• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT19| - You Still Can't Say Tanned

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did end up going to the reunion. A ton of black folk I've never seen and a lot of food. Not like Waldo level, but a lot. Big ass burgers, hotdogs, fried chicken, BBQ chicken, potato salad, pasta salad, rice, gravy, cubed steak, yams, some fruit, baked beans, macaroni & cheese, and fish.

Dessert: 4 different types of pound cake, honey bun cake, and some kind of cream pie.

One of my older cousins could talk his ass off and was saying if we weren't cousins he'd hop on me with the quickness
. That was awkward.

That's so weird.

Slayven

Random thought...

Aaliyah's family needs to release her damn music.

This woman was one of THE Iconic R&B females of the 90s, but younger generations almost don't know about her because you can't find her music anywhere, because her family is STILL stuck on some "we won't release her music digitally" shit.

Even Prince got over that shit.

Thats really a thing? Damn........

D i Z

I shouldve known people would come into that thread, play their stupid little pedantic games, my ignore list got quite the workout from that. The last straw for me was the poster who suggested the victim brought that mob attack on himself because "maybe he wasnt a saint."
Fucking devilish man.

I was real cool on that thread from jump. Europeans will work out any kind of way to claim no racism exists whatsoever (like we can't see it when it happens) even when it's basic A.B.C's while watching entire political parties of racists taking over countries and turning them into fascist states over there. But 'merica. That's were the problem really is.
This country is trying to mimic what those countries are.

Faustek

I was real cool on that thread from jump. Europeans will work out any kind of way to claim no racism exists whatsoever (like we can't see it when it happens) even when it's basic A.B.C's while watching entire political parties of racists taking over countries and turning them into fascist states over there. But 'merica. That's were the problem really is.

And that's why I'm becoming an angry stereotypes. It isn't new and just because we're not getting murdered in the streets, yet, doesn't make the rest less important.

LotusHD

Banned
This past week was sooo bad.I don't know where to start.Fuck it.

My Grandmother died last Friday
Saw family I haven't seen in years (good part)
Family fussing about money all week.
Family mad that the body doesn't look like my Grandmother
Family has Royal Rumble match in Grandmother's house.

And the Funeral is at 12 pm.

:/

Late post, but condolences.

I did end up going to the reunion. A ton of black folk I've never seen and a lot of food. Not like Waldo level, but a lot. Big ass burgers, hotdogs, fried chicken, BBQ chicken, potato salad, pasta salad, rice, gravy, cubed steak, yams, some fruit, baked beans, macaroni & cheese, and fish.

Dessert: 4 different types of pound cake, honey bun cake, and some kind of cream pie.

One of my older cousins could talk his ass off and was saying if we weren't cousins he'd hop on me with the quickness. That was awkward.

Damn, you're like an extreme version of my friend who always seems to be attracting weirdness everywhere she goes.

Slayven

I always wish i can could answer the minority population of counties. I am sure the First Nation of Canada might have a different view of things.

Sigh. Alcohol is good to me.

4469093-screen+shot+2015-03-25+at+5.13.24+pm+copy.jpg

Faustek

My summer is still cold :( had maybe 2 days so far that where above 25°c(77°f)

That friend zone thread is hella weird

People believing in the friend zone are hella weird. I mean there is a surefire cure for it.

"hey, wanna go out? no? Ok, bye". Done.

EDIT:

Btw Diz, when roasting the breadfruit do you keep the peel? Or remove it before putting it in the foil?

LionPride

Banned
The friend zone is a fictional place made up by dudes who just aren’t it for the person they’re tryna get with.

AND IT'S ALWAYS NIGGAS BUT PEOPLE DON'T WANNA BRING THAT SHIT UP UNLESS IT'S SOMEONE WHO SAYS THE FZ AIN'T REAL

Like for real, as someone who has liked plenty of women, if a girl said nah we just gon be friends....aight the fuck. I ain't gon complain of the "Friendzone" nigga Imma pick my shit up and go on to the next

D i Z

The friend zone is a fictional place made up by dudes who just aren’t it for the person they’re tryna get with.

It's crazy how people have made signals to just move on in life cos you ain't got it like that into something that can be weaponized.

D i Z

My summer is still cold :( had maybe 2 days so far that where above 25°c(77°f)

People believing in the friend zone are hella weird. I mean there is a surefire cure for it.

"hey, wanna go out? no? Ok, bye". Done.

EDIT:

Btw Diz, when roasting the breadfruit do you keep the peel? Or remove it before putting it in the foil?

I'll trade you some of that cold for some of this scorching heat.

As for the Breadfruit, roast in the peel. If you remove it, the Breadfruit is going to be too dry and hard to eat. Not a lot of liquids in there. It'll be dry enough by the roasting, and that's where the Ackee and everything else comes in to keep it light and delicious. I'm not sure on the roasting times though. I usually go with "shorter than you would expect".

Ok Spidermans was great

How in the hell did
they find black people in New York and that dam MJ twist, she SPRUNG!
like hardcore. Also with the surprise
return of the GOOP queen herself and the bad take kiss where she was laughing
during it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom