• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT4| Learn to love the BBC

I thought this was going to be a remake of BLACK DEVIL DOLL FROM HELL, so really, it could be worse.

Think I posted the trailer a while back haha. It's Full Moon bro, their movies are always amazing. Ya'll should check out Black Devil Doll. Probably one of the funniest films I've ever seen.

They're going with so many things in that trailer that it seems like something's got to give. Still, I'm going to have fun explaining a movie about a voodoo doll with a dehumanizing stare and a toothpick teaming up with his girlfriend to get revenge.

mayonnaise is good on the right food

yall wasnt raised right

Mayonnaise is good in small amounts - but from personal experience, it seems like most people don't figure this out for a long, long time. We need to start teaching this to the children young, so that they don't repeat our soggy mistakes.

At the airport. Going to Okinawa for a whole while.

See you guys in a few!

ZzqybuX.jpg

Have a nice trip.

Jesus Christ Melanie Brown is fucking hot. She's slaying me with that cleavage on America's Got Talent

YES. OH GOD YES.

I was watching AGT with my sister, niece, and nephews. Which lead to this convo.
Niece: You think she is hot?
Me: Yes
Niece: Gross, she looks dirty. Like she has tattoos on her vagina.
Me: You know? This is probably the first time I imagined having tattoos on my face.

harSon

Banned
Pacific Rim getting a sequel

USA USA USA

Yeah, right alongside his other projects At the Mountains of Madness, Frankenstein, Slaughterhouse Five and Drood. Or his Haunted Mansion project. Probably somewhere in between Beauty and the Beast and Dark Universe as well. But not before his TV Shows The Strain and adaptation of Monster.

Aint nobody afraid of spiders.....

Intense hatred and thoughts that they shouldnt exist are another matter.

And good shit on that pacific rim.

Dukes Mayonnaise is the shit.

Be safe in Okinawa.

Be safe in Spokane.

Gabby can do it and she has.

Eddie fucked up and should have gave her half.

Harson your enthusiasm is commendable. But goddamn thats too much.

Fuck flying roaches. Thats another species that will get a brick. But I saw them coming up so they just eh......

And to get rid of German roaches(the little brown ones) you have to fumigate every 3 weeks up to 4 months. If they move in you have to bomb a house MULTIPLE times over a period of months just to kill 3 to 4 generations. A friend of mine was in pest control and we almost moved into a house that was infested. Thank the lord we checked the stove.....

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
spiders aren't usually scary unless they're huge, but Texas is brown recluse country, so if I see anything with 8 legs that's brown, it dies immediately

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Yeah, right alongside his other projects At the Mountains of Madness, Frankenstein, Slaughterhouse Five and Drood. Or his Haunted Mansion project. Probably somewhere in between Beauty and the Beast and Dark Universe as well. But not before his TV Shows The Strain and adaptation of Monster.

hating ass muthafucka

i hope you pour salt in your cornflakes tomorrow

cdyhybrid

spiders aren't usually scary unless they're huge, but Texas is brown recluse country, so if I see anything with 8 legs that's brown, it dies immediately

So glad we don't get shit like that here in the city. The worst I've seen is wolf spiders in some older houses but even that's pretty rare. Maybe a black widow here or there if you have a huge pile of wood that's been sitting out for a while and you live near a wooded area.

One of the reasons I'll always be a city guy.

Slayven

Reminds me I was listening to a podcast. And the host was talking about a drunk white girl banging on his door one night. Being a black man, he locked the house down and waited in the closet until the cops came.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
I just walked in the house after seeing Pacific Rim with my oldest boy.

I don't know who was more animated coming out of the theatre, me or him.

Sign me up day one for any sequels, that shit was amazing. Just like Dredd - it knew what it was and didn't try to bite off more than it could chew (underdeveloped Hannibal Chau plot line aside). So goddamn good. And seeing ol' Stringer coming through to save the day in his gear? A single tear welled up in my left hemisphere as I mentally saluted the screen.

So. Good.

Reminds me I was listening to a podcast. And the host was talking about a drunk white girl banging on his door one night. Being a black man, he locked the house down and waited in the closet until the cops came.
Must be in the States. :p

You'd have to make a video recording, Brekaing Bad style.

"My name is Slayven, I am speaking to my family now...there are going to be some things that you'll come to learn about me in the next few days..I just want you to know, no matter how it may look, I never touched that white girl."

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Moris has somehow convinced me to get Dragon's Crown

not sure if I want it on PS3 or Vita though. Xillia comes out the same day too...

(I really need to fucking validate my Vita by actually buying Vita games for it though)

Moris has somehow convinced me to get Dragon's Crown

not sure if I want it on PS3 or Vita though. Xillia comes out the same day too...

(I really need to fucking validate my Vita by actually buying Vita games for it though)

I can guarandamntee you that I am buying this digitally on day one. I know of at least 6 others getting it so i will be on it big time.

Just gave Amazon my money for Dragon's Crown, not sure if I'll go Fighter or Elf. Looks like I'll actually be able to get on on day 1.

Dwarf or Amazon is my choice. So yeah. The question is when it is released digitally i will hop on it.

And I am listening to the podcast......

That shit is amazing so far. I so got to get on this shit.

Tokubetsu

I just walked in the house after seeing Pacific Rim with my oldest boy.

I don't know who was more animated coming out of the theatre, me or him.

Sign me up day one for any sequels, that shit was amazing. Just like Dredd - it knew what it was and didn't try to bite off more than it could chew (underdeveloped Hannibal Chau plot line aside). So goddamn good. And seeing ol' Stringer coming through to save the day in his gear? A single tear welled up in my left hemisphere as I mentally saluted the screen.

So. Good.

Must be in the States. :p

"I don't bring anything with me into the drift."

Hi black culture gaf! I have a small dilemma here that I thought I'd invite some discussion on. I didn't want to make a thread because I don't think the rest of gaf can be adults about this. So I've been seeing this black girl for a few weeks now. Not the first time I've dated a black girl, but the first time this has been an issue. She's real nice, down-to-earth, etc. However, she has a tendency to use "the n-word" in it's -er form any time that she uses it. Even as a white guy who could never really understand the sting of the word, it makes me super fucking uncomfortable. Is she in the wrong for using it like that, or am I in the wrong for caring about it? Just looking to hear others' perspective.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
seriously ask yourself why that word makes you uncomfortable and then tell your girl why that language makes you uncomfortable. this is conversation you need to have with her instead of trying to gage other black folks opinions.

seriously ask yourself why that word makes you uncomfortable and then tell your girl why that language makes you uncomfortable. this is conversation you need to have with her instead of trying to gage other black folks opinions.

I definitely will if it continues to be an issue, but I'd like to make sure that I have as holistic of an outlook as I can before doing that.

And it bothers me because I had a pretty serious confrontation with my dad about his racially insensitive attitude toward a girl I was seeing years ago that left me with a vehement hatred for the word. No mystery there.

edit- also worth noting that I'm not looking solely for black folks opinions, but rather the section of gaf that can approach this conversation without devolving into "Why can't white people say it too?" arguments.

rugioh

Banned

I don't mind killing spiders.... but my girl called me up and told me theres a wasp in her house and shes too scared to spray it down even tho she has the RAID right there in the kitchen. There is nothing in this world I hate more than wasps and hornets. I don't wanna do it GAF ;_;\

Also, what black girl would use the hard r on purpose?

I don't mind killing spiders.... but my girl called me up and told me theres a wasp in her house and shes too scared to spray it down even tho she has the RAID right there in the kitchen. There is nothing in this world I hate more than wasps and hornets. I don't wanna do it GAF ;_;

God, no. Wasps are evil. Been stung too many times as a kid. I'm cool with spiders. Never wasps.

It put me in a surreal head space for sure. I don't get the impression that she's aware that using a hard r carries a different connotation either, although I can't fathom that being the case. I feel like almost everyone knows that.

I don't mind killing spiders.... but my girl called me up and told me theres a wasp in her house and shes too scared to spray it down even tho she has the RAID right there in the kitchen. There is nothing in this world I hate more than wasps and hornets. I don't wanna do it GAF ;_;\

i've met a few in GA that do.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Good luck playing games like Last of Us, GTAV, Beyond 2 Souls, FFXV and MGSV on your PC

Have fun paying 300 for a newer graphics card and maybe a better processor every year or two

Have fun sitting on your cough w/ a keyboard and mouse on your lap

Have fun keeping your PC in your room and connecting it to a living room TV

the price you pay for a console = convenience, comfort and better games

Hold on your horses there cowboy.

This is a vivid illustration of why the PC market is secondary in importance and has barely any say in the industry. When I buy a game on the console I vote for the game, I vote for the developers, I vote for the sequel. You just pay Gabe for a license.
Gaming side get irrational and feel threatened by PC gaming in 2013.

Top Bottom