• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT19| - You Still Can't Say Tanned

Status
Not open for further replies.

LotusHD

Banned
Seems like a large departure from the first?

Lol I have no clue, I never played the first or X. All I knew is that the series were known for having beautiful worlds. At any rate, I might pick it up, but it ain't something I feel like pre-ordering.

EDIT:

The character designs are complete ass tho

Sigh...I regret taking the week off. I have no idea what to do. The kids in the family have summer swim school and camps. Done with the renovation in the house. I can't go away since I said I could be on call if shit really hit the fan at work, like approve certain costs if it's acute.

Come now Preach. You know that this board is the correct place to have either. I would be all judgy if not for that one guy that opened up about being forced to live in a shed while getting beaten by his guardian if they showed their face inside and all he had to do was play Pokemon. That is their crutch and I wouldn't be surprised if that person got all up in it if their former lifeline got shat on. Will still shit on Pokemon when I feel the need to do so though.

Anime girls is another beast. That's just creepy af. Took me a while to realise that people really had waifu stans and it was more important for others to recognize why their creepy af pixel replacement for a life was actually the best. People are weird but as long as it's Pixels and whatnot do whatever. Just don't procreate until you learned to live.

Easy to see why they go that way.

"our install base."

They're really banking that the majority of people are on their system and will use them to convert others to buy the games on their system and their system in question.
But looking at FF/DCU Online/War Thunder which are MMOs it's easy to see why they would. MMOs are bigger on PC. Street fighter was probably a money thing. They didn't want to pay for a full exclusive only thing I can't really see is Rocket League. Rocket league was fairly unknown until it got released and from what I gather Sony helped with the marketing.
But Minecraft is such a bigger thing on everything else than PS so I don't know anything anymore.
And to go into Sony stans. It can be how data is shared. MS wants all data, even if it isn't on their servers, to go through their systems and that Data is valuable. Wouldn't surprise me if Sony doesn't have the tools in place to gather everything as well and Nintendo being Nintendo is probably high on dried Toad heads.

Oh well, still say it's because the big dog wants the whole plate and doesn't feel like sharing.

bad punctuation, I meant anime girls and video game girls, I always thought it was some meta joke thing but.....

You joke but I peeped a certain videogame image board earlier and a handful of posters are losing their shit over this.

I wasn't joking
I know full well these fools would not be okay with that shit.

All I'm saying is that it makes sense. First major story mission (or maybe just really early in-game) involves the Mr. Negative stuff, Spidey gets corrupted, then flash forward (or do some corrupt Spidey missions) and you got Miles trying to stop/save him.

I'm not saying it's gonna happen, so don't be shocked if it doesn't, but it would make sense.

I'm gonna start stocking up on canned goods

I dunno about this Xenoblade 2 game.

I was excited off name alone. Shit I need to look a few of these trailers over.

NUMB!!!! why you aint remind me about the MVC:I demo! Now i'm away from home missing the whole thing.

Lol I have no clue, I never played the first or X. All I knew is that the series were known for having beautiful worlds. At any rate, I might pick it up, but it ain't something I feel like pre-ordering.

EDIT:

The character designs are complete ass tho

Agreed about the characters. The hell are they thinking sometimes in JRPGS....

Zekes!

The character designs in Xenoblade 2 make 1 and X look like the Mona Lisa, but I'll still pick it up regardless. Love that series

Imm0rt4l

giphy.gif

Firstly i wanna say thanks for putting those pics behind links.
But making the links say Which one of you is trying to fuck this girl, is bang out of order.

C'mon gents, please stop making me the bad guy about this stuff.

Think about other people in this thread before posting.

I don't think you're the bad guy. It's pretty reasonable.

royalan

I'm sharing the post I wrote on my perspective of Philadelphia's decision to add black and brown stripes to the rainbow pride flag. Feel it's worth putting in this thread...

As a gay black man living in Philadelphia, let me tell you why I think this makes sense, at least for our city.

Philadelphia is one of the growing number of major metropolitan cities in this country that is also majority minority. Particularly, black and brown people (black people alone make up over 44% of the city's population). You're thinking that black and brown is implied by the actual colors of the original rainbow flag, but as someone who lives here, is very active in the community, and experiences gay life here day-to-day, let me tell you that my response to that is a big fat "Fucking LOL."

The gay community in general has its issues with race, but Philadelphia's gay community in particular is one of the most segregated communities I've ever experienced. For a city full of black people, it's not at all uncommon to see only a handful of black people in the Gayborhood (the name of our gay district) at any given time. And speaking to a lot of gay people of color in this city, it's not at all uncommon to feel unwelcome in the Gayborhood. Bars, bartenders, bouncers openly discriminate against you. I have been refused service in gay bars in this city. I have been out with white friends who have actually had to call this out.

And the timing of this flag is no coincidence, because this subject has come up a lot lately.

Brian Sims, a Pennsylvania House Rep who serves the Gayborhood, recently wrote an op-ed about it: Gayborhood's 'Dangerous' Climate

Last year, the owner of iCandy, one of the Gayborhood's largest clubs, had a disgruntled former employee release a video of him looking at security footage and calling all of the black patrons "niggers who just want free drink passes." This one stung me personally, because I was a regular at this bar, knew the owner personally, and never once stepped into the place unprepared to pay for my drinks and tip handsomely. I haven't been back to this bar since this happened.

Also last year, there was a hearing in the city specifically on racial discrimination in the Gayborhood. It was attended by hundreds.

And recently Tavern on Camack, another popular bar/club, had a mass firing over a series of incidents that I don't know the details of. But to this day there is now a notice posted at the entrance to the bar announcing that ToC is a bar for everyone, and racial intolerance will not be accepted from anyone, patrons or staff (I'm paraphrasing, obviously).

And let me not even get STARTED on the absence of PoC participation in Philly's queer/pride festivals.

The point is, by amending the flag, Philly's not just making a statement on the gay community as a whole, it's more directly addressing a symptom of our community not being particularly accepting of queer PoC. It'll take more than adding a few stripes, but it's appreciated.

Slayven

I'm sharing the post I wrote on my perspective of Philadelphia's decision to add black and brown stripes to the rainbow pride flag. Feel it's worth putting in this thread...

Good post, just like any minority population LBGTQ is not a monolith and there is a lot of nuance that gets skipped over.

mr jones

Ethnicity is not a race!

Good shit.

Minneapolis has this problem as well. Particularly with black lesbian women.

Young Magus

E3 was ok.
Nintendo was the one I was most interested in and they did well-ish.

Good Post Roy.

Faustek

Did you guys see the new Mario game between Nintendo and Suda 54. Where Mario is a immigration worker and must check papers to see if they are correct to let the Toads in

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom