• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT4| Learn to love the BBC

Slayven

I just watched the video where Toni Braxton's ass was hanging out her dress and she didn't even know it

rickross.jpeg

harSon

Banned
Had to preorder my PS4 and XB1 at the Walmart in the hood since the one closest to me didn't have the preorder slips. There's no way in hell I'm picking mine up at midnight now. I'm getting that shit when the days at its brightest.

Had to preorder my PS4 and XB1 at the Walmart in the hood since the one closest to me didn't have the preorder slips. There's no way in hell I'm picking mine up at midnight now. I'm getting that shit when the days at its brightest.

Don't worry, ain't nobody gonna come for your xbone receipt no matter what time of day it is,.

XenodudeX

PS4 and XB1

Thats like.... *counts on fingers* 900 bucks. Thats some dedication right there

just get some dark skinned friends to go with you.

Gorillaz

"Harson where you going at 8 in the morning? "

"Uh im uh gotta get some more milk we low"

"But we just got milk las-"

"Look I gotta go"

I don't fuck with midnight releases but I might go to the GTA 5 one tho since campus is hyped

cdyhybrid

I've done midnight releases for Brawl and Wrath of the Lich King. Both were pretty chill and relatively normal, but that's probably because I was near a college campus.

Edit: Oh and I camped out for 10 hours for a Wii.

Spinluck

Vita is definitely a better system than the Wii U up to this point. And the 3DS destroys both. Until this fall line passes by and Smash, Wii U is a joke. I like the first Bayonetta, but there's no way Bayonetta 2 being exclusive was as big as GAF made it seem.

Nintendo needs to get off their ass and do some marketing lol. I'm pretty sure once PS4 and XB1 release they will, there is no way in hell they will just sit there and allow those to companies to go on a marketing spree while they sit quiet.

I still don't get why you wouldn't want to sell as much Wii U's as possible before the competition arrives. If they played their cards right, they could've put themselves in a really good position.

real talk. i bought my 60GB PS3 (MSRP $600 at the time) for $500 flat from a dude on Craigslist brand new in box in a subway station in Flatbush, Brooklyn. over the years, many friends of mine bought various electronics from the dude and his brother off Craigslist, always below MSRP, just searched for the phone number and saw what was posted. dudes used to post all sorts of stuff for sale, consoles, computers, other electronics, even 2 cars and for some reason, a 6 foot tall mirror...

honest question, what games does the Vita even have? Persona 4 and PS3 ports seem be to the only shit anybody talks about. Do they have anything of their own of the quality of Pikmin 3 or Wonderful 101?

Slayven

Vita is definitely a better system than the Wii U up to this point. And the 3DS destroys both. Until this fall line passes by and Smash, Wii U is a joke. I like the first Bayonetta, but there's no way Bayonetta 2 being exclusive was as big as GAF made it seem.

Nintendo needs to get off their ass and do some marketing lol. I'm pretty sure once PS4 and XB1 release they will, there is no way in hell they will just sit there and allow those to companies to go on a marketing spree while they sit quiet.

I still don't get why you wouldn't want to sell as much Wii U's as possible before the competition arrives. If they played their cards right, they could've put themselves in a really good position.
I never got that. Didn't Bayonetta bomb hard the first time around?

real talk. i bought my 60GB PS3 (MSRP $600 at the time) for $500 flat from a dude on Craigslist brand new in box in a subway station in Flatbush, Brooklyn. over the years, many friends of mine bought various electronics from the dude and his brother off Craigslist, always below MSRP, just searched for the phone number and saw what was posted. dudes used to post all sorts of stuff for sale, consoles, computers, other electronics, even 2 cars and for some reason, a 6 foot tall mirror...
Can't knock the hustle.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
honest question, what games does the Vita even have? Persona 4 and PS3 ports seem be to the only shit anybody talks about. Do they have anything of their own of the quality of Pikmin 3 or Wonderful 101?

gravity rush and wipeout. both are free with plus too.

Spinluck

Yes. It's worth mentioning ports I guess. But that's exactly the Wii U needs, and sorta doesn't need. Mass Effect and Batman ports are cool I guess, but there's not much incentive to buy those unless you're a huge fan of the series. The Vita ports are pretty cool, and make awesome games like Rayman Origins and quite a few indie titles portable.

Persona 4 Golden
Dragon's Crown
Rayman Origins
LBP Vita
LIMBO
Sound Shapes
Gravity Rush
Guacamelee
Hotline Miami
Machinarium
Superstar Dust Delta
Lumines: Electronic Symphonies
AC:Liberation for EscoBlades

This is stonger than the Wii U's current library. It's not even close tbh. I probably left out some.

I can't really remember to be honest. But I'm guessing there was a reason SEGA didn't greenlight a sequel. Either they were broke or didn't think it was worth the investment.

Yeah, as someone who already has a PS3 and planning to get a PS4, the ports of stuff like Guacamelee, LIMBO or Rayman Origins really don't convince me of much. Great games, but I'm already playing them on 1080p at home. Something like Wonderful 101 or Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze are only available on one platform, that's worth the investment to me.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Yeah, as someone who already has a PS3 and planning to get a PS4, the ports of stuff like Guacamelee, LIMBO or Rayman Origins really don't convince me of much. Great games, but I'm already playing them on 1080p at home. Something like Wonderful 101 or Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze are only available on one platform, that's worth the investment to me.

I will say this - Dragon's Crown is made for portable. Its perfect for Vita.

I may have played it on PS3 twice.

BHZ Mayor

Asking here instead of making a thread because I'm not looking for any high horse 'ban guns' bullshit. Anybody in BCT have a gun? If so, what kind and how did you decide what to get?

Kreed

I can't really remember to be honest. But I'm guessing there was a reason SEGA didn't greenlight a sequel. Either they were broke or didn't think it was worth the investment.

Platinum Games/Clover has never had a hit game besides Viewtiful Joe (if you even want to call that a hit). I love Clover/Platinum Games but there was a good reason Capcom canned their whole division. Their games get great reviews on GAF/from the hardcore but that doesn't translate to sales.

RedSwirl

Whelp. Got to see if I can finish up Amnesia the Dark Descent before the new one comes out. It's basically "Oh HELL naw!: The Game." I don't even know why I buy these damn games.

How's the rest of BCT on horror?

FyreWulff

Incoming market contraction. If the Wii U had somehow maintained it's pace from launch, it'd already have half the 360's install base by the end of next month and would have overtaken the GameCube by November.

Sony bragging about having preorders at 1/4th the shipped Wii U base and knowing the Bone is worse off than the Quad, publishers better hope the Bone and the 4 have momentum past their preorders.

Platinum Games/Clover has never had a hit game besides Viewtiful Joe (if you even want to call that a hit). I love Clover/Platinum Games but there was a good reason Capcom canned their whole division. Their games get great reviews on GAF/from the hardcore but that doesn't translate to sales.

Hardcore gamers like to talk a lot about a game but don't show up to buy it when it comes out.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Asking here instead of making a thread because I'm not looking for any high horse 'ban guns' bullshit. Anybody in BCT have a gun? If so, what kind and how did you decide what to get?

I do.

Got two. A Sig and an AR. One for home/personal defense, one for zombies.

Bayonetta 2 was gonna bomb no matter the platform. But if it's anything like the last one(which all signs point to), it'll be a fantastic game you can't play anywhere else.

Top Bottom