• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT4| Learn to love the BBC

Use to be.

Real ballers pay somebody to throw the lobster.

In other news M.night Shamlamdingdong is working with Terrence Howard. Damn he fell off.

Which one fell off, Shamalayan or Howard?

Wait, the answer is both of them.

And here I insert the obvious joke about M. Night switching Terrance Howard out for Don Cheadle in his next movie.

And here I insert the obvious joke about M. Night switching Terrance Howard out for Don Cheadle in his next movie.

Or he already replaced Don Cheadle with Terrance Howard

m-night-shyamalan_1334621413.jpg

Slayven

Howard is also in a direct to dvd movie with Colin Ferrell. Man talk about folks that fell off.

DominoKid

Was the Static Shock cartoon actually good?

I loved it as a kid because it was the only black superhero show AFAIK. But I'm curious how it was received.

ReiGun

My parents are a part of this "business" that I'm fairly sure is a pyramid scheme at worst, and a complete waste of time at best. I'm looking this primerica shit up online and for every person that says it's on the level, there's another saying it's not. Either way, I'm not feeling it.

Rei and Par, what you think about Carol wanting to smang Kyle?
Another example of Hal being < Kyle.

I should try hopping back in on GL. I feel like I never really gave the universe a chance.

I loved it as a kid because it was the only black superhero show AFAIK. But I'm curious how it was received.
I thought it was cool. I watched a few episodes a while back and still enjoyed myself.

My parents are a part of this "business" that I'm fairly sure is a pyramid scheme at worst, and a complete waste of time at best. I'm looking this primerica shit up online and for every person that says it's on the level, there's another saying it's not. Either way, I'm not feeling it.

Friend of mine quit his job to do it. It's sketchy as hell and should be avoided.

I went to one of their recruitment meetings or a competing similar company's meeting and left 15 mins in. I was shocked anyone could fall for it.

ReiGun

Friend of mine quit his job to do it. It's sketchy as hell and should be avoided.

I went to one of their recruitment meetings or a competing similar company's meeting and left 15 mins in. I was shocked anyone could fall for it.

My step-father is trying to get me to go and I'm just like "Nah, I'm good." They're so excited about it that I'm trying to be nice as I tell them that it's bad idea, but they're old and stubborn. Then my step-father hit me with the "you might as well look at it since you out of work" and I just looked at him like:

tumblr_mjhukkfsEA1r6ja9oo1_400.gif

"Whatever, nigga."

EscoBlades

Ubisoft Marketing
DC needs to stop with the PIS and do something with the Guardians of the Universe. Because boy...are they the dumbest bunch of powerful folk in the whole multiverse.

If you get slapped with a bag of milk, that's it. Game over on your future rap career and street cred right then and there.

"Yo, that's the nigga who got bopped by a bag of milk
KuGsj.gif
"

"Don't go over there, they throwing around bags of milk, making fools go home and kill themselves. Dudes be shuffling home looking like Charlie Brown after a bukkake session."

"Well, your resume is one of the most impressive we've seen yet, but correct me if I'm wrong here but...weren't you that nigga who got his soul stolen by a bag of milk? I'm sorry, but we simply can't allow that kind of person on our roster; absolutely everyone would be cracking wise about your fat-ass momma non-stop and work effort would plummet."

"I can't believe they did that to my baby, no lord not my baby! You monsters knew he was lactose intolerant tooooooo! Now he ain't gonna amount to shit like his habitual milk bag catching daddy!"

"Well, your resume is one of the most impressive we've seen yet, but correct me if I'm wrong here but...weren't you that nigga who got his soul stolen by a bag of milk? I'm sorry, but we simply can't allow that kind of person on our roster; absolutely everyone would be cracking wise about your fat-ass momma non-stop and work effort would plummet."
#dead

"Father, forgive me, for I have sinned"
"Say what has troubled your soul, my son..."
"Well padre, it's like this...I hit a man with a bag of milk today and I--"
"I'm sorry...did you say a bag of milk? Not a jug?"
"Oh yeah"
"...you have damned that boy to a lifetime of shame and an irrational fear of dairy products...Jesus fuckin' Christ..."

I loved Static Shock! Shame they didn't go for the 4th season after the last episode. But I would love a reboot in terms of a new kids show and a live action movie.

My step-father is trying to get me to go and I'm just like "Nah, I'm good." They're so excited about it that I'm trying to be nice as I tell them that it's bad idea, but they're old and stubborn. Then my step-father hit me with the "you might as well look at it since you out of work" and I just looked at him like:

tumblr_mjhukkfsEA1r6ja9oo1_400.gif

"Whatever, nigga."

...It was a big rock...

I loved Static Shock! Shame they didn't go for the 4th season after the last episode. But I would love a reboot in terms of a new kids show and a live action movie.

I've constantly been thinking of a Static video game with more modern music and stuff. Ah, well - dreams for now.

Anyways! Since the subject has been racism these past couple of weeks, here's the relevant episode of Static Shock:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3sOhT0NQ0E

Top Bottom