• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT4| Learn to love the BBC

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
This Schoolhouse Rock: Earth Edition DVD is stank librul ass on a disc

I want to get off this couch and go join the Tea Party

WASHINGTON — A majority of Americans use their mobile phones to access the Internet, and a growing number use their handsets as their primary online device, a survey showed Monday.

The Pew Research Center survey found 63 percent of mobile phone owners now use their phone to go online. And because 91 percent of Americans now own a cell phone, this means that 57 percent are "cell Internet users."

Some 74 percent of African-American mobile phone owners are cell Internet users, as are 68 percent of Hispanics with mobile phones, the survey found.
http://goo.gl/sgdwn9

yep.

DominoKid

people near me already lined up deep for that GTA 5
iUFJBnOxpZNHZ.png

post made me want to pop in my Grammar Rock tape. i don't even have a VCR anymore.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
They huggin' trees or what, I don't remember it well.
Apparently, subtlety is a studded mace to the back of the skull. I love the Earth as much as the next guy, but leavening the message with some layers would be nice.

The only decent clip is the "Energy" song...and that was from the original series back in the 70s.

Slayven

Apparently, subtlety is a studded mace to the back of the skull. I love the Earth as much as the next guy, but leavening the message with some layers would be nice.

The only decent clip is the "Energy" song...and that was from the original series back in the 70s.

6a00e55031d3a388340112793b541728a4.jpeg

Sad that Luka never gave Wheeler no play until they damn near died.

Lil Manky was watching the old Schoolhouse Rock and...Math Rock, Grammar Rock, and Science Rock were good. History Rock was horrid. "Elbow Room", just...a song about Manifest Destiny? And there's a song about the 19th amendment (which I like) but nothing about the Civil Rights Movement? Especially with all the funk?

Yeah.

RedSwirl

Them W101 sales hurt my soul. Platinum Games is one of the last bastions of highly skill-based Japanese arcade gaming. Exceptional game mechanics, huge bonus content and unlockables in the box(not nickel and dimed out to you through day one DLC or pre-order bonuses), and just a wonderful attention to detail. Damn shame they don't get the kind of universal recognition they deserve.

I was waiting for another opportunity to quote this post.

How many other developers can you say this for? Nintendo maybe.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Platinum makes the best action games. Fact.

But it doesn't matter because people would rather blow money on DmC
I was waiting for another opportunity to quote this post.

How many other developers can you say this for? Nintendo maybe.

Firaxis

They can do no wrong

Onemic

I don't know, it seems that more recent Platinum releases are thought of as average or worse, or only seen favorably compared to worse entries in the same genres (at least around here),

Platinum Games are the closest equivalent of developers that make Godhand tier games. The gaming press will give them around average or worse reviews, but gaf will big every game of theirs up like it's the second coming. (Only exception I give to this is Bayonetta)

Suda51 is another example of this, but his games are just straight up shitty.

An hour ago I drove by the GameStop that I preordered GTA from....a group of dudes in 90 degree weather huddling under an umbrella to save them from the sun. 7 hours before launch.

It isn't that serious.

Gorillaz

Platinum has this weird western yet still eastern vibe in their games. Only other devs like that are Kojima and From Sofware. Shame they don't get good sales because they do have some charm in their games.

An hour ago I drove by the GameStop that I preordered GTA from....a group of dudes in 90 degree weather huddling under an umbrella to save them from the sun. 7 hours before launch.

It isn't that serious.
smh, yea ive seen a few pics of people waiting for hours on it. I'll go literally 30-40 before they start selling. I don't need to rush to stand several hours in line to wait for the possible disappointment of GTA 5.

I'm a believer in platinum.

I hated Vanquish the first time I played it, partly due to "not being in the mood" for the game. After my 2nd attempt, it caught me. I don't know sometimes it just takes really giving a title a try. I for one was very pleased with and made me wanna try their other titles. Have yet to play Bayo. But loved Anarchy Reigns.

Now I did the same with Dark Souls. Only it took 3 attempts and then DLC to get me to respect it.

Any of you cats ever went back to anything after hating it at first later on to love it? Not just games, anything?

Wonderful 101 is dope, shame it will super-bomb. With that said I'm still waiting with zen-like patience for GTAV on PC. I'll probably install San Andreas to hold me over (thank you based Steam sales). I've never played past the first hour.

It isn't that serious.

Passed by GS earlier in Carrollton at about 3pm EST and this one Asian cat was just standing there. Waiting and smoking outside GS. I just cannot get behind that dedication.

They also said they got 600 preorders to fill. I told my boy the manager he could have that shit. He looked like he was about to breakdown. Lol.

Top Bottom