• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT19| - You Still Can't Say Tanned

Status
Not open for further replies.

Faustek

We need to trade notes.

-----

Beefy, report back from the sunken place. Dudes had Jewelry down there.

Slice it up, remove the root, throw it in water with salt(I use whatever with iodines) for a few hours. Heat up the oil, use a lot of oil, not that single mm in the bottom of the pan but nearly to cover it all up.
Fry it, turn them around when they become lightbrown, takes about 10m.
Take them up, smash them like tostones, fry them again like tostones and here you can add whatever. I use garlic oil.
To it I usually have gallo pinto.

I actually never considered doing it any other way. That's how mom mostly did it. Sometimes grandma made it together with Cassava and coconut milk.

I have decent opinions sometimes

I was...what 5 when Spider-Man 2 came out? I loved it then loved it. Got me into comics. Then I went back and watched it...nah

Nah

Nah

hah, Yes going back to old movies you loved really changes things.

LionPride

Banned
Make me roll my eyes more LP. Make me roll em more.
The Raimi movies are alright movies

Two shitty fucking leads who are garbage surrounded by people with actual talent doesn't make a good movie though and doing it for three movies is worse

Molina was good in SM2

I honestly don't give a damn about anything else in that movie

Oh Peter isn't Spider-Man because he doesn't want to so he lost his powers? Then there hints it was because he's impotent???

Oh Mary Jane is a horrible person to her much better but boring boyfriend

Oh Harry is the only other character in this movie who is worth a damn besides Aunt May for one scene

Why is Peter just such a little punk ass motherfucker in those movies? Why

OOh, you listen to Les Nubians too? I randomly found them one day on YouTube. I like them.

I was trying to see if I could find my copy of Poetic Justice in the house today, but couldn't and couldn't find it online anywhere either so I just ended up watching Daddy's Little Girls with my mom.
My step-mom worked for their US lawyers so I knew of them from before the 1st album. I had a demo CD of like 4 songs 4 months before the album dropped because of that

What makes it venezuelan?
It has a fuck ton of shit on it. Hamburger, ham, egg, potatoe sticks, cabbage and some other shit

Zaverious

Why you about to make me rewatch them movies and prove you right? Probably last saw them on TV like 6 years ago. Saw clips of them on Youtube in recent months and it was alright but like I said out of context clips. Still campy fun though. Ending of that train scene is still some dumb stuff though. Thought that on my first viewing as a kid too.

LionPride

Banned
I am having a hard time justifying Kanye as a top five modern rapper. Not with Future, all 3 of the Migos, and Lil Yachty
Being serious or not

Man ain't ever had a bad album

So him and K.Dot are probably still my one and two

Future, Mick Jenkins, Noname, Travis Scott, Uzi, Migos, Titty Boi, Staples, Thugger, Gucci, and Syd round out my favorites of today

Why you about to make me rewatch them movies and prove you right? Probably last saw them on TV like 6 years ago. Saw clips of them on Youtube in recent months and it was alright but like I said out of context clips. Still campy fun though. Ending of that train scene is still some dumb stuff though. Thought that on my first viewing as a kid too.
Cause it's fine. That's it. Fine. And none of it is because of the main two characters.

Slayven

Being serious or not

Man ain't ever had a bad album

So him and K.Dot are probably still my one and two

Future, Mick Jenkins, Noname, Travis Scott, Uzi, Migos, Titty Boi, Staples, Thugger, Gucci, and Syd round out my favorites of today

Can't take you serious without Pastor Troy in that list.

LotusHD

Banned

I liked the train scene. :(

Morning kin, hope y'all had a good day.
--
Waldo...man I really need to break this vegan thing. That reminds me to much of home. I can already feel the gnawing deep down in my core and I just ate coco grits with weird ass facon. If it wasn't for these promised superpowers I don't think I could have held out this long.

I have never tried it roasted. Always fried it here at home. I need to try roasted.

Trust me man, this one of the few times I let loose like that. I'm eating clean - though the food still bomb tbh - 80% of the time. My workout sessions for the rest of this month bout to triple up since I'm cutting. I enjoy a lot of vegan dishes though , you gotta find the right ones for you. Asian dishes can accommodate vegan, as well a latin.

LotusHD

Banned
I found the whole scene great except for the last part where the civilians are carrying him out unmasked. I dunno why it made me feel some type of way but it did.

I didn't mind it, I guess it's obviously unrealistic that not a single soul would reveal his identity (Or is it the crowd carrying him out part that bugged y'all?), but I thought it was sweet. Like people keep saying, movie is some good ol' campy fun.

Zaverious

...I legit forgot The Amazing Spider-Man movies were a thing. I slept through the first one a few times on TV and never watched the second one.

LotusHD

Banned
But hell, TASM2's Electro v Spidey end fight is actually pretty fucking good too despite that movie being a shit show

I just rewatched the movie today, and I already kind of forgot about that fight cuz of the BS that followed after w/ Harry.

...I legit forgot The Amazing Spider-Man movies were a thing. I slept through the first one a few times on TV and never watched the second one.

It was okay back in the day, but now w/ Holland, I'm like... I def. don't miss it.

LionPride

Banned
I just rewatched the movie today, and I already kind of forgot about that fight cuz of the BS that followed after w/ Harry.

It was okay back in the day, but now w/ Holland, I'm like... I def. don't miss it.
I was fine with DeHaan's Harry actually, like disregarding the dumb as hell blood shit, he did come across as a bratty kid who didn't get what he wanted but eh

I just want my Osborns with waves tho

Only comic accurate thing I want damn it

I didn't mind it, I guess it's obviously unrealistic that not a single soul would reveal his identity (Or is it the crowd carrying him out part that bugged y'all?), but I thought it was sweet. Like people keep saying, movie is some good ol' campy fun.

How would they? Not like they know his name. Probably wouldn't never even run into him again.

Faustek

Trust me man, this one of the few times I let loose like that. I'm eating clean - though the food still bomb tbh - 80% of the time. My workout sessions for the rest of this month bout to triple up since I'm cutting. I enjoy a lot of vegan dishes though , you gotta find the right ones for you. Asian dishes can accommodate vegan, as well a latin.

That was my problem. I love food so I overate every week and added that I can't run as I used to I started gaining weight and my stomach finally gave in. Ulcer after Ulcer. Biggest reason why I'm trying vegan only. Has helped.
And yes, I'm down with the Latin and Asian dishes. Been fun to modify and experiment with the ones I already knew as well. Some have been disastrous though. Vegan replacements are often not good substitutes and no matter of seasoning can help that.

I don't like any of the Raimi Spiderman films.

Morning.

Really like this part of you Shy. You really raised yourself right.

Spinluck

The 2nd one is hot garbage, with some good performances from Garfield, Stone, and Dehaan. Solid Spidey action and imagery too. Maybe it's just me, but the scores in this film are actually pretty decent too. Better than 90% of the MCUs music.

The 1st was, ok? I don't think it's as bad the Raimi hive mind makes it out to be. It's just a really boring safe take on the character. Having his parents be the ones to give him his powers was LAME as fuck. But yeah, the movies could disappear from existence and I don't think they'd be missed much. They didn't really add anything to the character.

LionPride

Banned
The 2nd one is hot garbage, with some good performances from Garfield, Stone, and Dehaan. Solid Spidey action and imagery too. Maybe it's just me, but the scores in this film are actually pretty decent too. Better than 90% of the MCUs music.

The 1st was, ok? I don't think it's as bad the Raimi hive mind makes it out to be. It's just a really boring safe take on the character. Having his parents be the ones to give him his powers was LAME as fuck. But yeah, the movies could disappear from existence and I don't think they'd be missed much. They didn't really add anything to the character.
The TASM2 score is good. Hell I like how the score is Electro's inner thoughts

Plus Pharell the GOAT

Faustek

I must admit that I have only ever seen the first showings of each reboot of spider-man. Tried something here and there and always got up and did something else or just fell asleep. Just don't like the movies especially in comparison to the comics.
This time around I'm still excited as I always was but I actually have hope as well.

Zekes!

I'm finishing up the Stats portion of my Qualitative/Quantitative research course and this shit is kicking my ass. The course is so dry and being an online course means I feel like for everything I do learn, there's a bunch that I don't or is flying over my head. I hope I somehow manage to do really well on my final assignments 'cause I already fucked up and slacked on the weekly activities which I only just realized contributed more than I thought to my overall grade.

LotusHD

Banned
Finished Spiderman 2. Enjoyed it like always, but yea, it's definitely not this untouchable classic where I would say that Homecoming has no chance in terms of surpassing it.

That said, nothing left to do now except to watch it, hopefully this weekend.

Zaverious

I preordered FFXII yesterday. Hopefully I go beyond the first flying ship dungeon that kicked my ass and made my game seemingly unbeatable years ago.

LionPride

Banned
Finished Spiderman 2. Enjoyed it like always, but yea, it's definitely not this untouchable classic where I would say that Homecoming has no chance in terms of surpassing it.

That said, nothing left to do now except to watch it, hopefully this weekend.
Shit as long as people understand that I'm straight. Like it's one of the few things where I will shit on people who put it on some perch

And the X-Men movies

Any of em

Espeically X2 and DOFP

Zaverious

I remember nothing from the X-Men film franchise before First Class. I think I enjoyed them but highly preferred the Spider-Man films at the time.

Edit: I've seen all the MCU movies except for the Iron Man ones. Seen some clips of their endings but that's about it. Should watch them sometime after Spider-Man Homecoming.

LionPride

Banned
I remember nothing from the X-Men film franchise before First Class. I think I enjoyed them but highly preferred the Spider-Man films at the time.

Edit: I've seen all the MCU movies except for the Iron Man ones. Seen some clips of their endings but that's about it. Should watch them sometime after Spider-Man Homecoming.
Iron Man isn't as good as people would like to believe

Iron Man 3 is good to me anyways

Iron Man 2 exists

Also none of the MCU movies are like...bad movies. Not even the bad ones in Iron Man 2 and Thor 2

Zekes!

I remember being disappointed by Iron Man when it came out. I remember wishing it had more action sequences, and thinking the climax was not so great

Zaverious

Man I'm so ready to play FFXII. It's my favourite mainline entry

I want to play all of the mainlines eventually. I've only beaten 10. The spinoffs I beat were 10-2, Dissidia, Dissidia 012, Tactics A2, and Crisis Core. I've pretty much seen everything there is to see in FFXV through streams and playing it at my cousin's house and I'm downloading FFXIV right now. Currently playing through FF1 and FFIV Complete on PSP. I don't know where the hell to go in FF1 most of the time.

LionPride

Banned
Loved Iron Man as an 8 year old, my cousin kept us after to watch the end credits and I got hype as fuck

Watching it again last year...it's aight

But it's in my lower end of MCU movies

LotusHD

Banned
The First Class trilogy, namely the first two since the 3rd one was clearly... not good, does very little for me. And I enjoyed them well enough, but like, I don't have any real excitement to see the next entry. I guess I'm just indifferent because frankly I care very little about the new cast outside of maybe Fassbender.

I only genuinely cared about Logan, where despite the lackluster ending, it was good to see it focused on both Charles and Logan. Laura is also promising.

Zekes!

I want to play all of the mainlines eventually. I've only beaten 10. The spinoffs I beat were 10-2, Dissidia, Dissidia 012, Tactics A2, and Crisis Core. I've pretty much seen everything there is to see in FFXV through streams and playing it at my cousin's house and I'm downloading FFXIV right now. Currently playing through FF1 and FFIV Complete on PSP. I don't know where the hell to go in FF1 most of the time.

The only FF's I've beaten is 1 (GBA), 8, 9, 10, 12, and Tactics. I could never get into the 2D Final Fantasy's, though I pushed myself to beat 1 when I was a teenager. Haven't played anything after 12. Will probably get XV when it gets cheap enough, though.

My top 5 would be 12, Tactics, 8, 9 and Crystal Chronicles

Man these people just copy pasta this shit so easily

"When asked specifically about his other posts that consisted of racist, Islamophobic, and anti-Semitic language and imagery, he answered, "I love people of all races, creeds and origins. One of my best friends is a homosexual and one of my best friends is Jewish and one of my best friends is Muslim.""

LionPride

Banned
The First Class trilogy, namely the first two since the 3rd one was clearly... not good, does very little for me. And I enjoyed them well enough, but like, I don't have any real excitement to see the next entry. I guess I'm just indifferent because frankly I care very little about the new cast outside of maybe Fassbender.

I only genuinely cared about Logan, where despite the lackluster ending, it was good to see it focused on both Charles and Logan. Laura is also promising.
First Class is good

Days of Future Past is boring as fuck and I'm positive no one on this site has made it past the first 20 of the movie because the rest is garbonzo beans

Apocalypse is actually not good as a movie

Sophie Turner can't fucking act

Neither can the block of wood playin Scott

Zaverious

Only one I had a problem with since First Class was Apocalypse. Just a snooze cruise throughout. Days of Future Past, Logan, and Deadpool were great though.

Edit: Well actually DOFP was kinda good but it actually kept me engaged throughout. The acting in these movies outside of Logan, Charles, and Magneto is such a shame though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom