• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT4| Learn to love the BBC

harSon

Banned
I thought GTA 4 and both the expansions were pretty damn good. This shit right here though, looks amazing. Damn.

The expansions were good, but the main game was pretty stale. It was too grounded within reality for my liking, and not exactly sound in the gameplay department which was crucial considering what it was striving to be.

The expansions were good, but the main game was pretty stale. It was too grounded within reality for my liking, and not exactly sound in the gameplay department which was crucial considering what it was striving to be.

Yea, the controls were kind of hard to adjust to, took some time. And I agree about the expansions being much better than the main game.

Fuck it, I'm hype

i0rKIejAgruAj.gif

Slayven

The controls were too sloppy, making everything a damn chore.
you should probably make a thread about the list

you know, for entertainmentdiscussion
I am good, I know my limits.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
One of the girls I work with wanted to buy a swimsuit calender that features one of our bartenders.
Bartender girl is selling the calenders over the counter at 20 bucks a pop, but the other girl doesnt wanna go up and buy it herself, cause she doesnt like bartender girl, feels buying it herself would send the wrong message and only wants the calender to mock bartender girl.

So, not giving any fucks and looking for a laugh, I tell her to gimme the money and Ill buy that calender for her.
So I buy the shit and act all enthusiastic about it. Bartender girl asks me if I want to see her picture before I pay for the calender and I was like "nah, Ima take this on good faith", lol.
I see bartender girl again later that night when she comes back to my area of the restaurant, so I tell her "go 'head with your bad self" in front of some other staff.
anyway, she thinks Im into her now (yes, I lead her on like a asshole) and is running around telling my coworkers I told her to "back dat ass up" even tho I never said that.

bartender girl cuts nice figure, but Im not interested in her, cause shes hooked up with my boss a few times and that makes her totally unappealing to me.
I've been in this situation before.

Didn't smash - was ridiculed, but in the end I was glad I didn't take it further.

I'm not gonna lie, unless I'm out in public - I drink most of what's in my cabinet straight.

You can't just go out to bars and parties and start knocking back Jose Cuevo like its cool. People judge you.

I refuse to mix drinks, but I do need a beer or a glass of juice after I put back a shot of scotch or 151.

I've been in this situation before.

Didn't smash - was ridiculed, but in the end I was glad I didn't take it further.
like I said, my boss tapped that already. multiple times. and theres rumors going around about her having herpes. She has a great body and all that, but Im not touching her.

Pretty much my take. I didn't want a super serious GTA but if was gonna go that route it had to control well.

Yea, the controls were kind of hard to adjust to, took some time. And I agree about the expansions being much better than the main game.

After playing Sleeping Dogs, I hope they tighten up the controls and hopefully, unarmed combat will be good. Man, Sleeping Dog was amazing, the combat was seriously top notch

One of the girls I work with wanted to buy a swimsuit calender that features one of our bartenders.
Bartender girl is selling the calenders over the counter at 20 bucks a pop, but the other girl doesnt wanna go up and buy it herself, cause she doesnt like bartender girl, feels buying it herself would send the wrong message and only wants the calender to mock bartender girl.

So, not giving any fucks and looking for a laugh, I tell her to gimme the money and Ill buy that calender for her.
So I buy the shit and act all enthusiastic about it. Bartender girl asks me if I want to see her picture before I pay for the calender and I was like "nah, Ima take this on good faith", lol.
I see bartender girl again later that night when she comes back to my area of the restaurant, so I tell her "go 'head with your bad self" in front of some other staff.
anyway, she thinks Im into her now (yes, I lead her on like a asshole) and is running around telling my coworkers I told her to "back dat ass up" even tho I never said that.

bartender girl cuts nice figure, but Im not interested in her, cause shes hooked up with my boss a few times and that makes her totally unappealing to me.

where do you work?

Gorillaz

Said it in the gta thread but I got burned on gta 4 and its sluggish as hell controls "grounded" in realism. Not jumping in the hype yet but it looked impressive

RedSwirl

I just need to know: Will GTA V have not-shitty controls?

I mean, the rest of the stuff in GTA games is great and all, but I gotta be able to actually play the damn game. That's why I've preferred games like Saints Row to be honest. To this day Red Faction Guerrilla remains probably my favorite sandbox game.

I just need to know: Will GTA V have not-shitty controls?

I mean, the rest of the stuff in GTA games is great and all, but I gotta be able to actually play the damn game. That's why I've preferred games like Saints Row to be honest. To this day Red Faction Guerrilla remains probably my favorite sandbox game.

From what trailers and previews have said, this might be the first GTA game that actually PLAYS well. Moving while shooting, they got rid of the damn lock-on system, those vehicle physics, shooting while entering and exiting a vehicle(FINALLY)...it's lookin' pretty good.

I always wondered why I could never get into GTA but it struck me when I got GTA IV as a gift and I as I was going through some strip club mission with dudes that kept running away. Every time you fail you have to drive like 5 minutes back to where you're supposed to do the mission and listen to BS dialogue every single time. That's freaking stupid and quickly gets old. How can anyone put up with that? Feels like I'm playing something from the PS1 days.

Ballad of Gay Tony had checkpoints so you didn't have to drive alllll the way back to the mission/go through the dialog again, etc. I imagine they'll keep that around. In fact...I just checked the GTA V preview thread and they said if you die, you reload to the last checkpoint.

It feels like GTA V is the encapsulation of an entire generation of Rockstar Games, trying to make the biggest, most polished, intuitive, fleshed-out game they've ever made. They might be able to pull it off!

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
Ballad of Gay Tony was probably the most enjoyable GTA next to San Andreas. They brought back the humor, absurdness, and everything else that made GTA worth playing

Slayven

I always wondered why I could never get into GTA but it struck me when I got GTA IV as a gift and I as I was going through some strip club mission with dudes that kept running away. Every time you fail you have to drive like 5 minutes back to where you're supposed to do the mission and listen to BS dialogue every single time. That's freaking stupid and quickly gets old. How can anyone put up with that? Feels like I'm playing something from the PS1 days.

ultimately why i never finished,

Top Bottom