• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT2|

ReiGun

Agreed, but Life might be one of the most underrated comedies of all time. Fucking love that movie. One of the more tastefully done parodies in recent memory.

I used to watch that movie almost everyday as a kid. I need to get the dvd.

The uppa room!

I used to watch that movie almost everyday as a kid. I need to get the dvd.

The uppa room!

"I got to be honest with you, boss. You don't wanna gimme that gun, because I'd prolly shoot you with it."

"...that was the wrong answer, boy."

*later*

"Boy, I'da taken that deal."
"Pardon? You say somethin' to me?"
"I'da knocked you offa them bottles, put a bullet in yo ass and been halfway to New York by now."

:lol :lol :lol

you can read some of it on amazon preview. think i might read this book, for research purposes.

"Eden shot to her feet, her heart racing, as a plump, dark-skinned lab assistant appeared on the other side of the partition. It was only Peach, who wasn't as cruel as the rest of them"

"In that quiet, treasured space, she allowed herself one small but true thought: I hate them. And yet, if only Eden were one of them, she'd be beautiful and safe."

"Images of Pearls in natural coloring were forbidden. If they caught Eden looking, she would be punished."

"She was a lowly Pearl, worth nothing in a world ruled by dark-skinned Coals."

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
you can read some of it on amazon preview. think i might read this book, for research purposes.

"Eden shot to her feet, her heart racing, as a plump, dark-skinned lab assistant appeared on the other side of the partition. It was only Peach, who wasn't as cruel as the rest of them"

"In that quiet, treasured space, she allowed herself one small but true thought: I hate them. And yet, if only Eden were one of them, she'd be beautiful and safe."

"Images of Pearls in natural coloring were forbidden. If they caught Eden looking, she would be punished."

God. Damn.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
why we gotta be called Coals doe

It doesn't make sense. If they are at the top of the societal food chain, then they could easily have some up with a better name. Although to be honest, with the pearls having the only decent name, it seems like some sort of hate speak about white people being oppresed in the modern society by the growing minority community(its the plot I know)

It doesn't make sense. If they are at the top of the societal food chain, then they could easily have some up with a better name. Although to be honest, with the pearls having the only decent name, it seems like some sort of hate speak about white people being oppresed in the modern society by the growing minority community(its the plot I know)

Tiger's-Eyes ain't bad for a subtle racial slur.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air

Maybe this is a twisted reaction to the growing % of minority children being born in America. I mean I don't want to say the writer had an agenda but it would fit that agenda.

Coals
Pearls

This sounds like a stupid book.
Stupid and racist.

This needs to be made into a thread, it needs to be laughed into non-existence.

In a post-apocalyptic world where resistance to an overheated environment defines class and beauty, Eden Newman’s white skin brands her as a member of the lowest class, a weak and ugly Pearl. The clock is ticking: if Eden doesn’t mate before her eighteenth birthday, she’ll be left outside to die.

If only a dark-skinned Coal from the ruling class would pick up her mate option, she’d be safe. But no matter how much Eden darkens her skin and hair, she’s still a Pearl, still ugly-cursed with a tragically low mate-rate of 15%.

Just maybe one Coal sees the real Eden and will save her-she has begun secretly dating her handsome co-worker Jamal. But when Eden unwittingly compromises her father’s secret biological experiment, she is thrown into the eye of a storm-and the remaining patch of rainforest, a strange and dangerous land.

Eden must fight to save her father, who may be humanity’s last hope, while standing up to a powerful beast-man she believes is her enemy, despite her overwhelming attraction to him. To survive, Eden must change-but only if she can redefine her ideas of beauty-and of true love.

Acclaimed writer VICTORIA FOYT blends equal parts suspense and philosophy, adventure and romance, in this captivating dystopian novel set in a terrifying future, which is all too easy to imagine.

The first installment in the Save the Pearls series of fantasy romance novels, Revealing Eden recently won the 2012 Eric Hoffer Award in the Young Adult Category, the Best YA Fantasy Award from Books & Authors, and was runner up in the 2012 Los Angeles Book Festival!

obviously coal is the most precious resource after nucular, oil and natural gas ran out!

Robert Pattoison as Prince Coal
Justin Bieber as Tiger's-Eyes Garcia
Shiao La Buef as Amber Lee
Charisma-less white girl as The Pure Pearl
Precious as the jealous hate mongering She-coal
HAHAHAHA!! Thank god I didn't have anything in my mouth or it would have been all over my computer screen.

Top Bottom