• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT4| Learn to love the BBC

Broly is the worst character.

Hey, he was fine in the first movie when he was just an evil dick. His death was stupid, though. Nowhere near getting harmed, and one punch kills him. Though some guy says it's like his Achilles heel, as Goku punched him in the spot that he was stabbed as a kid.

In retrospect, Achilles death was also dumb, but whatever. His heel, though?

Broly is that dude. his first 2 movies are dope, but Bio-Broly is straight basura.

Bio-Broly is just nightmare fuel.

Salty Bets is all the evidence I need that I should never gamble irl.

Oh, you and me both, friend. At least you can't run out in Salty Bets. IRL it'd end like an Xfinity commercial - "don't wake up in a roadside ditch" or "don't sell your hair to a wig shop."

Gorillaz

So...I just watched the first episode of Orange is the New Black on Netflix. Conflicted on it mainly due to the fact it felt pretentious as hell. Shit had a sex scene like the first 3 mins. Actually that's literally what the entire first episode was about.

I usually don't complain about shit like that but after watching breaking bad over again to get ready for the final 8 episodes I realized that it had virtually no sex scenes and still had some sort of "hook" to make it entertaining. I don't know that speaks volumes on TV and shows in general.

I'm getting cynical over TV shows BCT. Somebody that is into TV/Film....Kaep, Harson......help

DominoKid

Orange/Black is that dopeness.
heavy focus on women & minorites explored in depth too.
i figured the BCT would be all over it.
ibs4EXqOiJy61n.png

So...I just watched the first episode of Orange is the New Black on Netflix. Conflicted on it mainly due to the fact it felt pretentious as hell. Shit had a sex scene like the first 3 mins. Actually that's literally what the entire first episode was about.

I usually don't complain about shit like that but after watching breaking bad over again to get ready for the final 8 episodes I realized that it had virtually no sex scenes and still had some sort of "hook" to make it entertaining. I don't know that speaks volumes on TV and shows in general.

I'm getting cynical over TV shows BCT. Somebody that is into TV/Film....Kaep, Harson......help

Orange is the new black is cynical as fuck. Told in the style of Weeds(done by the same cat, Jenji Kohan). It is crazy in its absurdity but im gonna be real I loved every minute of it. It almost makes fun of a lot of jail tropes(rape in the shower, and bathroom) and twist in a strange way that you say man this is some bullshit. And yeah sex is a huge overtone throughout the story but some of the characters are extremely endearing and well fleshed out. It almost makes you feel sorry for some of the inmates but at the end of the day their asses are in their for a reason. It has its funny moments and some of the heartwarming ones and even the pretentious moments but overall its solid. And now that season 2 is confirmed the way it ended was solid. Its the story of a woman who cant take responsibility for the shit she did and she blames it on everyone else. Its not breaking bad level good but its good nonetheless.

But im biased. This came out right when I was starting my new promotion. So the times I had off I spent it with my girl watching it. Good times being able to share something good with your significant other.

EDIT: Captain Janeway was the fucking truth.

Dereck

Hey, he was fine in the first movie when he was just an evil dick. His death was stupid, though. Nowhere near getting harmed, and one punch kills him. Though some guy says it's like his Achilles heel, as Goku punched him in the spot that he was stabbed as a kid.

In retrospect, Achilles death was also dumb, but whatever. His heel, though?"
SSJ 1 Broly is the only Broly I can tolerate.

images

Gorillaz

Orange/Black is that dopeness.
heavy focus on women & minorites explored in depth too.
i figured the BCT would be all over it.
ibs4EXqOiJy61n.png
I see them hinting at discussing women/minorities . I'll give it that i does have a off beat interesting take to it but the ending of the first episode

scust x 100
So the times I had off I spent it with my girl watching it. Good times being able to share something good with your significant other.

Yea that's what people been telling me. There is this chick at my job that has been trying to talk me into watching the show.

Might try to make it work in my favor.....

Yea that's what people been telling me. There is this chick at my job that has been trying to talk me into watching the show.

Might try to make it work in my favor.....

Use this as leverage. Just do us a solid and make sure you come correct at ole girl. You come sideways we will clown you. I wish you godspeed and good luck in this endeavor. Do yourself proud. Do BCT proud. Do the Fam Proud.

BHZ Mayor

I love Broly's death in the second movie. Kamehameha into space and his heart explodes.

I know that's his stab wound but I like to pretend it's his heart because I hate him so much.

Slayven

Damn some angles are horrid. She jsut loosk wore out.
Orange is the new black is cynical as fuck. Told in the style of Weeds(done by the same cat, Jenji Kohan). It is crazy in its absurdity but im gonna be real I loved every minute of it. It almost makes fun of a lot of jail tropes(rape in the shower, and bathroom) and twist in a strange way that you say man this is some bullshit. And yeah sex is a huge overtone throughout the story but some of the characters are extremely endearing and well fleshed out. It almost makes you feel sorry for some of the inmates but at the end of the day their asses are in their for a reason. It has its funny moments and some of the heartwarming ones and even the pretentious moments but overall its solid. And now that season 2 is confirmed the way it ended was solid. Its the story of a woman who cant take responsibility for the shit she did and she blames it on everyone else. Its not breaking bad level good but its good nonetheless.

But im biased. This came out right when I was starting my new promotion. So the times I had off I spent it with my girl watching it. Good times being able to share something good with your significant other.

Orange and Weeds are White Women the series. Meaning they can do no wrong even when doing wrong. Shit will never catch up with them.
Why you trying to set up the uninitiated?

It is real out here in Obama's streets.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
For real though, Orange handles diversity like a pro. It never felt forced. All of the women feel like individuals and not cariactures of a color. It's a breath of fresh air.

Top Bottom