• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT19| - You Still Can't Say Tanned

Status
Not open for further replies.

LotusHD

Banned
First Class is good

Days of Future Past is boring as fuck and I'm positive no one on this site has made it past the first 20 of the movie because the rest is garbonzo beans

Apocalypse is actually not good as a movie

Sophie Turner can't fucking act

Neither can the block of wood playin Scott

I'm not saying they're bad, just... I don't care about the cast. Which kind of makes it sound like I think the movie is bad, but I don't. It's just I realized, they've had three movies now, and I'm just not attached to anyone. At all. I especially dislike JLaw's Mystique. They could reboot the entire thing right now, and I wouldn't blink an eye.

And yes, Sophie Turner cannot act.

Zekes!

The only X-Men movies I like are the Wolverine and Logan

First Class is decent but it's not that great

I'm not saying they're bad, just... I don't care about the cast. Which kind of makes it sound like I think the movie is bad, but I don't. It's just I realized, they've had three movies now, and I'm just not attached to anyone at all. I especially dislike JLaw's Mystique.

I fucking hate JLaw as Mystique and how they hamfisted her as a main character. That's easily my biggest gripe with the rebooted movies.

Zaverious

New Mutants needs to step up the acting for everybody, not just 3 people. I lose hope on Dark Phoenix doing that. Deadpool will continue doing great though.

LotusHD

Banned
I fucking hate JLaw as Mystique and how they hamfisted her as a main character. That's easily my biggest gripe with the rebooted movies.

She is currently the first thing that comes to mind when I hear the phrase "phoning it in", just looks bored out of her mind. Her whole hero thing is just not working, and I don't like how she rarely is in her blue skin. I know why they do it, but I don't like it.

Jackman, Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellen are the best things about that whole franchise

Yup.

LionPride

Banned
I'm not saying they're bad, just... I don't care about the cast. Which kind of makes it sound like I think the movie is bad, but I don't. It's just I realized, they've had three movies now, and I'm just not attached to anyone. At all. I especially dislike JLaw's Mystique. They could reboot the entire thing right now, and I wouldn't blink an eye.

She don't even wanna fuckin be in these shits! She's the main character and it's bad. Making Jean the main character while doing Phoenix stuff for like five movies coulda worked

I literally didn't care outside of Charles and Eric for all three movies but at least First Class had fucking Kevin Bacon and Eric doing BUSAIKU FUCKIN KNEES TO RUSKIES

And even then, with DOFP and Apocalypse, you can tell Fassbender is not trying his hardest

Neither is McAvoy

That first First Class trailer though...still gets me

Johndoey

Banned
Spider-Man 2 is a masterpiece and still the probably the best Superhero movie, the train scene is the best example of a creative team that "gets" the character they're portraying. It's got it's issues, Dunst, it's maybe a tad too long, some of the Harry stuff is rough, but damn what a film.

The only X-Men movies I like are the Wolverine and Logan

First Class is decent but it's not that great

Jlaw is a legitimately good actress, so when I got to Apocalypse it almost hurt to see how little effort she was putting into the role. Especially since (for my money) she was solid in First Class and Days of Future Past.
--
God Filth is great.
j7oy9N1.jpg

Oh Peter isn't Spider-Man because he doesn't want to so he lost his powers? Then there hints it was because he's impotent???

DPyc.jpg

It's an adaption of this.

You don't know what you're talking about.

I don't like any of the Raimi Spiderman films.

Well.

You are wrong.

Educate yourself.

The Raimi movies put good storytelling and filmmaking first, but nobody gives a fuck about good filmmaking because hating Tobey Maguire is a meme now.

LionPride

Banned
DPyc.jpg

It's an adaption of this.

You don't know what you're talking about.

Well.

You are wrong.

Educate yourself.

The Raimi movies put good storytelling and filmmaking first, but nobody gives a fuck about good filmmaking because hating Tobey Maguire is a meme now.
I know what it was referencing and it was poorly done

And I hate this bullshit about anytime someone or something is overly disliked it's a meme

No Fawful, he was fucking shit in those movies to a lot of people, myself included. Having two shitty leads for three movies kinda makes me not wanna watch em ever again

And guess what, the Raimi films are fine films. All of em. Tobey was an awful Peter and Spider-Man and Dunst was a worse Mary Jane

And I hate this bullshit about anytime someone or something is overly disliked it's a meme

No Fawful, he was fucking shit in those movies to a lot of people, myself included. Having two shitty leads for three movies kinda makes me not wanna watch em ever again

And guess what, the Raimi films are fine films. All of em. Tobey was an awful Peter and Spider-Man and Dunst was a worse Mary Jane

Even though I liked the Raimi films, I agree. Tobey didn't really come off as Peter Parker to me.

Johndoey

Banned
Raimi's Parker is perfect for those movies, he's an awkward creep with a good heart.

He's what an earnest loser would actually be.

shingi70

Banned
Sam Rami movies are good, but I compare them a lot to the Burton Batman movies. They're great but don't get to the core of the character in a lot of ways.

SM2 is great, but I've come to appreciate how much I like the first Spider-man movie. It reminds of the first Batman where I'm watching a elaborate stage play as much as I am a movie.

LionPride

Banned
Raimi's Parker is perfect for those movies, he's an awkward creep with a good heart.
He's a punk bitch who writes shitty poetry for a girl who said I love you then he said nah I'm good after stalking her all movie long then gets so sad his powers stop working until he gets over it

Malyse

What's hilarious is the current comic Jean is one of the best takes on character yet. I think JLaw is a person that'd be super irritating as a friend.

I wish the DCEU would step into some of their second tier characters. I would love a Zatanna movie. Or Mother Panic.

I really hated Tobey as Peter and Spider-Man. Where's the quips? Where's the science?

Johndoey

Banned
He's a punk bitch who writes shitty poetry for a girl who said I love you then he said nah I'm good after stalking her all movie long then gets so sad his powers stop working until he gets over it
Like I said he's a creep and it works well in those movies. He has zero charisma and it's great.

No it wasn't. It's handled with campiness and levity like everything Raimi does, but the core of the issue is handled pretty well. Depressed emotional states cause us to lose ourselves. Daredevil S2 would have been so much better if it took after Spider-Man 2 and had Matt lose his powers for a while instead of for like one episode.

That's exactly what it is. Tobey is a joke on the internet, and the proof to back up the claim that he's a bad actor is the same meme images of him crying over and over. It works in the first two movies because the filmmaking lands, and guess what: dopey people look silly and bad when they cry, but they still cry. It's awful in Spider-Man 3 because the moments don't land. Nobody gives a shit that Harry is dying. I agree that Tobey isn't the ideal Peter, but for the way Raimi wanted to portray Peter, he does all of the work he needs to do pretty well. Anyone who wants to talk about the actual filmmaking behind the films gets shouted down by all the people going "lol crying Tobey and Kirsten Dunst" with almost as much consistency as seeing the same stupid fucking tired Red Letter Media memes and gifs in every Star Wars and blockbuster thread.

It's like having to deal with people who say Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood is better than the original show without looking at the storytelling behind each, because they finally got to have their stupid fucking romance subplot and Harry Potter happy ending.

[snob-ass voice]

OH WELLLL GOOOOOOOOOOD FORRRRR THEEEMMMMMMMM. Here's what I think about them! FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRT.

Since I've been so busy, I haven't been as active within BCT as much as I would like. I hope everyone is having a great day.

For incoming freshman going to college this fall interested in business pm me. I know about a few great programs that focus on helping get students of color internships and jobs after college. Please know there are a good amount of scholarships and fellowships that are focused on seeing you succeed.

D i Z

Mornin' all.

Slice it up, remove the root, throw it in water with salt(I use whatever with iodines) for a few hours. Heat up the oil, use a lot of oil, not that single mm in the bottom of the pan but nearly to cover it all up.
Fry it, turn them around when they become lightbrown, takes about 10m.
Take them up, smash them like tostones, fry them again like tostones and here you can add whatever. I use garlic oil.
To it I usually have gallo pinto.

I actually never considered doing it any other way. That's how mom mostly did it. Sometimes grandma made it together with Cassava and coconut milk.

hah, Yes going back to old movies you loved really changes things.

Roasting is way simpler in steps. I've seen people not even bother to remove the root first (which I don't advise) but slicing, get that junk outta there, wrap it in foil and either roast on a flame or bake. My aunt likes to come in with some some butter/ garlic butter a couple of times during the roast, but we never do since we usually have it with Ackee anyway.

Morning, everyone. Don't know why people are wanting bernie to run for 2020 when he is old as hell. A man like Obama, who went in with all black hair and look fit as a fiddle and came out the other side with gray hair in eight years, who knows what could happen to Bernie. Hell I'm surprised Trump is still standing, but then again he doesn't give a shit being President.

Sch1sm

True religion files for bankruptcy? Heh

LOL. Not even surprised considering their intended market ain’t got the money for such ugly denim.

Holy shit i haven't heard that name in years.

What next Ed Hardy and Tapout?

You’d be surprised how many people wear that brand. I got this 14yo cousin obsessed with their shit.

Get better denim for less and better looking. Not surprising. I just find it funny they legit blamed it on online shoppers.

Why shop in stores when you know your size? They’re neglecting the fact that people could buy from their own site, but clearly chose not to. They weren’t competitive enough with other retailers discounts, or their product wasn’t appealing. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

LotusHD

Banned
It's like having to deal with people who say Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood is better than the original show without looking at the storytelling behind each, because they finally got to have their stupid fucking romance subplot and Harry Potter happy ending.

Brotherhood is better tho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom