• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT4| Learn to love the BBC

harSon

Banned
Gaming side get irrational and feel threatened by PC gaming in 2013.

They've got a point though. PC gaming alone is really encompassing, but you're going to miss out on some great 1st/2nd party games, as well as a lot of Japanese 3rd party games. As far as upgrading your gaming computer every 1-2 years, that's only the case if you're anal about squeezing out maximum performance at all times.

As of right now though, my PC is basically a console. I've got my PC hooked up to my television with an HDMI switch. A wireless Playstation 3 and Xbox 360 controller. And all my games running through Steam Big Picture mode, with the guide buttons of both set to launch Steam Big Picture. It's basically my 3rd party and Indie game machine at this point, with some PC exclusive stuff sprinkled in.

Mr. Patch

After seeing people defend Riley Cooper, I've concluded that lot of people will just never hold white people accountable for their actions.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
They've got a point though. PC gaming alone is really encompassing, but you're going to miss out on some great 1st/2nd party games, as well as a lot of Japanese 3rd party games. As far as upgrading your gaming computer every 1-2 years, that's only the case if you're anal about squeezing out maximum performance at all times.

you're gonna miss out on a bunch of great PC exclusive games if you go console only, too. That's how exclusives work. I don't know why people treat that as a problem with PC games and not a problem with consoles.

harSon

Banned
you're gonna miss out on a bunch of great PC exclusive games if you go console only, too. That's how exclusives work. I don't know why people treat that as a problem with PC games and not a problem with consoles.

You're preaching to the choir. I've been a proponent of owning all of the platforms, should they have exclusives that potentially interest you, for a long time now. I'd rather have unlimited no barriers to the games I want, instead of having to resort to port begging or prayors that the game in question will come to the console I own.

After seeing people defend Riley Cooper, I've concluded that lot of people will just never hold white people accountable for their actions.

Despite what people would like to believe, this forum, like society at large, is full of people with prejudiced views. There's racism on Xbox Live, PSN, every online game in existence, youtube, the comments section of every site in existence, unmoderated forums and pretty much every corner of the internet that is anonymous and not monitored, and yet people believe that Neogaf is some prestine socially progressive sanctuary? Fuck that, people are just afraid of getting banned.

FyreWulff

My main annoyance with PC gaming is the "steam or no buy" people. It runs on the same goddamn platform in the same goddamn way, but you have to have your game run on an app used by a small subsection of the overall PC install base just to get hardcore gamers to buy your games.

It's like people willingly entwine themselves into vendor lock-in and then praise being locked in. On an open platform.

Slayven

My main annoyance with PC gaming is the "steam or no buy" people. It runs on the same goddamn platform in the same goddamn way, but you have to have your game run on an app used by a small subsection of the overall PC install base just to get hardcore gamers to buy your games.

It's like people willingly entwine themselves into vendor lock-in and then praise being locked in. On an open platform.

The colt of steam is fucking crazy.

FyreWulff

Know what's even stupider about lock in on an open platform? If you use Steamworks then your Steam players can't chat with Origin, uPlay, or any other digital service. Steam users can only interact socially with Steam users.

At least when Xfire was the thing everyone used, you could talk to everyone in-game no matter where they acquired the game from. Why is there a stupid pointless playerbase split on games all running on Windows I'll never know. More developers need to be rolling their own backends and not using Steamworks, ever.

I don't know how they did it, but somehow Valve sold the AOL model to gamers.

Shit, even Ubisoft and EA sell their games on each other's digital stores.

harSon

Banned

It's a non-factor to me since you can just launch non-steam games through the clients regardless of whether it was purchased through steam or not...

FyreWulff

It's a non-factor to me since you can just launch non-steam games through the clients regardless of whether it was purchased through steam or not...

True, but Valve intentionally annoys the OCD purchases by labeling it a 'Non-Steam game' to everyone else that looks at you on the FL.. They want you to buy it through their store to make it have the full priviledge.

It's smart and clever, but still, they're trying to lock people in at the social level at every moment they can. Same reason Sony and MS will carry accounts forward as long as they can, regardless if the games purchased are actually available, they want people to have all their friends back again and encourage their friends to purchase the next hardware to follow them. If you ever trash your account system, you're giving people a chance to switch hardware.

Which I'll admit is an issue for Nintendo and the Wii U. They have a full account system now, but there was no real continual identity on the Wii U. It's a lot easier to switch from the Wii to the PS4, instead of the 360 to the PS4.

BHZ Mayor

Fuck that, people are just afraid of getting banned.

This is why no one responded to my post in the Tim Allen thread. There's only two way it could go. Either exposing yourself as a hypocrite, or exposing yourself as a homophobe and getting banned.

RedSwirl

I get the anger with "Steam or no-buy" people. I'll buy a game outside Steam if it's a better deal, but the truth is that Valve has just built a much better service than pretty much everybody else right now. Shit, I'm actually getting fairly deep in this Steam Trading Cards business. Starting to remind me of X-men cards back in the day. I re-bought The Witcher 2 during the sale when they added cards.

Origin and UPlay are just not at feature parity yet, and aren't as reliable (at least not Origin). I like GOG though since it's carved out its own niche in old-ass games and supports them with robust incentives.

I heard the stupidest hypocritical crap last night in the bathroom. Apparently if you're past 25 you have no business getting an abortion. Oh and the best part, which put me on high alert, was some other girl chimed in (and they all agreed), "yeah when I know I'm near the end of a cycle and I go home with a guy, I ask myself if I could have a kid with him." I wanted to leave the stall and tell every guy in ear shot not to go home with any of these clowns (there were 3 of them).

Slayven

I heard the stupidest hypocritical crap last night in the bathroom. Apparently if you're past 25 you have no business getting an abortion. Oh and the best part, which put me on high alert, was some other girl chimed in (and they all agreed), "yeah when I know I'm near the end of a cycle and I go home with a guy, I ask myself if I could have a kid with him." I wanted to leave the stall and tell every guy in ear shot not to go home with any of these clowns (there were 3 of them).

You got me scared.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant

This is why I'm still single.

Slayven

Powerball is 290 million. I hit that I am going on a BCT world tour.

Me and Devo will go to that chicken biscuit place.

Me and Dy would hit the strip club.

I would meet Bish at the border and wave at him from the USA side.

I would hire a chopper to airlift some Popeye's to Rei

Me and Moris would cruise santa monica blvd in a pimped El Camino. Wife beaters and chinos fresh so fresh they still got the tags.

Me, Par, and Rei will go to Japan and film "Niggas in Akihabara"

hanging with Mufusa might be beyond me, I got asthma.

Rio will travel with me as security and eat any charges.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"

Hmmm. Nope.

rugioh

Banned

At least they're polite enough to ask I guess lol, could be worse pokin holes in rubbers

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus

mpO6vwl.gif

Nakazato

Me and Moris would cruise santa monica blvd in a pimped El Camino. Wife beaters and chinos fresh so fresh they still got the tags.

Damn Naka gets left out ....

Gorillaz

since when did BCT have an illuminati in the first place?

yall sacrificing goats and
KFC
and shit?

edit: Since no one will probably get ther reference the sacrificing goat thing was a line from Jay Electronica when people thought he was in the "Illuminati" and he was just making up shit on twitter

EscoBlades

Ubisoft Marketing
Assuming everything goes well, i'm moving in September. Plateau Mont Royal ain't ready for me!

Would need to have drinks with BCT Canada Chapter when i touch down.

As long as I'm paid to punch people and throw bricks I'm down.

Meanwhile at the house of Rio.....

Just watched Under the Dome. That show is too good. And snatched up street fighter 4, zoehd, and doom 3 bfg for 40 bucks. So solid.

Slayven

"Started from the bottom"

Fun fact, i worked free for a year to get the experience needed for this job. Well, i had that YT income coming in to help, but those were some dark times.

Ramen noddles and wish sandwiches(wish you had something to put in the bread)?

DominoKid

my degree finally came in the mail after 2+ months. how about my mom actually heisman'd me so she could be the one to get it from the UPS man and open it up.

EscoBlades

Ubisoft Marketing

W.O.W!!

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Once you leave the greater Seattle-Tacoma metro area you're in Idaho.

I like Idaho girls. The ones I ran into on the bsu campus were fun as hell. Utah on the other hand..... My cousin and I are going to a bathroom at a 7-11 following one of his bowl games, and with light snow this young chick was trying to pick up the both of us. The desperation was so strong you could see it from the van.

cdyhybrid

I like Idaho girls. The ones I ran into on the bsu campus were fun as hell. Utah on the other hand..... My cousin and I are going to a bathroom at a 7-11 following one of his bowl games, and with light snow this young chick was trying to pick up the both of us. The desperation was so strong you could see it from the van.

I worked with a chick from Idaho in college. She was hella cool, but she's living in SF now instead of moving back to Idaho, so she might be an outlier. I'm a big city guy, so I'll never find out what the real Idaho is like if I have any say in it.

Top Bottom