watermark and didn't even care about posting up a stock photo with a watermark in it says a lot.

akira28

These days I would hit up their social media and see if it looks like they care about their account or if it looks like it's run by bots. Now in the case of Livitup...

...here's their latest post on Twitter with a stock image with a watermark from 123RF, a stock photography website. The fact that they didn't have the money to buy the real stock image without the watermark and didn't even care about posting up a stock photo with a watermark in it says a lot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxnYSvyotEA
https://socialglobe.com/ <-- first failed attempt?

hmmm. lots of pretty flash, not a lot of substance.

Some bad stuff is gonna go down soon

I think you might be right, Jandro. Wether we like to acknowledge the elephant in the room or not, our world right now is sitting on a huge ass bundle of powder kegs and dynamite sticks. And the shit that has been happening in our world have been bursts of sparks littering our world, getting ever so closet to that huge ass fuse on our planet. Sooner or later, one event is gonna hit that fuse, and then it's all downhill from there.

Dai101

Banned
Welcome back brother

As i get older, i appreciate more and more folks just giving me shit straight and not trying for a gimmick. Feels like with social media it is more about presenting your brand then having anything of substance. Sure it kinda always been like that, but the signal to noise ratio was way more manageable

Thanks homie. So, when you hit that Tekken? I'm on Xbox if you ever wanna go some rounds.

Welcome back, Dai.

Thanks ese. How's it going?

mr jones

Ethnicity is not a race!
I think you might be right, Jandro. Wether we like to acknowledge the elephant in the room or not, our world right now is sitting on a huge ass bundle of powder kegs and dynamite sticks. And the shit that has been happening in our world have been bursts of sparks littering our world, getting ever so closet to that huge ass fuse on our planet. Sooner or later, one event is gonna hit that fuse, and then it's all downhill from there.

And when you look at it from an outsider looking in, it just seems so, so stupid.

"Why do you hate that man?"

"His god is different from mine."

"His skin color is different than mine."

"He possesses less than I do, and wants help that I don't feel he deserves."

"He is attracted to other men."

"He comes from a different place on the planet than I do."

"He speaks a different language than I do."

"He could be a threat to the power I possess."

We'll kill millions because of that hate. We'll kill folks who live right next to us. We'll destroy our own countrymen, our own families. It has been like this since forever, but it is so scary and depressing when we now have the technology available to be able to see it CONSTANTLY. We see it EVERYWHERE. All over the world. It's soul crushing.

We really are cruel to each other.

Because I have nothing else better to do for a few hours and I really want to help you avoid getting scammed.

No, its not legit. I'll let you know from an owner perspective. If I want to hire you, you send your resume, and I will contact you, this is how I've always done my business. Anything, and I mean anything that involves a web seminar before that initial contact is a scam. You'll get as far as viewing a video and you'll be asked to pay.

As for this website specifically, the majority of their photos are stolen from multiple websites, a simple google search will show you the returns of multiple web links not affiliated with their site. I called their number and it goes straight to a voicemail with no ring which is red flag number one. They claim to have a HQ in Texas but all their links return Domain Proxy's (middle man), a legitimately ran business has no need for this type of service, though they may still use it. In this case its red flag number two. The third and final red flag is their supposed HQ. The address they use both here and here returns nothing remotely close to what they say they are.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxnYSvyotEA
https://socialglobe.com/ <-- first failed attempt?

hmmm. lots of pretty flash, not a lot of substance.

Thanks y'all for the hello. I was suspicious from jump since being paid to travel sounds too good to be true, but I just wanted to be sure. Also, the person I was emailing with back and forth was using a gmail which I also thought looked suspicious. I'm going to leave them alone.

Zekes!

Right?! It was better wasn't it &#128532;

Any of ya'll see Wonder Woman yet? I'm about to go but if they don't play that guitar riff enough I might cancel.

It's better than Man of Steel or Batman vs Superman and probably Suicide Squad (haven't seen it), but the ending climax kills the movie for me. It's nothing amazing but it's entertaining.

Zekes!

Wolfenstein: The New Order is like $12 CAD on PSN right now, so I picked that up. Also grabbed that Dying Light Enhanced Edition or whatever for $20

Beefy

They put a cladding on to make it look nice, due to the neighborhood. But the sprinklers were not working. Fuck every one of the managers.

Yeah it could be seen from a rich area and got complaints apparently. So they put cladding on it so some snob didn't complain. The owner and people that did the work need locking up

Slayven

First thing I saw when I opened that thread was someone say BLM promotes violence and someone say minorities are to blame for losing elections.

I'll just keep reading up on E3 I think.

I usually avoid disaster threads because folks get heated and the takes are supernova hot. Going to find some games to buy

And when you look at it from an outsider looking in, it just seems so, so stupid.

"His god is different from mine."

"His skin color is different than mine."

"He possesses less than I do, and wants help that I don't feel he deserves."

"He is attracted to other men."

"He comes from a different place on the planet than I do."

"He speaks a different language than I do."

"He could be a threat to the power I possess."

We'll kill millions because of that hate. We'll kill folks who live right next to us. We'll destroy our own countrymen, our own families. It has been like this since forever, but it is so scary and depressing when we now have the technology available to be able to see it CONSTANTLY. We see it EVERYWHERE. All over the world. It's soul crushing.

We really are cruel to each other.

Indeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom