• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT19| - You Still Can't Say Tanned

Status
Not open for further replies.

daffy

Banned
i do have sympathy for people that have let rejection get the better of them. Keep in mind there are men and women both who are dealing with that and wallow in self pity. But i dont know any other way for them besides learning to face those fears continually

i do have sympathy for people that have let rejection get the better of them. Keep in mind there are men and women both who are dealing with that and wallow in self pity. But i dont know any other way for them besides learning to face those fears continually

It depends on how they handle it. If they decide they hate women and blame everyone else, I have no sympathy for them. If they look at themselves but don't know how to change or get help or feel hopeless, then I have sympathy. If they're going through any kind of mental illness, that's a whole other issue but I basically have the same response. There's no excuse to hate and blame others, but people can genuinely lose hope even though they acknowledge they have the problem.

akira28

I could really go for a real persian kabob, like, any time ever.
GrUpNjs.jpg

this stuff is so great

LionPride

Banned
There's a fucking waterbug in my room and my mother doesn't understand I'm fearful as fuck of those things flying around. I am now sleeping in the living room. I do not know if I will return despite the fact I must go back to get clothes for work

akira28

When you Google "persian kabob" and then you find out there's a Kabab spot down the street.

the one down the street that was more pakistani kabob closed down. they were too expensive anyway. I gotta go to VA to get the real good stuff. Not that Moby Dicks fast food kabob.

There's a fucking waterbug in my room and my mother doesn't understand I'm fearful as fuck of those things flying around. I am now sleeping in the living room. I do not know if I will return despite the fact I must go back to get clothes for work

get you some windex and take him out.

I never really seen it from women, yet alone have them shoot up a place because of it. What I have seen is women get incredibly bitter, and it's not really from rejection but from a lot of bad experiences from men, whether it's every one of their boyfriends cheating on them, only ever being the side chick, or constantly getting dumped.

Mornin' everyone.

Good morning all.

Are any of you familiar with bullet journals? I'm thinking of using a notepad/journal to start tracking tasks.

Yes, I use a system I created to keep track of big projects and event tasks. I don't use apps due to lack of encryption amongst most. But thats because I require the maximum level of privacy and security with what I do. Are you looking for an app for simple task tracking?

Mornin' everyone.

Yes, I use a system I created to keep track of big projects and event tasks. I don't use apps due to lack of encryption amongst most. But thats because I require the maximum level of privacy and security with what I do. Are you looking for an app for simple task tracking?

Yea I would be down for an app as well to help me track tasks. Currently I just overwhlem my ical and outlook calendar with task reminders but that is not a good system.

Ideally I thought getting a physical journal might help more since it allows me to put in notes and capture thoughts during meetings. So I might want to look into both a journal system and an app to see what works best.

Morning all

The flying insect has not been located, but I believe the area to be safe. For now.

Get a broom and swat that motherfucker out the sky like a man.

Yea I would be down for an app as well to help me track tasks. Currently I just overwhlem my ical and outlook calendar with task reminders but that is not a good system.

Ideally I thought getting a physical journal might help more since it allows me to put in notes and capture thoughts during meetings. So I might want to look into both a journal system and an app to see what works best.

I keep a leather notebook/journal and it's done a great job for me helping me stay on top of things. I jot down dates times and locations but also just key bits of info about stuff as a refresher too if needed.

Maybe this can help sort things better for you.

For a physical journal check out this community https://plus.google.com/communities/109117749342179166498 these folks take organization to a whole'nother level

For an app theres http://noteplan.co/ (Iphone only), https://www.samepage.io/collaboration-app and Evernote.
I've used Evernote until I created my own task system.

I use https://www.samepage.io/collaboration-app to update some clients digitally with their worked on projects for tasks I finish, until I complete the coding for my own GiS.

Morning all
The flying insect has not been located, but I believe the area to be safe. For now.
It's never safe until you find it, now you're being watched until you least expect it.

Morning bct. We need to make a Kirk Franklin record.

Bct, are you with me? Oh yea, we on gaf, we ain't goin nowhere.

I know slayven wants the Kirk Franklin role, but I don't think he has the voice for it. We will have tryouts at the cookout

Faustek

Afternoon kin
sigh, my store sent me the wrong shit. Ordered the Kurosawa samurai collection and The vengeance trilogy on bd. I'm watching the order slip but the physical goods are dvds only. Gonna call his home and whine :|

City boy?

Faustek

Welp.

Copped an extra T-Mobile Tuesday code. Gonna go see transformers...

[IMGhttps://assets-neogafllc.netdna-ssl.com/forum/image.php?u=187468&dateline=1495392891[/IMG]

Checks out

There's a place down the street that does fantastic kebabs

I think the store might be a front for money laundering though.

That's good.

Doner kebabs are my jam but those are damn good as well. Adana kebab in is extremely well. Just need to find a place that makes them without giving a fuck about "white spice" levels.

Mornin' all.

Sup?

My whole family is country as fuck, I can kill any insect, but fucking waterbugs freak me out. They don't do shit but they're like cockroaches that fly. Fuck that.

hah got it. yeah they are kinda similar to cockroaches that way. Then again I have a green belt in whacking those, Spending a few months with granny in Louisiana made me laugh at them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom