• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT19| - You Still Can't Say Tanned

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChamplooJones

Formerly Momotaro
This past week was sooo bad.I don't know where to start.Fuck it.

My Grandmother died last Friday
Saw family I haven't seen in years (good part)
Family fussing about money all week.
Family mad that the body doesn't look like my Grandmother
Family has Royal Rumble match in Grandmother's house.

And the Funeral is at 12 pm.

:/
I went through a similar week when my aunt died last year. I feel your pain dude.

This past week was sooo bad.I don't know where to start.Fuck it.

My Grandmother died last Friday
Saw family I haven't seen in years (good part)
Family fussing about money all week.
Family mad that the body doesn't look like my Grandmother
Family has Royal Rumble match in Grandmother's house.

And the Funeral is at 12 pm.

:/

god damn

I can't think of Marisa Tomei as hot because she reminds me too much of my older sister. I'm honestly relating with Peter when everyone is hitting on May. When Tony did it, I cringed and wanted to throw up in my mouth.

D i Z

I can't think of Marisa Tomei as hot because she reminds me too much of my older sister. I'm honestly relating with Peter when everyone is hitting on May. When Tony did it, I cringed and wanted to throw up in my mouth.

I mean, she's hot yeah. No doubt about that. But she gets to be the mother figure and the sister to Pete which is important. She's not living with him because she's an old biddy and life's choices have left her. That woman has options. That makes their bond even more of a unique and special thing because it feels like less of an obligation for both of them and more of a real choice to do it together.

And yeah, she's hot.

She ain't hot anyway. I wasn't studying her little boring ass when she was on A Different World.

WestCoastKnight

Neo Member
Where you're from -Inglewood,CA

Where you live Inglewood,CA

What is your age? -21

Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy -I don't know

Do you know your roots -no and at this point i don't care

Favorite musical genre -electro swing

Your profession/major/career interest -film major

Your religious affiliation -some type of theist, i believed in god but not religion but i do say i'm christian to avoid getting my ass beat. my dad is actively trying to convert me to the Israelite Church of God in Jesus Christ

Hobbies - video games, rugby filmmaking

KFC, Popeye's, Churches, or Bojangles? -none, my mother can make better chicken

Marvel or DC? - marvel

Favorite superhero? - Mr. fantastic

Anime or Nah? - anime

Favorite sport and team? - All Blacks

What's your favorite Disney movie? - Smart House

What's your favorite video game and genre? Jet Set Radio

GODDAMN SPIDER-MAN WAS SO GOOD
6f0.gif

It may be the best Spider-Man film ever made

Where you're from -Inglewood,CA

Where you live Inglewood,CA

What is your age? -21

Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy -I don't know

Do you know your roots -no and at this point i don't care

Favorite musical genre -electro swing

Your profession/major/career interest -film major

Your religious affiliation -some type of theist, i believed in god but not religion but i do say i'm christian to avoid getting my ass beat. my dad is actively trying to convert me to the Israelite Church of God in Jesus Christ

Hobbies - video games, rugby filmmaking

KFC, Popeye's, Churches, or Bojangles? -none, my mother can make better chicken

Marvel or DC? - marvel

Favorite superhero? - Mr. fantastic

Anime or Nah? - anime

Favorite sport and team? - All Blacks

What's your favorite Disney movie? - Smart House

What's your favorite video game and genre? Jet Set Radio

Welcome and why Mr. Fantastic if I can ask?

I did end up going to the reunion. A ton of black folk I've never seen and a lot of food. Not like Waldo level, but a lot. Big ass burgers, hotdogs, fried chicken, BBQ chicken, potato salad, pasta salad, rice, gravy, cubed steak, yams, some fruit, baked beans, macaroni & cheese, and fish.

Dessert: 4 different types of pound cake, honey bun cake, and some kind of cream pie.

One of my older cousins could talk his ass off and was saying if we weren't cousins he'd hop on me with the quickness. That was awkward.

I did end up going to the reunion. A ton of black folk I've never seen and a lot of food. Not like Waldo level, but a lot. Big ass burgers, hotdogs, fried chicken, BBQ chicken, potato salad, pasta salad, rice, gravy, cubed steak, yams, some fruit, baked beans, macaroni & cheese, and fish.

Dessert: 4 different types of pound cake, honey bun cake, and some kind of cream pie.

One of my uncles could talk his ass off and was saying if we weren't cousins he'd hop on me with the quickness. That was awkward.

Invite me next year. I need to fill up my schedule, and I love food. (Not really)

One of my uncles could talk his ass off and was saying if we weren't cousins he'd hop on me with the quickness. That was awkward.
wtf at your uncle

I hope it's okay if I join in this community.
Where you're from - the United States of America
Where you live - Boise, Idaho
What is your age? - 23
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy - Mix of Dutch and Scottish.
Do you know your roots - Not really.
Favorite musical genre - Don't really have one.
Your profession/major/career interest - History
Your religious affiliation - Protestant
Hobbies - Read books, video games, writing, and watching various tv shows and anime.
KFC, Popeye's, Churches, or Bojangles? - I have eaten only at KFC and Popeye's, so I cannot answer this question.
Marvel or DC? - Both
Favorite superhero? - Batman
Anime or Nah? - Anime
Favorite sport and team? - I guess football.
What's your favorite Disney movie? - Big Hero Six
What's your favorite video game and genre?- RTSs.

Oh, hi ShadowSwordMaster.

Bwahahah some dude calls feminists entitled r-words and then calls me close minded because I'm not willing to hear all his proof that feminism is evil.

Friend Zone topics are the best :|

What the hell is the "r-word"? Cause we're not about to turn calling people racist into some offensive and oppressive thing

royalan

Random thought...

Aaliyah's family needs to release her damn music.

This woman was one of THE Iconic R&B females of the 90s, but younger generations almost don't know about her because you can't find her music anywhere, because her family is STILL stuck on some "we won't release her music digitally" shit.

Even Prince got over that shit.

Faustek

Ms.Nipples.. Your uncle is weird.

What the hell is the "r-word"? Cause we're not about to turn calling people racist into some offensive and oppressive thing

Isn't it "retard" that they mean? I mean calling feminist racist isn't the usual when it comes to this.

Random thought...

Aaliyah's family needs to release her damn music.

This woman was one of THE Iconic R&B females of the 90s, but younger generations almost don't know about her because you can't find her music anywhere, because her family is STILL stuck on some "we won't release her music digitally" shit.

Even Prince got over that shit.

Only a few videos exist and while I do like them it isn't enough and definitely not due to the aspect that you're mentioning.

Should've never looked at that Greece thread.

I shouldve known people would come into that thread, play their stupid little pedantic games, my ignore list got quite the workout from that. The last straw for me was the poster who suggested the victim brought that mob attack on himself because "maybe he wasnt a saint."
Fucking devilish man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom