• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT5| A Nation of Drakes Can't Hold Us Back

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Where's the Last of Us on this list!?!" is getting out of hand, but so are the people who want to rush to any Uncharted thread and talk about how shitty the gameplay is.

Slayven

"Where's the Last of Us on this list!?!" is getting out of hand, but so are the people who want to rush to any Uncharted thread and talk about how shitty the gameplay is.

I hate GOTY lists in general because it turns into "Game wasn't GOTY thus retroactively makes it shit".

ReiGun

I stopped caring about GOTY lists once I realized that, like reviews, they're only really used for fanboy war bullet points. You can always tell who the contenders/winners are going to be for every site long before they even come out based on hype.

Slayven

I stopped caring about GOTY lists once I realized that, like reviews, they're only really used for fanboy war bullet points. You can always tell who the contenders/winners are going to be for every site long before they even come out based on hype.

They mean just as much as any entertainment award. Jack shit.

Caring about GOTY type shit is for people who don't even play games to have fun anymore. Who gives a good god damn. Popularity contests aren't about quality. But even this doesn't matter. I can't stand the rabid fanboyism of anything and everything. From grown ass people no less. There's way more to fucking life, way more fucked up and outrageous things, than TLOU being left off a god damn list. It's the kind of shit that makes me hate I enjoy games and am in gaming communities. Fuckin' grow up.

/rant

akira28

man, fukk games.

vV: my goty is a game I hate. Fucking Mechwarrior Online. I hate it but it's replaced Halo in my life for multiplayer carnage. and they're such money whores too. New gold colored units for $500 cash.

Happy birthday to Denzel Washington and Stan Lee and Nichelle Nichols.

Esco in the words of Erika Badu "See you next lifetime". That game consumed a shit load of time. And whats bad is I want to go back to it eventually. Just this time on Xbox360 or PC.

You know I like the idea of personal GOTY. Its not about all the hype its about what someone legitimately enjoyed. I gotta say my GOTY if we are going by game I played most this year/got most enjoyment would have been Diablo 3 on consoles and probably Dragons Crown.

ReiGun

They mean just as much as any entertainment award. Jack shit.

True. Still, I enjoy reading or listening to good _OTY lists. I like finding out why people enjoy the things they do and gaguing opinions against my own. But nowadays, shit seems less and less about providing your own perspective and more about being held to other people's standards and falling in line with popular opinion. People really need text and videos on the internet to bolster their own opinions, I guess.

I can agree with you Rei.
Again I love OTY list of random shit. Or the "oh shit they did that dumb shit this year" type of list. You know remembering the fucked up or the funny.

Example: Mother Fucking Sharkesia or some of the other random shit thats happen through out the year. Hell I looked at my birthday video on YT and didnt realize how many BCT shout outs I did while drunk. LOL

Gorillaz

Alright, I'm done with ME1, just lost a nice chunk of progress over a stupid death. Jumping straight to ME2

step your auto save and checkpoint game up, bioware

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Alright, I'm done with ME1, just lost a nice chunk of progress over a stupid death. Jumping straight to ME2

step your auto save and checkpoint game up, bioware

Final Act on 360 was really bad... the framerate made it almost unplayable.

reilo

For some reason I have SNL on.

Fallon and Timberlake? Could do worse... but it's not any good. And it feels like they're just throwing people on there to get people to tune in.

Paul McCartney in the opening monologue, and now Madonna in another random skit.

And also saw the top 10 dunks of 2013....

That #1
Someone get the gif out.

That dunk was one of the most GIF'ed things of all time. There's so many variations of it out there, and all are hilarious. Just search for it.

Rousey looked like she actually wanted to break Tate in half. Dayum!

For real, she walked into the ring looking like she was ready to do that 9-5. Tate on the other hand was smiling and shit bumping Katy Perry. Lord knows I got on facebook and was like Tate fans, #HoldThatL all up on my timeline.

EscoBlades

Ubisoft Marketing
For real, she walked into the ring looking like she was ready to do that 9-5. Tate on the other hand was smiling and shit bumping Katy Perry. Lord knows I got on facebook and was like Tate fans, #HoldThatL all up on my timeline.

LOL! The moment she got that 2nd armbar, i knew it was game up. Then she tapped. Then twitter went crazy over her not shaking the hand. Pls!

LOL! The moment she got that 2nd armbar, i knew it was game up. Then she tapped. Then twitter went crazy over her not shaking the hand. Pls!

I was impressed that she got the armbar without the legs being "correct" and walking away from a handshake when there was real beef behind the fight? Shieeet you were more respectful than most.

I was impressed that she got the armbar without the legs being "correct" and walking away from a handshake when there was real beef behind the fight? Shieeet you were more respectful than most.

Best thing about their fight was how many damn times Tate tried to go in for the takedown only to eat the mat every.single.time. The family that threw the get together ALL practice martial arts. The wife, husband, 3 daughters and son and they own a dojo; we were all cracking up like yo...why are you trying to take down this chick who is bigger than you and is great at judo. We died laughing when the interview came and Tate talks about her game plan being to stay on her feet and beat Rousey with punches lmao.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Final Act on 360 was really bad... the framerate made it almost unplayable.
Mass Effect 1's final act was 'really bad'?

iCCc7lu4w9uTt.png

you know for a fact that you have a hilariously uncommon opinion about mass effect in just about every aspect

Correct? Stahp. Yo - that set up for an armbar started when she locked Tate up against the cage. Her technique staying crisp through 3 transitions like that was a joy for anyone to watch. I have already Fedex'd her the wedding ring.

reilo

Mass Effect 1's final act was 'really bad'?

iCCc7lu4w9uTt.png

you know for a fact that you have a hilariously uncommon opinion about mass effect in just about every aspect
I was discussing the game's hardware performance on 360, which had bad framerate issues.

DY_nasty

I was discussing the game's hardware performance on 360, which had bad framerate issues.

Maybe yours sucked breh

I didn't have framerate issues for ME1 on my 2nd Xbox. But 1st and 3rd ran it just fine. Digital copy on my new model works fine. Textures popping in were more prevalent than anything - but that was mainly on moons.

(360 is a piece of shit)

reilo

Maybe yours sucked breh

I didn't have framerate issues for ME1 on my 2nd Xbox. But 1st and 3rd ran it just fine. Digital copy on my new model works fine. Textures popping in were more prevalent than anything - but that was mainly on moons.

(360 is a piece of shit)
I died several times because of it and it was the digital version straight from the HDD. Almost made the final boss battle unplayable at times.

reilo

Your 360 or install was shit then.
Most of the game ran really well, outside of the pop-ins like yoi mentioned, but that was more annoying than anything.

I put in ME2 on PC last week, but it doesn't support the 360 controller for some stupid fucking reason. Need to figure out how to setup my kb/mouse while I'm playing on the couch.

DY_nasty

Its weird, but there's almost no noise on GAF about how much better the MEs run on the PS3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom