• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT2|

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Again, thanks for the shout outs yal

I almost had a Mufasa moment yesterday, but it was fun

RedSwirl

Agreed, but Life might be one of the most underrated comedies of all time. Fucking love that movie. One of the more tastefully done parodies in recent memory.

Life is also the last I remember seeing "classic" Eddie. Watched it once recently and I was surprised to see Eddie in that form as late as 1997.

Yup. Birthday is on the 8th.

Nice, mine is on the 13th.

I have no idea how a sunburn feels like.

No matter how black you are you can get sunburn if you stay in the sun long enough. My good friend is from Ghana and he is black as tar and still peels from long days out on the boat. It probably just takes you guys 8+ hours exposed to direct sun to burn if you are really dark. I'm brown and don't really get sunburn but when I was out on the water at Key West for 6+ hours my shoulders and neck all peeled like crazy a few days later.

NumberTwo

Paper or plastic?
I'll never forget the time I went to the doctor and she asked me if I knew what sunscreen was, true story. As if my skin was somehow impervious to excessive UV ray exposure.

yeah, i don't mess with the sun, gotta protect my chocolate complexion.

SPF 30 all the way
30??? SHHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT.

If you aint 80 PLUS you ain't doing it right!!

spf_sun_protection.jpg

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Wear sun screen dammit. Don't let your tan hubris be the end of you.

This was a lesson learned the hard way.

yeah, i don't mess with the sun, gotta protect my chocolate complexion.

SPF 30 all the way

My friend of mixed irish/german/mexican decent used that yesterday. His ass was radiating heat from his burns by the end of the night

30??? SHHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT.

If you aint 80 PLUS you ain't doing it right!!

spf_sun_protection.jpg

I'm gonna have to look into this. Can't fuck around anymore.

Slayven

Nice, mine is on the 13th.

No matter how black you are you can get sunburn if you stay in the sun long enough. My good friend is from Ghana and he is black as tar and still peels from long days out on the boat. It probably just takes you guys 8+ hours exposed to direct sun to burn if you are really dark. I'm brown and don't really get sunburn but when I was out on the water at Key West for 6+ hours my shoulders and neck all peeled like crazy a few days later.
You folks that live in places with dry heat get caught slipping. The humidity down here makes you get out of the sun quick. You walk outside here and you start choking cause the air is so thick and hot.

DY_nasty

Okay, I got a question

I've been really "proud" of some of my scars for a long time, but I'm finally at the point where I think I can get rid of them. Is there a go-to scar removal lotion or therapy solution for black skin?

DY_nasty

Such a thing exists?

I was hoping lol

I got scar right in the middle of my chest that i've had for a few years now, a couple on my arms too. I'm cool with them, but I'm kinda ready to drop them now.

looking to get tatted soon too and those scars are taking up manscape

Imm0rt4l

Okay, I got a question

I've been really "proud" of some of my scars for a long time, but I'm finally at the point where I think I can get rid of them. Is there a go-to scar removal lotion or therapy solution for black skin?

I don't know of such a thing, but I think I've heard Aloe Vera might have some effect. You should probably see a dermatologist though. Depending on on the scar, removal might require that you zap em(this is the case for stretch marks I have on my pecs from lifting).

DY_nasty

im kinda passed the scars at this point... i like em, but i don't really want to "build" on them if you catch what im saying

and all i know is aloe vera and cocoa butter guys :(

Top Bottom