• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT2|

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
Today is the day everyone I know at work gets laidoff. It's funny how used to this I am now.

Survivor's guilt is a hell of a thing. The first few times, it's hard. After that, it's like "oh well, maybe I can get his whiteboard". For those of you who have experienced it and ever thought, "hey, is this what they were talking about in Band of Brothers when they stopped trying to remember people's names when people are getting greased during combat?" Yes, yes it is.

Slayven

Today is the day everyone I know at work gets laidoff. It's funny how used to this I am now.

Atleast they tell you ahead of time. At my old job I went to lunch one day and came back they laid 60 percent of the people. They did it by hire date, and I been there just about the longest. Weird as hell.

That is why I could never be managment, I am a bastard. But even I can't look a chick that is 8 months pregnant in the eye and tell her to kick rocks.

DominoKid

help me decide what to do w/ my hair

i'm in that awkward minifro stage right now.
i'm thinking about going out Bynum style but i'm not trying to wait that long lmao.

it's at least not getting cut until xmas, but last time i grew my hair out it topped out at like 2 inches. i dont have that good hair lmao.

Slayven

help me decide what to do w/ my hair

i'm in that awkward minifro stage right now.
i'm thinking about going out Bynum style but i'm not trying to wait that long lmao.

it's at least not getting cut until xmas, but last time i grew my hair out it topped out at like 2 inches. i dont have that good hair lmao.

kid-from-kid-n-play-high-top-fade-530x422.jpg

DominoKid

yep. if nothing else that's gonna be my halloween outfit next year. bynum giving no fucks. "its a bank in every city" is the truest shit he ever said.

http://fashionbombdaily.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/kid-from-kid-n-play-high-top-fade-530x422.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

i'd feel like an idiot so i couldnt pull it off lmao.
the idgaf levels are too high. im too self-conscious.

Survivor's guilt is a hell of a thing. The first few times, it's hard. After that, it's like "oh well, maybe I can get his whiteboard". For those of you who have experienced it and ever thought, "hey, is this what they were talking about in Band of Brothers when they stopped trying to remember people's names when people are getting greased during combat?" Yes, yes it is.

I'm gonna have a desk in two different suites, two monitors at each station. 4 monitor future motherfuckers!

Feelings of being looked past as not good enough and not being beautiful in the eyes of popular media bring that out. Not excusing the fact that it's bigoted, but the root is really about a feeling of rejection rather than superiority.

I can understand that which is why it doesn't make me angry but I can't deny that's where the most shit comes from.

A.E Suggs

So I went to my local store just to see if any hostess were left. There wasn't but I expected that, but there also wasn't any of the other cakes left either and I had seen them early in the morning. I don't think people be looking at the names, they just be grabbing shit.

I had a Twinkie for the first time just a few years ago and was disappointed. I expected some sweet awesomeness and didn't get that. wonder how the chocolate ones tasted. I've been hooked on those Little Debbie Boston creme pies.

ReiGun

Charity event I was making a playlist for ended tonight after lasting this week (playlist was for a party tonight). Grand total for the week was $1132, all going to Child's Play. Feeling damn good about that.

Also, Little Debbie was always > Hostess. Still gonna miss the twinkies tho.

A.E Suggs

I never liked the taste of the filling in twinkies so I can't say I'll miss them. Little Debbie's always been better anyway.

Come on now people twinkies aren't the only thing they have as snacks. The apple pies and coffee cakes were what I were after, fuck a twinkie.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
So apparently we're all internet bullies

so the hellothereracist site was taken down and then posted back up. minus quite a few of the racists but the owner will try to keep it up.

also on another note

tumblr_mdmgatXBBJ1qdbyylo1_500.png

Live on in infamy though the rumor is that dougie isn't the only casualty for his hate filled views. People have contacted these racist kids (though if your over 18 i don't consider you a kid... and neither do the courts) schools and jobs to inform them that hey these people are racist. Anyhow this might become a long term site with the goal of exposing racism on social media....

I have the ability to get a Wii U tomorrow(one of the only advantages of working in retail). I was getting a little hyped about it, but the more I dig in the more I'm :/

Was all into the idea of playing my virtual console games on the gamepad(Wii/VC are not compatible with the pad)

Well I'll at least be able to use the pad as a handy internet tablet(browser doesn't support flash)

Portable Netflix player?(Netflix and most media apps pushed to December)

No games I'm into at launch, not hyped for a side scrolling Mario, don't know if ZombieU is worth it. Aliens seems cool with the pad acting as a motion sensor, but it's not out for awhile. Most of the other games i can get on 360.

I don't know......

I have the ability to get a Wii U tomorrow(one of the only advantages of working in retail). I was getting a little hyped about it, but the more I dig in the more I'm :/

Was all into the idea of playing my virtual console games on the gamepad(Wii/VC are not compatible with the pad)

Well I'll at least be able to use the pad as a handy internet tablet(browser doesn't support flash)

No games I'm into at launch, not hyped for a side scrolling Mario, don't know if ZombieU is worth it. Aliens seems cool with the pad acting as a motion sensor, but it's not out for awhile. Most of the other games i can get on 360.

I don't know......

I'm interested in the Wii-U but I really don't need another current gen console. Maybe when the next Smash Bros, Bayonetta 2, and the Wonderful 101 hit the shelves I'll bite but right now my PS3 does everything it needs to.

Zombi-U does look good though

Imm0rt4l

I don't know......

Not feeling wii-u.

The new Rayman looks gorgeous though.

Not feeling wii-u.

The new Rayman looks gorgeous though.

Its crazy. I have the money, but I dont have the passion. I could get my replacement PS3 but the only game I want on ps3 is basicly vaporware(the last guardian). I think the fact that the virtual console games not being able to be used on the pad killed my hype the most. Its only $350 but I dont want it to be another paper weight like my Wii currently is.
EDIT:
HOLD ON TO YOUR BUTTS

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=500250

Fuck Hostess, Lil Debbie been riding with me for 27 years lol. A quarter for a star crunch? Zebra cake? Oatmeal pie? Swiss roll? Fudge round? Man hostess wasn't with me shooting in the gym.

Top Bottom