• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT4| Learn to love the BBC

Viewtiful why'd you pre-order W101?

You knew they were gonna have copies and it's not like they were gonna keep the store open til midnight for you and that other loser to pick it up as soon as possible.

Plus in a couple weeks Amazon is gonna be using it as packing material for the PS4 and Xb1, could've got it for free.

You knew they were gonna have copies and it's not like they were gonna keep the store open til midnight for you and the that other loser to pick it up as soon as possible.

Plus in a couple weeks Amazon is gonna be using it as packing material for the PS4 and Xb1, could of got it for free.

I know JC is light-skinned, but you don't gotta piss on him like that mang.

18gig dl on PSN..........you better off doing a dramatic reenactment of the events of GT4.

So I watched 3 episodes of the boondocks(Thugnificent, Shinin, and Or die trying), ate a can of soup, ate 2 pieces of a Toblerone and finishing up 3rd episode of Luther S3.

And I'm only at 53%....

Fuck.

I'm gonna go play with my cats and wash some clothes. By estimation I got at least another hour and a half.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I posted this in the punk thread, but I remembered the post in here about the black kids doing metal, and I thought you guys might enjoy it.
You're also forgetting Death
Death's_original_members,_circa_1970s.png

Really underrated band from the 70s that is one of the protopunk bands that helped shaped the sound of The Ramones, Clash, etc. Real fun sound. They were originally going to be a R&B band then they saw Alice Cooper perform and decided to do some rock stuff.

Trailer for the documentary as well.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
I posted this in the punk thread, but I remembered the post in here about the black kids doing metal, and I thought you guys might enjoy it.

Really underrated band from the 70s that is one of the protopunk bands that helped shaped the sound of The Ramones, Clash, etc. Real fun sound. They were originally going to be a R&B band then they saw Alice Cooper perform and decided to do some rock stuff.

Trailer for the documentary as well.

yeah I love this stuff thanks for the turn on.

check out Black Death(metal) if you haven't already
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Death_(American_band)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-Bll0__MK8

afro punk seems to have taken over now but I dont know any bands by name.

FyreWulff

Watched my bro play the PS3 version for a bit (he has both Xbox and PS3, but it came down to being able to play GTA Online for free).

It's weird now having been to LA, recognizing where I am in LA depending on where he drives

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Assassin's Creed is an exercise in checklist game design. Those games have no soul.

EscoBlades

Ubisoft Marketing
I couldn't even feign interest to get past the turtorial on 2. And I played through all of the first one. Ehh

Me and new games don't mix it seems

My philosophy on games usually boils down to:

1: Not all games can be for everyone (this is fine)
2: You believe one game in a franchise sucks, and thus don't give it any more of a chance beyond that
3: You dislike a particular dev/ pub and refuse to buy anything they are associated with

AC is still kinda niche. Doesn't appeal to everyone. You could argue that over the years there has been a move towards appealing to a broader audience. I won't dispute that. Not every decision taken on AC is one i agree with, just so we are clear. It is still a narrative heavy experience, and a lot of that is underlying. More so if you consume our transmedia. Anyway this.....

Assassin's Creed is an exercise in checklist game design. Those games have no soul.

is interesting to me. I can agree AC3 was guilty of this. The previous games, not so much. I can't speak to Black Flag prior to release.

Slayven

I kind of wish they had done a straight pirate game instead of an AC side story. As a pirate I don't want stalking around in shadows, I want to eb balls out shiver me timbers and what not.

G-Fex

To be fair I didn't really like the first one so I'm not sure why I tried the second. I don't have things against publishers either , that's silly

I'm more of a retro person it seems, I guess. Picky and odd taste describes me.

JohnDoe

Banned
To be fair I didn't really like the first one so I'm not sure why I tried the second. I don't have things against publishers either , that's silly

I'm more of a retro person it seems, I guess. Picky and odd taste describes me.

Yup. The things I've been playing lately have been either old or indie. Not being elitist or anything but those kind of games just appeal more to me. Last game I actually finished was Snatcher.

EscoBlades

Ubisoft Marketing

Oh yeah, i should have worded that better. I didn't mean all 3 points applied to you. In actual fact, based on your comments, only the first probably applied to you. I'd like to tell you that staying with it would be rewarding, but that isn't universal. And this isn't a sales pitch (it doesn't benefit me in any way even if it was)

I'm always just curious what issues people have with Assassin's Creed, now that i'm in a position to influence parts of it down the line.

G-Fex

Wait you're on the AC team?

I haven't a clue of what input I'd have to give seeing as I haven't tried brotherhood or 3.

You're probably right, I suppose down the line I could try 2 again. Right now it's just a lot of Doom and other retro FPS's

FyreWulff

I actually recently was given the AC trilogy for 360 (the one where I think the AC2 box is a Platinum Hits shell for no reason), I need to get around to trying it and reviewing it.

still need to work on finishing Turok and braindumping on that too.

I think AC:Brotherhood was the magnum opus of the series, everything learned from the previous 2 games to make it the best it could be. Then Revelations.......what happened? Totally put a sour taste in my mouth.

EscoBlades

Ubisoft Marketing
Wait you're on the AC team?

I haven't a clue of what input I'd have to give seeing as I haven't tried brotherhood or 3.

You're probably right, I suppose down the line I could try 2 again. Right now it's just a lot of Doom and other retro FPS's

Constructive feedback is always welcome, so feel free to hit me up personally if you do eventually try them out. Lord knows, BCT don't hesitate to let me know *looking at JC*

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I think AC:Brotherhood was the magnum opus of the series, everything learned from the previous 2 games to make it the best it could be. Then Revelations.......what happened? Totally put a sour taste in my mouth.

Disagree, Brotherhood was the point where I thought it got boring.

In fact, I think I might just be an AC2 fan. Not an AC fan.

G-Fex

Constructive feedback is always welcome, so feel free to hit me up personally if you do eventually try them out. Lord knows, BCT don't hesitate to let me know *looking at JC*

Will do!

In fact I'm hoping Bish will hear my thoughts after I do a playthrough of Turok 2008

P.s : JC has anger issues so don't sweat him

Imm0rt4l

You knew they were gonna have copies and it's not like they were gonna keep the store open til midnight for you and that other loser to pick it up as soon as possible.

Plus in a couple weeks Amazon is gonna be using it as packing material for the PS4 and Xb1, could've got it for free.
Shhiiiet

Wynnebeck

Banned

Oh shit!

Meanwhile, Slay is watching BBT re-runs looking for nerd chic lines he can put in his struggle poems that he passes out to any woman dumb enough to take it.

Slayven

Meanwhile, Slay is watching BBT re-runs looking for nerd chic lines he can put in his struggle poems that he passes out to any woman dumb enough to take it.

You brought a stillborn system for one game. That is ultra struggle. There a chance 20 years from now where Devo might think "I am kind of tired of Timedog, let me give Slay a chance."

Ain't no chance of the Wii U being anything more than a doorstop.

You brought a stillborn system for one game. That is ultra struggle. There a chance 20 years from now where Devo might think "I am kind of tired of Timedog, let me give Slay a chance."

In the south we call these buckshots.....

EscoBlades

Ubisoft Marketing

Shots fired!

No, ultra struggle is waiting on Best Buy clearance sales for a HDTV in 2013 cuz you poor as fuck.

"Dear diary, sweet success! TWO women paid attention to me carrying that HDTV today! "Improving Myself in 2013" is well ahead of schedule!"

Slayven

No, ultra struggle is waiting on Best Buy clearance sales for a HDTV in 2013 cuz you poor as fuck.

"Dear diary, sweet success! TWO women paid attention to me carrying that HDTV today! "Improving Myself in 2013" is well ahead of schedule!"

The difference between a brony and a w101 owner?

A bony can find someone that shares their interest within their timezone.

Top Bottom